March 2012 Moms

Pregnancy rants and raves - add yours!

I am definitely in that "I just feel fat and not pregnant stage."  If look at my bare belly I think I have started to pop.  But when I have clothes on, especially when I'm sitting, I definitely feel fat.  It is so strange to feel all the changes that come along with this expanding belly.  The other day I got in the car and was trying to figure out why my seatbelt felt so weird and it was because it was touching my belly in a way it never had before.  Exciting and weird. 

I am totally jealous that people who are fewer weeks pregnant than me can already feel their baby.  In my more neurotic moments it makes me worry, but the bigger belly and the still sore boobs make me feel better.  I am eagerly waiting for the flutters to start.

I think the best part of being pregnant so far is not having my period any more.  Love it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pregnancy rants and raves - add yours!

• I'm sick to death of being gassy every day, especially while I'm at work. Believe me there is nothing more uncomfortable than being super gassy after lunch and working in an open concept office!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LOVE: my Crazy Dreams

Hate: My mood swings (and so does every one else :p )

I am so annoyed with everyone asking me how I am feeling or "how's the morning sickness!?" I amsure they have good intentions but I hear it 100 times a day. When  answer I feel great they look surprised, when I answer that I am tired they say "welcome to pregnancy, get use to it" when I tell them I never had any morning sickness they say "Don't worry! It's coming" or "Just wait for it!" ugh people are annoying, and they all say the same thing. The least they could do is be a little creative...i think I feel a mood swing coming on.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Obviously I still can't button my pants, but I fit right in to my pre-preg jeans today with no problem (aside from the waist). This makes me so happy because I feel like I'm getting enormous everywhere.

Biggest rant is that I'm on my second UTI of this pregnancy. I have never been prone to them in my life so I am hating this. The culprit? The relaxing bubble bath I took earlier in the week in the great big awesome bathtub at my mom's house. So I'm on Macrobid until Monday and I feel like I'm getting better, but it's still kind of uncomfortable. Angry

Plus I hate taking any kind of drugs during my pregnancy...even the ones that the doc says are okay.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate that my pregnant self is such a conundrum of emotions/feelings/thoughts. I hate when people treat me differently because I'm pregnant - like not letting me lift groceries, or asking me stupid questions about "are you drinking enough water?" or "have you been remembering to take your vitamins?". But then I also hate when I don't get treated differently because I'm pregnant. People will forget to monitor what they say and sometimes when it's rude or mean it makes me upset/I cry. 

My biggest rant/rave towards other people is that with my ILs I constantly feel like an incubator. They never used to ask how I was before pregnancy, but when MH talks to them on the phone they want to know how I'm feeling, all of my ailments and the babies' milestones. Which, at least they care, but they still don't ask how I'm doing - how the end of school went, etc - only things that are related to the babies. *Sigh* I know it could be much worse. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love: that people say I'm glowing...I may even believe them a little.

Hate: getting up multiple times in the night to pee...and this is just the beginning!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespeckledfrog:

I am definitely in that "I just feel fat and not pregnant stage."  If look at my bare belly I think I have started to pop.  But when I have clothes on, especially when I'm sitting, I definitely feel fat. 

This is exactly me too.

What I'm loving is finally being a part of the massive group of pregnant people that we felt surrounded by when TTC.

My good friend is paper pregnant and baby's due in Feb.

Sil is due in Feb.

Cousin is due a week before me. 

Former co-worker is due same day I am.

And I'm suspicious that another cousin's wife is due in April (his bro slipped up saying he was going to be an uncle.)

I'm loving going through this together with people close to me.

• being gassy when ever I eat meat sucks!!! and I feel fat, I just look thick, I am not bloated I fit in my clothes but I am no longer fit, its depressing, I fear my stretch marks too.  I am completely jealous of people who know what they are having I still have 6 weeks and I am no patient.  Plus I am sick of being worried.  I realize" I will worry when the baby is here" but I wont be running around freaking out about death with every step.
  • My pregnancy was .... unplanned (I'm starting to think this is incredibly common) but when I say this I mean I'm still 21, in college, and seeing how things go with my boyfriend (dad). So when I reveal to people that I am pregnant, I never get a congratulations.... I get drilled with a million questions from "how will you finish to school" to "did your parents flip" !!!!! I am so excited to have this baby and even though I don't know exactly how things will pan out, I'm incredibly responsible and ready for whatever comes my way. A new life is a blessing in every circumstance and I wish people would just bite their lip and say congratulations!!!!! Angry
  • Hate that I still have morning sickness.

Love that I my honey told me that I'm starting to get a bump this week. 

• imagekellymarie68:
    My pregnancy was .... unplanned (I'm starting to think this is incredibly common) but when I say this I mean I'm still 21, in college, and seeing how things go with my boyfriend (dad). So when I reveal to people that I am pregnant, I never get a congratulations.... I get drilled with a million questions from "how will you finish to school" to "did your parents flip" !!!!! I am so excited to have this baby and even though I don't know exactly how things will pan out, I'm incredibly responsible and ready for whatever comes my way. A new life is a blessing in every circumstance and I wish people would just bite their lip and say congratulations!!!!! Angry

I'm 21 too! :) Our situation is a little different because i'm married and I work full time but I still get all the obnoxious stupid questions, lol.

• imagekellymarie68:
    My pregnancy was .... unplanned (I'm starting to think this is incredibly common) but when I say this I mean I'm still 21, in college, and seeing how things go with my boyfriend (dad). So when I reveal to people that I am pregnant, I never get a congratulations.... I get drilled with a million questions from "how will you finish to school" to "did your parents flip" !!!!! I am so excited to have this baby and even though I don't know exactly how things will pan out, I'm incredibly responsible and ready for whatever comes my way. A new life is a blessing in every circumstance and I wish people would just bite their lip and say congratulations!!!!! Angry

This! Almost exactly this.  The only difference being I have a few years on you and am working full time while finishing my degree (only 4 classes left, and they never seem to be offered).  I've honestly only told the essential people.  I plan to let the knowledge spread in it's own time, so that I can hopefully avoid the questions/comments as long as possible. No matter how excited I want to get about this pregnancy, I just feel like I can't because others won't let me.

• This may sound terrible but I love that I now have an excuse when exhausted or being crabby or just need a break. People actually listen to me now when I say, "I just to go rest for a couple minutes and then I'll be fine."

Hate being asked, "you're not sick, are you?" when asked about how I'm feeling. Like somehow m/s is a curse and how dare I actually have it. 4 people, including my sister, have asked me this, exactly this way.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I do work full time as well... I am taking time off school so I can get myself together ---- me and my boyfriend are free spirited and were planning to travel across the country so I severed a lot of ties with work, living situation, etc that I now have to re-tie. I'm basically doing the same thing as you.... I grew up in a very conservative Christian home so telling the church is my biggest fear... my mother and I strategically told the gossipers at church so the news will spread itself! :)
  • imagekellymarie68:

My pregnancy was unplanned, too.  I'm pushing 30 though, so most people I know are very excited for me.  (It's funny how people treat you different when you're older.  Especially since I've been saying forever that I didn't want kids.)  Now my boyfriend is a whole different story.  He gets a lot of "oh... congratulations?"  That makes me sad.  Especially since he still has mixed feelings about the pregnancy.

I'm super excited for you though, Kelly!  Congratulations!!

• I hate that there is a younger pregnant girl working with my hubby who has no symptoms to complain of (I seem to have 'em all) is tall (I'm short), willowy and blonde (curvy brunette here).

I don't usually play the one up game b/c normally I feel pretty good about myself. But I am not digging the curvier me. Plus if I were hubby I would definitely be comparing us! Now how in the heck and I going to get DH to believe that I'm not a big/fat lazy wussy pants when he is at work with a glamazon who can still work her tail off and is not showing one bit?!

What I love though, is that he keeps telling me its all in my belly, keeps manhandling me at every turn and when I gasped at glamzon's description he said "she's a month behind you, she'll catch up." Very smooth that one.

• I guess the only rant I have, is that I dont have any rants. Im still pretty early in my pregnancy, so its not noticable that Im preggers, plus my last pregnancy ended in a m/c, so Ive only told family and select friends.

I just want a nice, big bump and to feel the baby kick. I wish people treated me differently because I was pregnant. I wish I had some acknowledgment from the outside world that I was pregnant, but now, Im just in that in between phase. I guess thats weird? I know with pregnancy, you get aches and pains and unsolicited advice, etc. from people, but Im ready to take the good with the bad.

Missed m/c at 11.5wks, baby stopped developing at 9wks, D & C 12/10 ; BFP 6/11 EDD 3/16/11, DS born 40w1d at 6lbs 12 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagereneenearl:

I am so annoyed with everyone asking me how I am feeling or "how's the morning sickness!?" I amsure they have good intentions but I hear it 100 times a day. When  answer I feel great they look surprised, when I answer that I am tired they say "welcome to pregnancy, get use to it" when I tell them I never had any morning sickness they say "Don't worry! It's coming" or "Just wait for it!" ugh people are annoying, and they all say the same thing. The least they could do is be a little creative...i think I feel a mood swing coming on.

THIS! So tired of being asked. I am more than just a pregnant lady.

• My rant is that I'm sick of being sick.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Rants? I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! I stopped BF a couple of weeks ago, so the "girls" are looking pretty sad (deflated water balloons Crying). I keep hoping that the titty fairy will show up, and they will look good again (or at least, better than they do now). Another rant, is I'm tired of people commenting on what I'm eating/drinking and how much. None of your business!
  • I'm tired of people complaining about gaining five pounds.  Seriously?!  I would love to have only gained five pounds in the first trimester in either of my pregnancies.  Mostly though I hate when others act like weight gain must be because of food choices.  I know incredibly healthy women who have gained 80ish pounds in pregnancy and lost it immediately.  I know that I naturally gain more as well.  And I have embraced the fact that this time I know I will look HUGE (with my son I didn't look pregnant until the last month).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"