October 2011 Moms

what brand of feminine napkins will you /did you use?

I know some people said to just get Depends, but those things are diapers and I just wont be happy in them.

so what brand are you /did you buy? overnight relief is best? 

and how many do you think you will go through? 

Re: what brand of feminine napkins will you /did you use?

• I used to love Kotex and tried to buy the same kind I used 15 years ago (before I used tampons) but, surprise surprise - things have changed and they don't sell them any more.

I went with the same brand and most absorbant I could find. I only bought one package because I want to see if I like them before I buy more.

• hospital provided diaper like pads that i used the first 18 hours, then i switched to a large wide pad (smaller than the diaper pads) for that night. the next day i wore the smaller pads during the day and medium pad that night. switched to thin kotex when i got home. flow is light.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Loading the player...
  • ok, TMI but here goes - 

I'm not bleeding very heavily at 4 days PP, but I didn't really tear. My OB described what I have as 'road rash' that only required a few stitches.

I'm using Kotex overnights right now and have some other lighter pads as well. I did use the diaper sized pads for the first day or so in the hospital.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hospital provided all three sizes.
    I looked and I am usibg kotex ultra thin long. A friend gave them to me. I could probably get the shorter size or panty liners when these are done.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • I was overwhelmed in that aisle of the store so I got these Always ones that said something about a leak guard. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm overwhelmed with all the choices since I haven't really used pads for years...I always go with tampons. I have heard lots of recommendations for using Always Infinity post-partum. Most people also say that whatever brand you get, you should get the overnights especially for the first few days.

• I used always overnights last time and will again. I went through a lot last time but I bled for about 5 weeks.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKrisM86:
    I have heard lots of recommendations for using Always Infinity post-partum. Most people also say that whatever brand you get, you should get the overnights especially for the first few days.
    I guess I'm one of the few freaks out in the world that hates tampons. I actually hated pads too until they started making these - they are the most comfortable pads out there - soft "fabric" like, don't stick to your skin, and they are SUPER absorbent. Get the overnights.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Always Super Absorbent Overnight  - just bought my first pack for if/when my water breaks and after birth.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• imageKrisM86:
    I'm overwhelmed with all the choices since I haven't really used pads for years...I always go with tampons. I have heard lots of recommendations for using Always Infinity post-partum. Most people also say that whatever brand you get, you should get the overnights especially for the first few days.

I picked up the Always Infinity pads as well.

• You definitely don't need Depends.

I had a c-section and my nurse said that c-sections bleed the most. I used Always Infinity Overnights. They're working just fine. I may even stop using the overnights and just get regular. It is a very light bleed. I'm a week PP and I'm still bleeding. I'd start with a pack and then see if you still need more depending on how long you bleed for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a FTM so I can't tell you what my experience is - but I can tell you what I bought.  I bought Always Overnights that are long.  Fingers crossed they're comfortable.  I also bought them on Amazon because you can do a subscribe and save which saves you 15% (then as soon as the order was placed I cancelled the subscription which was a matter of one click) and it was free shipping. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"