1st Trimester

Goodbye, hopefully some good news soon...

Wow, how heartbreaking the past day has been...

I went in yesterday for what was to be my 2nd OB appt., at 12w3d.  I had my first appt. at 8 weeks, and an ultrasound at 9 weeks to date the pregnancy.  We saw a strong, healthy heartbeat.  At the appt. yesterday, the doctor had trouble finding the heartbeat, tried for about 10 minutes, then said she couldn't hear it because she kept hearing what she thought was too much fetal movement.  So, she said she would either send me for an u/s just to be sure, or I could just schedule my next appt. for 4 weeks later because she was confident everything was fine.  I chose to get the ultrasound.  We walked up to the hospital, got into the u/s room, started the u/s, and the tech was very quiet.  The monitor was turned away from me, and he said he needed to do a transvaginal u/s.  So, we started that one, and more quietness.  He shut off the machines and told me to wait in the next room for my dr. to call.  I asked what was wrong, and he said he couldn't say anything, that the dr. needed to talk to us.  We waited, and waited (of course, I knew something was wrong by this point), finally the tech came back and told us to go back to the dr.'s office, that she wanted to talk in person.

So we walked back, and she ended up telling us that the baby measured 12w2d (which put the measurements at the previous day) with no heartbeat.  She said it was likely that the baby died sometime this past week.  I am scheduled for a d&c on Monday.  I have to walk around for the next 2 days knowing that this baby is still inside of me with no heartbeat.

What turned out as an amazing surprise ended up in the biggest heartbreak that I have ever experienced.  I realize that most of you don't "know" me, I don't post alot, but I just needed to write this all out as kind of a release.  Maybe it will be cathartic.

I wish all of you a happy & healthy pregnancy.  Pregnancy and motherhood are the most amazing blessings you will ever experience, and I don't wish any of this on my worst enemy.  Please try to enjoy every minute of your pregnancy- I'd take aches and pains, morning sickness, etc. over what I'm feeling now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1 5/2004 Karina Frances born February 6, 2005 8 lb., 6 oz.
BFP #2 8/2010 Hadleigh Abigail born April 7, 2011 8 lb., 11 oz.
BFP #3 7/2011 EDD 3/27/12 Missed MC at 12w3d (Sara Grace)
BFP #4 12/13/11 EDD 8/19/12 Praying for this little baby!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Goodbye, hopefully some good news soon...

• So sorry for your loss..
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • My heart is breaking for you. T&P
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • How awful. I am so sorry you had to go thru all of that. 

Hugs!!! 

• My heart breaks for you and what you are going through ...you are in my prayers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's one of the most unfair things that can happen.  I hope you're about to find some comfort with family or friends and the ladies on MC/PL board and the TTCAL board are also great if you're feeling up for that. 
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I am really sorry to hear about your loss. My husband and I will pray for your family. Take care. Hope to see you on here again with another little miracle xoxo
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • i am so sorry. i had a similar thing happen. 3weeks of strong heart beats and then nothing. i just was laying there on the table crying while she tried and tried to find the heart beat. I always thought after you heard the heartbeat you were pretty much in the clear. If you go to the mc page there are SO MANY women in the same boat as us. Strong heart beats and then losing their baby. I am just so sorry but there are so many people on this board that are here for support.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• i am so so sorry for your loss :(
    i shoot canon. #3: due 4/2012
  • Very sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I'm so sorry for your loss!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This absolutely breaks my heart...I'm so sorry sweetheart
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So sorry for your loss :(
  • My heart is breaking for you.  Thoughts & prayers to you.  I am so, so sorry.
    Blessed to be married to my best friend & so in love with our little man!!
    Mason Robert born 4/26/2012

Me:  31   DH:  35
    Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    TTC#2 since Spring 2014
    Clomid 50mg BFP 8/27/15, chemical pregnancy 8/30/15
    Clomid 100mg IUI #1 10/12/15....BFN.
    TTC Break until January 2016.

• So sorry for your loss. (Hugs)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through the same experience in February and just want to let you know not to give up hope. I was 14 w and measured 12 w/o a HB and had my D&C the following week. When my due date came along in August and I still wasn't pregnant I was devastated and needed support, but I got a BFP a few weeks later.

You will go through a lot of different emotions as you grieve, but I promise it will get better. If you had already told people that you were pregnant, it may be helpful to have a coworker let everyone know what happened so you don't have people asking you later and having to explain it to them.

There is a loss board here that I know people have found very helpful. T&P for you and your family.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • My heart is going out to you.  Here's sending you lots of healing energy and good luck on trying again when you're ready.

Lots of Love to You and God Bless...

• I am so, so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"