Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pregnant 8 weeks postpartum?

Hi all! I mostly lurk but I'm in a little bit of a situation and wanted to get some opinions. 

I went in for my six week postpartum check up and was told by the OB that my period should of started already and that if I didn't start by 8 weeks to take a HPT. I'm impatient and took the HPT first thing this morning, 3 days shy of 8 weeks.  The test was positive.  I had my betas done today and they were 19.  My dr. said these are very low and could still be remaining hormones from my last pregnancy or very, very, early in a new pregnancy.  

I wish I had some sort of time line to go by but I have zilch.  The first time my husband and I had sex was 5 weeks postpartum, we've done it multiple times since then.  Everytime with protection.

I'm unsure what to think I've had minor cramping for the past few weeks but no other real symptoms. 

Sorry this is so long winded, ha, anyone ever have numbers that low that resulted in a viable pregnancy? Has anyone every heard of hcg being in your system that long? Dr. Google seems to say its gone in 4-6 weeks.  

Thanks!

ETA: I'm formula feeding. 

Thanks! 

Re: Pregnant 8 weeks postpartum?

• Hmmm, interesting!  Possible irish twins!  I guess you just have to wait and have your bloodwork done again and see what happens.  GL!  I hope you get the results you're looking for. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aye!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsMichelleB:

All your answers are here.

https://www.thepregnancytester.com/ 

LMAO. I'm friggin pregnant, its a BOY and the dad is Ralph Nader... great!

Ok, Ok...enough giggles. I know, it was a serious post. I'm sorry.

• imageMrsMichelleB:

Ha! I deserve that.. I know the 'am I pregnant' posts are pretty ridiculous, waiting till Monday has me all sorts of crazy. 

• I think you just need to wait until your next betas to see if they rise or if it's just residual hormones. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatxattack:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

I am pregnant too! Its a 10 pound 10 ounce boy and the father is Michael Jackson!! LOL

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    imagekatxattack:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

I am pregnant too! Its a 10 pound 10 ounce boy and the father is Michael Jackson!! LOL

OH no!!!! Not MJ!!!!

• Oh gosh that is too funny! I am pregnant with another boy and father is Bill Clinton! LMAO
  • I am also PG, w/ a 16 lb. boy and Boss Hogg is the father!  Nice :) 
  • imageWashingtonQueen:
    imagekatxattack:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

Wow!! Me too and its a little boy courtesy of The Pope!

Seriously, I hope that everything is great with you and that you have some anwsers soon!! Just think if you are they will be wonderful playmates/friends!!! : )

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want to know why he said your period should have started by 6 weeks.  Have you been exclusively FFing from the start or something? Even then, everybody is different.
  • imageJelliebean1982:
    I think you just need to wait until your next betas to see if they rise or if it's just residual hormones. 

This.

And regarding the question of whether a pg is viable with a beta of 19 depends on how many dpo you are. Every lady out there with a viable pg had a beta of 19 at some point. Hell, we all had a beta of 1 at some point.

If you are 14dpo with a beta of 19, then it's probably not viable (my RE looks for 70+ at 14dpo). But, if you are only 9dpo, then a beta of 19 is fantastic.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagex0stephanie:
    I want to know why he said your period should have started by 6 weeks.  Have you been exclusively FFing from the start or something? Even then, everybody is different.

That seemed weird to me too. 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 9 weeks post partum and still no period. I breastfed for the first three weeks then, due to DS's food allergies, had to put him on formula. I was told it was normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"