March 2012 Moms

Names you love but wouldn't give to your child.

There are so many names I like but my taste is just so old-fashioned! I love the name Edgar, but I don't think I could name my baby that. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Names you love but wouldn't give to your child.

• Celementine for a girl, its cute but I think its too out there still.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love Hans and Dieter. MH has German heritage so they would totally work, but he hates them both.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageSheenaNash1:
    Celementine for a girl, its cute but I think its too out there still.

Clementine is cute but I agree, I think "Oh my darling" when I hear the name.  Do you like Cleona? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My favorite name is Hannah, but our last name is way too similar to Hannah to ever use it as our baby's name.
    "Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • imageSheenaNash1:

This name is all over the baby name board. I just don't understand love affair with it.

I love the names Maeve and Bridget. I never pressed either of them with my husband because we've had our girl name decided since day 1.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I also like names like Emmeline, Rosaline, and Aveline...but my name is Caroline, so that doesn't seem fair! 
  • I have 3 all girls names:

I like Isabella but I know too many and after Twilight, I couldn't bring myself to do it! Thank you Kristen Stewart.

Olive- most people hate it by I think its kinda cute! ;)

Bailey- too many people name their pets Bailey and DH can't help but think Bailey's Irish Cream.

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Dinah but my husband does not.  We already have a girl name picked out though that we both like.  For a boy we both love the name Arlo but are not going to use it.  Just can't bring ourselves to do it.
  • I am in love with the name Pearl, but DH doesn't dig it.
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like traditional Irish names.  Seamus is one of my favorite boy names, but MH is not a fan.  For girls I love Siobhan (pronounced Sha-von), Saoirse (Seer-sha), and Roisin (Ro-sheen).  MH likes Roisin a lot, but because of the spelling/pronunciation issues that it would cause, we won't pick any of the Irish names I love.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• For a girl I like Huxleigh Jean, and for a boy I like Huxley Joel. My family hates the names. They say people will call them Hux for short and it sounds like a dogs name. It stinks I have had the names picked out for 4 years. But what do you do name your kid a name a name all of your family thinks is stupid! Ugh...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Due In March Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesweet_nitenale:
    I have 3 all girls names:

I like Isabella but I know too many and after Twilight, I couldn't bring myself to do it! Thank you Kristen Stewart.

Olive- most people hate it by I think its kinda cute! ;)

Bailey- too many people name their pets Bailey and DH can't help but think Bailey's Irish Cream.

One of my friends named her little girl Olive and I think it's an adorable name for an adorable little girl!

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• I LOVE  the name Opal and have for a very long time but my DH hates it as well... trying to find a name we both like is very hard 
  • I love the name Elodie, but DH says we'd be confining her to a life of "(eye roll) Its just Melody, without the M." 
    Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • Willow...but our last name also starts with a W
  • For a little while, I was really loving the name Ladybird, and my husband was on board. But then we both had a moment where we thought "ok, really? are we reeeaaallllllly gonna name our baby Ladybird?" Someone said it's the name of a dog on some stupid cartoon, and I have no love for LBJ. But c'mon. It's cool and vintage and ... ok, I'll stop. It's totally off the list. 
  • imageSaintDorothyMantooth:
    I love the name Elodie, but DH says we'd be confining her to a life of "(eye roll) Its just Melody, without the M." 

this whole time i thought it was pronounced "ee-low-dee".
    "ella-dee" sounds a little better, but i still think the name is just... unattractive to look at.
    i see it on every baby name site i look at and i just don't get it.

it's like the name Dashiel for a boy. WTF?

• I love Walter for a boy, but it is way too old fashioned.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • imagesalt78:

imageSheenaNash1:

This name is all over the baby name board. I just don't understand love affair with it.

I love the names Maeve and Bridget. I never pressed either of them with my husband because we've had our girl name decided since day 1.

I have a connection with the name because of a book I read every year to my students. So that's where the love of it comes for me. I don't know about anyone else. Where did the love affair of all names ending with aden come from? Who knows?

Oh and I saw Olive mentioned as well, I looove that name but DH said no. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagephancykat:
    I want to name my kid Jack Bauer...BF likes Jack, but won't go for Bauer. Smile I got Bauer from his side of the family, and Jack Bauer is a total bad a$$. I don't know why he has a problem with it. Stick out tongue

Bahahaha. I seriously started crackin up when I read that. My DF would probably be all for that.

• imageAbby7:
    I love Walter for a boy, but it is way too old fashioned.

I love Walter too.  Which is why I used it on one of our cats because I knew DH would never go for it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • I always loved the name Aidan.  And then it went and got popular, so I wouldn't use it now.  Of course now Kellen is growing in popularity, and I'm bummed about that!
  • Gertrude!  My favie of faves!  I have been in love with with the name since I was 12, but everyone I have ever talked to has told me it is hideous- so I named my dog Trudi.  That way I at least got to use it!

I also like Simon and Olive, and while there is nothing wrong with these names, it's just that we've had pets named Simon and Olive.  :-

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage
  • imagelalyssalou:

Gertrude!  My favie of faves!  I have been in love with with the name since I was 12, but everyone I have ever talked to has told me it is hideous- so I named my dog Trudi.  That way I at least got to use it!

I also like Simon and Olive, and while there is nothing wrong with these names, it's just that we've had pets named Simon and Olive.  :-

I think Gertrude is adorable!!! 

• My husband really wants to name a boy Samuel Eugene (now his excuse for Eugene is that it is a family name) The name is bad enough, but Our Last name starts with an X. Samuel Eugene X (and yes that is the reason he likes the name). Poor kid good thing I vetoed that one right away!!

pregnancy ticker
  • imageKSimone619:

imageSheenaNash1:

Clementine is cute but I agree, I think "Oh my darling" when I hear the name.  Do you like Cleona? 

That's funny.. I was totally considering Cleona for a girl!  It's the name of a small town near my college.  It always sounded nice!

I used to want to take the musical route and call my kid Sonata, Rhapsody, etc,. but can't bring myself to do it now! 

• imagepsychgirl33:
    imagelalyssalou:

Gertrude!  My favie of faves!  I have been in love with with the name since I was 12, but everyone I have ever talked to has told me it is hideous- so I named my dog Trudi.  That way I at least got to use it!

I think Gertrude is adorable!!! 

hahaha - My mom's name is Gertrude (after her mom) and she HATES it :(  She goes by Trudy. ...or as we call her "mama Trude" 

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • imagepsychgirl33:
    I really like traditional Irish names.  Seamus is one of my favorite boy names, but MH is not a fan.  For girls I love Siobhan (pronounced Sha-von), Saoirse (Seer-sha), and Roisin (Ro-sheen).  MH likes Roisin a lot, but because of the spelling/pronunciation issues that it would cause, we won't pick any of the Irish names I love.

Love Seamus. Was on my top list for boys last time. Cannot sell DH on it, unfortunately. Also like Mairead (rhymes with parade) and Imogen for a girl, but probably wouldn't use these either. DH's fave boy name last time was Henry and while I completely love it, I know my family would call him Hank, and I HATE the nn Hank.  

image        image
  • Irisheyes: I like the name Imogen, too!  MH vetoed that as well.

If I had had a child when I was young, I'm sure it would have had an odd name!  When I was in high school, I thought if I ever had a boy I'd name him Basil.  Didn't even bring that one up as an option to MH because I knew he would hate it.  

• Siobhan. I love that name and we have an irish ln but I taught a HORRIBLE boy named Shavon once and I just.can't.do.it.

I also love the boys name Christian but not w both our first names being Chris lol

• I love grandmother names. If we're having a girl, we agreed on Evelyn for the first name and Flora as the middle. Flora is my mother's name and this is her first grandbaby. We sorta agreed on Wyatt for a boy. I really like the names Ruby, Iris, Reagan, Grace, Ava, Alice (but that's my MIL's name), and Harper.
  • Daisy and Violet...so tempting but don't think I could go through with it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMaeMB:
    Daisy and Violet...so tempting but don't think I could go through with it

Oh I love the name Violet!  

• imagemommynpink:

imageMaeMB:
    Daisy and Violet...so tempting but don't think I could go through with it

Oh I love the name Violet!  

Oh I love Violet too, that was one DH and I agreed on. Definitely in the top...7? 

image        image
  • I have this thing for the name Wolfgang.  My husband likes it too, but I just can't name my son that.  We almost did last time, but I am glad we didn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"