October 2011 Moms

UO Thursday

nobody posted this yet? I am thnking

Re: UO Thursday

• not baby related

I hate people that talk on speaker phone on their cell phone in public.  I know I dont have to listen, but normally - they are yelling so I cant miss them & it is very distracting. 

I would also hate to be on the other end of a speaker phone conversation on a busy street or in the middle of the grocery store. 

• I think all the people who are in the early part of the 30 week set who are talking about walking and things to "speed things up" or who are excited things are "progressing" are awful. Your baby will come when it should, please stop trying to hurry it along or wanting to be about to go into labor before you should.

And I am not referring to the "I can't wait for it to be my due date" type people, I do see the difference.

• Loading the player...
  • imagerkto:

not baby related

I hate people that talk on speaker phone on their cell phone in public.  I know I dont have to listen, but normally - they are yelling so I cant miss them & it is very distracting. 

I would also hate to be on the other end of a speaker phone conversation on a busy street or in the middle of the grocery store. 

On a similar note, I hate when you sit down for a quiet cup of coffee/tea/ect and to read the paper and there are 30 open tables and someone has to take the table RIGHT NEXT TO YOU and either talk loudly on their phones or with eachother...there is something wrong with one of the other 29 open tables that aren't obnoxiously close to me?

My U/O of the week though is...I hate when families argue over an estate. I think its trashy like you are trying to profit from your loved ones death. My DH lost his grandpa and I lost my grandma this summer, neither had wills. Grandma's estate is almost settled but DH's family is arguing over pennies---I get that you want things to be split equally but you shouldn't be looking for a winfall because your loved one died--and I'm sure that they don't lovingly look down on you behaving this way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I despise how critical people are when I say "Yes, I am going to continue working after baby is born".  No, I do not have the luxury of being a FTM, glad you do and GL with that. Yes, my husband is a kick ass Dad and will be an AWESOME SAHD.  No he is not less of a man for it, he is retired military and has more than served his family ((and yours)).  This does not mean I love my baby less.  I have a child to put in college in three years and I can ((very comfortably)) retire in seven years.  Which means that she will have TWO retired parents.  Who will be at home with her every day. 

So I may not stay at home now...but I will definately be able to eventually with some serious $$ banked.  Money may not make the world go round but you still have to pay the bills. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenorvelln:

I despise how critical people are when I say "Yes, I am going to continue working after baby is born".  No, I do not have the luxury of being a FTM, glad you do and GL with that. Yes, my husband is a kick ass Dad and will be an AWESOME SAHD.  No he is not less of a man for it, he is retired military and has more than served his family ((and yours)).  This does not mean I love my baby less.  I have a child to put in college in three years and I can ((very comfortably)) retire in seven years.  Which means that she will have TWO retired parents.  Who will be at home with her every day. 

So I may not stay at home now...but I will definately be able to eventually with some serious $$ banked.  Money may not make the world go round but you still have to pay the bills. 

As someone who has mostly been a SAHM/ only worked a few hours a week I am pretty jealous of this.

• imagecantalopes24:

I think all the people who are in the early part of the 30 week set who are talking about walking and things to "speed things up" or who are excited things are "progressing" are awful. Your baby will come when it should, please stop trying to hurry it along or wanting to be about to go into labor before you should.

And I am not referring to the "I can't wait for it to be my due date" type people, I do see the difference.

I wish people would stop harping on this. I am excited for whenever my son wants to come, be it tomorrow or 6 weeks from now. Yes, if he came early it would also be scary but I'm not going to live in fear, I'm going to live in excitement. Any progress is exciting for me because it gets me closer to my baby. There is nothing wrong with enjoying sex, walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, or nursing my daughter because it also helps prepare my body for labor. None of this makes me "awful" or "wishing for a preemie" (like was mentioned last week) unless I am at risk for PTL. I am in the home stretch of a happy, healthy, normal pregnancy and short of crochet hooking my cervix I doubt I can push myself into early labor unless my body is already ripe for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepearblossom:
    imagecantalopes24:

I think all the people who are in the early part of the 30 week set who are talking about walking and things to "speed things up" or who are excited things are "progressing" are awful. Your baby will come when it should, please stop trying to hurry it along or wanting to be about to go into labor before you should.

I wish people would stop harping on this. I am excited for whenever my son wants to come, be it tomorrow or 6 weeks from now. Yes, if he came early it would also be scary but I'm not going to live in fear, I'm going to live in excitement. Any progress is exciting for me because it gets me closer to my baby. There is nothing wrong with enjoying sex, walking, bouncing on my exercise ball, or nursing my daughter because it also helps prepare my body for labor. None of this makes me "awful" or "wishing for a preemie" (like was mentioned last week) unless I am at risk for PTL. I am in the home stretch of a happy, healthy, normal pregnancy and short of crochet hooking my cervix I doubt I can push myself into early labor unless my body is already ripe for it.

Thats fine but there are people posting things like "My doctor is pulling me from work and wants me to rest but I'm going to walk a lot to try to speed things up". That to me is awful.

• 1) I find the recent influx of "newbies" incredibly annoying. Especially when they post about how mean we are on this board.  Those of us who have been on this board since Jan/Feb know that it's actually a pretty good group of ladies.  Are there fights?  Sure, but it's generally over a difference of opinion and I haven't really seen anything terrible happen on here in the 9 months that I've been on. 

2) I stop reading posts that don't use punctuation or somewhat proper grammar.  I do not understand how people can post like that and expect to be understood or respected.  I'm not talking about an occasional spelling mistake or a quickly written post that lacks great sentence structure.  I'm talking NO caps, no periods, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesaffie2011:

1) I find the recent influx of "newbies" incredibly annoying. Especially when they post about how mean we are on this board.  Those of us who have been on this board since Jan/Feb know that it's actually a pretty good group of ladies.  Are there fights?  Sure, but it's generally over a difference of opinion and I haven't really seen anything terrible happen on here in the 9 months that I've been on. 

2) I stop reading posts that don't use punctuation or somewhat proper grammar.  I do not understand how people can post like that and expect to be understood or respected.  I'm not talking about an occasional spelling mistake or a quickly written post that lacks great sentence structure.  I'm talking NO caps, no periods, etc. 

I generally hate it when anyone calls anyone mean on these boards. Either suck it up or pack up your toys and go home. No one is making you be here.

I am way too judgmental about grammar and punctuation. And I hold grudges. Using the wrong form of their or using an apostrophe in a plural word colors the way I view people's posts/input forever after. Yes, there are accidents now and then but it's pretty easy to tell who has a good grasp on their writing skills.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This pregnant lady may lose it if one more veteran parent says "Sleep now! You won't later" I demand an explanation as to HOW. I have been a fabulous sleeper my entire life but now between my hip pain, back pain, pubic pain and need to pee every two hours, I am in a constant state of sleep deprivation. I may as well already have my outside baby!
  • imagepearblossom:

I am way too judgmental about grammar and punctuation. And I hold grudges. Using the wrong form of their or using an apostrophe in a plural word colors the way I view people's posts/input forever after. Yes, there are accidents now and then but it's pretty easy to tell who has a good grasp on their writing skills.

If you Facebook, have you looked into "I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar?"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesaffie2011:

1) I find the recent influx of "newbies" incredibly annoying. Especially when they post about how mean we are on this board.  Those of us who have been on this board since Jan/Feb know that it's actually a pretty good group of ladies.  Are there fights?  Sure, but it's generally over a difference of opinion and I haven't really seen anything terrible happen on here in the 9 months that I've been on. 

This! We are usually pretty P&R around here except for a few heated debates that have went down. I think some ladies are way too sensitive and don't know how to take a joke. I LOVE it when HappyAardvark posts on something because not only is she brutally honest, she cracks me up and some of the ladies that randomly show up on here and post need some brutal honesty. Mentioning HA, wasn't she supposed to have her baby this week, anyone heard anything from her? 

• imageMrsClark8109:

My U/O of the week though is...I hate when families argue over an estate. I think its trashy like you are trying to profit from your loved ones death. My DH lost his grandpa and I lost my grandma this summer, neither had wills. Grandma's estate is almost settled but DH's family is arguing over pennies---I get that you want things to be split equally but you shouldn't be looking for a winfall because your loved one died--and I'm sure that they don't lovingly look down on you behaving this way.

I agree it is so sad when this happens! I am more interested in grieving the loss of my loved one then who gets what. Everytime there has been a death in my extended family people have stopped talking to each other. 2 of my aunts still don't speak and it has been 4 years since my Grandpa died

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure if this qualifies as UO, but I don't like when family or friends tell me I better be ready to "share" my baby. MIL told me I better enjoy these next few weeks or days because when LO gets here, I will have to share. I told DH last night, I am not sure how I will handle that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagealison2379:
    This pregnant lady may lose it if one more veteran parent says "Sleep now! You won't later" I demand an explanation as to HOW. I have been a fabulous sleeper my entire life but now between my hip pain, back pain, pubic pain and need to pee every two hours, I am in a constant state of sleep deprivation. I may as well already have my outside baby!

As a veteran parent I can tell you it is possible to get sleep with a baby.   I had no problem, we did co sleep though.  I'm looking forward to sleeping better after baby is here.  Unisom is the only way I get sleep these days.(Which I'll not take after LO arrives)  Plus I won't have to get up at 4:00 for work for 12 weeks!

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Today I pretty much agree with everything today!

Mine is along the line of those trying to 'speed it up'. I am not talking about ladies who have medical conditions that are making it safer for babies to come early, or that are just stating they are uncomfortable, but not actively searching for ways to make delivery happen!

I can't imagine being 36 weeks and selfishly stating that you want your outside baby b/c you are uncomfortable! Parenting is going to be a lot of sacrifices of yourself and your time b/c your child should be a priority in life! Why are you not looking at pregnancy the same way?!? Your baby will come when s/he is ready to come! I know a lot of the moms who had to deliver early would trade places with you in a heartbeat to still have their babies on the inside cooking away!

• imageMrsClark8109:
    imagerkto:

not baby related

On a similar note, I hate when you sit down for a quiet cup of coffee/tea/ect and to read the paper and there are 30 open tables and someone has to take the table RIGHT NEXT TO YOU and either talk loudly on their phones or with eachother...there is something wrong with one of the other 29 open tables that aren't obnoxiously close to me?

On this note, I know it is the end of beach season up here, but I hate when you are one of three people on a huge empty beach and another group of people put their stuff down right next to you! 

I also hate when people have an entire empty beach, but have to throw a football right next to where you are sitting. Even worse when these people cannot throw or catch to save their lives. Move away from other people if the beach is empty!

These were on my mind since it happened to me last weekend...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Im so sick of reading posts about how much pain someone is in because baby is SO low.  Of course baby is low, of course it is painful...we are ALL experiencing discomfort in one way or another.  Im sure that there are some people who legitimately do have it worse than others, but for the most part....this is late pregnancy people! Its just how it is!
  • I hate it when some people think their kids are cute but they are really just annoying to everyone else.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I like visitors after the baby comes, and I like their help (especially since I'm having a repeat c/s).  I don't understand why so many on TB think visitors and help are so awful. . . 
  • imagepennysuedog:

imagealison2379:
    This pregnant lady may lose it if one more veteran parent says "Sleep now! You won't later" I demand an explanation as to HOW. I have been a fabulous sleeper my entire life but now between my hip pain, back pain, pubic pain and need to pee every two hours, I am in a constant state of sleep deprivation. I may as well already have my outside baby!

As a veteran parent I can tell you it is possible to get sleep with a baby.   I had no problem, we did co sleep though.  I'm looking forward to sleeping better after baby is here.  Unisom is the only way I get sleep these days.(Which I'll not take after LO arrives)  Plus I won't have to get up at 4:00 for work for 12 weeks!

Yes

• I guess I am unpopular. 

I want my baby to stay in there as long as possible.  I dont feel ready at all. 

• imagenorvelln:

I despise how critical people are when I say "Yes, I am going to continue working after baby is born".  No, I do not have the luxury of being a FTM, glad you do and GL with that. Yes, my husband is a kick ass Dad and will be an AWESOME SAHD.  No he is not less of a man for it, he is retired military and has more than served his family ((and yours)).  This does not mean I love my baby less.  I have a child to put in college in three years and I can ((very comfortably)) retire in seven years.  Which means that she will have TWO retired parents.  Who will be at home with her every day. 

Thank you for all you and your family gave up to have your DH serve our country!!  I am also jealous that you will both be retired and how wonderful for your new baby! Congratulations!!

• imagerkto:

not baby related

Mine is the other end of cell phone etiquette.  It really bothers me when people are ALWAYS on their cell phones.  When we have dinner with my brother, he has his phone sitting right there beside him.  He will text and check emails constantly, and I find it so rude that he can't put his phone down for 30 minutes.  But I see this with so many people when we were out.  A group of people will be at a restaurant, and at least 1 or 2 of them will be on their phones doing something.  Whatever happened to spending time and actually talking to people face to face?  Don't get me wrong, I use my phone, check email and text, but not when I am spending time with friends or family.  

• imagerkto:

I guess I am unpopular. 

This Yes

• imagerkto:

I guess I am unpopular. 

I feel the same way. Yeah, I'm uncomfortable, but that goes with the territory and I can deal with it. As much as I can't wait to see my baby, I still feel overwhelmed with preparations for his arrival, and need more time. I'm also trying to savor every baby free moment I have left, cause I will never have that again.
  • imageMereB:
    I like visitors after the baby comes, and I like their help (especially since I'm having a repeat c/s).  I don't understand why so many on TB think visitors and help are so awful. . . 

Yes thank you, thank you! 

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

• My U/O is that it annoys me that most of these posts are not actually U/O.  Most of them are very popular opinions, or how people "should" feel.

It's like saying "My U/O is that I hate when it's raining and that I think it should be sunny every day".  To me, that's not a very unpoular opinion...

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

• imagesbrowarny:
    I find the people who think they own these boards just cause they have been on here longer are annoying.  I don't post about how mean people are, etc and I have just as a right to be on here as you.

I find this hilarious. Comments like, "I've been on the Knot/Nest/Bump for x# of years so I know more than you" are hilarious.  Maybe they want a medal for spending most of their free time on the internet?  

My UO: I'm so sick and tired of people wishing me pregnancy discomfort.  I'm 35 weeks and still feeling great. I have zero symptoms, go to the gym several times a week and truly do not feel any discomfort.  The, "Oh you just wait, that just means your delivery will be hell" comments are ridiculous. Not everyone suffers through pregnancy.  Sorry if I'm not as miserable as you. The last person to say this is due a week after me and she'd be ecstatic if I started feeling like crap.  It's almost like those with the worst symptoms win some kind of pregnancy award.  I've actually been told that I haven't truly experienced pregnancy because I had none of the typical symptoms. 

• imagePitaBread:

imagesbrowarny:
    I find the people who think they own these boards just cause they have been on here longer are annoying.  I don't post about how mean people are, etc and I have just as a right to be on here as you.

I find this hilarious. Comments like, "I've been on the Knot/Nest/Bump for x# of years so I know more than you" are hilarious.  Maybe they want a medal for spending most of their free time on the internet?  

I want a medal! To be fair, I don't really spend much free time on the the Nest...i spend my work time ha ha

• imagepearblossom:
    imagesaffie2011:

I generally hate it when anyone calls anyone mean on these boards. Either suck it up or pack up your toys and go home. No one is making you be here.

I agree.  If I see a post that has no structure or is written like a text message (u, r, etc.) I automatically judge that person and view whatever problem they are having as their own fault for being so stupid. 

I am tired of people (my mother) saying that I am overreacting about being prepared for LO's arrival or that some of my choices are overly cautious and ridiculous.  For example, DH and I are both getting the DTAP and Flu vaccine but apparently this is overly cautious and a waste of money.  She is also still annoyed that I will not use my old crib from 25 years ago or a crib bumper because "everybody used them and we are all just fine today."  Yes, obviously I am still alive but that doesn't mean that I can't take advantage of the new information available to me when making my decisions for my own child.  I just don't understand the belief that we should settle for what was done/used in the past because it was good enough to get the job done then when we know better now.  I know this isn't really an unpopular opinion but she has been driving me nuts lately and I want to get it out somewhere.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNickyCicc20:

imageMereB:
    I like visitors after the baby comes, and I like their help (especially since I'm having a repeat c/s).  I don't understand why so many on TB think visitors and help are so awful. . . 

I think it depends on the visitors... not all visitors = help. Some visitors sit there and hold the baby while they expect you to prepare them lunch and such, that is not helpful!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagerkto:

I guess I am unpopular. 

Me, too. I was thrilled at my 36 week appointment yesterday when I was told I am only 1 cm and not effaced at all. That's good news for me. I want her to stay in there as long as possible.

• imagejwls84:
    imageNickyCicc20:

imageMereB:

I think it depends on the visitors... not all visitors = help. Some visitors sit there and hold the baby while they expect you to prepare them lunch and such, that is not helpful!

I guess I don't get what the visitors help with. I am breast feeding so they can't help me feed the baby. DH can cook, clean, run errands and pretty much do everything (but then agan he will be home with me for 3 months, if this was not the case that is a different story).

• imagekarinothing:
    imagejwls84:
    imageNickyCicc20:

imageMereB:

I guess I don't get what the visitors help with. I am breast feeding so they can't help me feed the baby. DH can cook, clean, run errands and pretty much do everything (but then agan he will be home with me for 3 months, if this was not the case that is a different story).

I totally get this. My IL's are only coming for a week after the baby is born and they have already stated that they will be helping with my older two kiddos when they are not in school. I think this is an awesome offer! However, if they were the type to only want to come and hold the baby while I cook/clean, I don't think I would enjoy that very much.

• imagePappsMcgee:
    I thought I would have more of a connection to the bmb like I have my other boards, and for some reason I just don't, and I'm ok with it Embarrassed There are a good few that I have 'known' from other boards that I look forward to seeing/hearing from though 

I feel the same way. I thought I would be on my BMB every single day. But I only check in once a week or so, because I don't really connect with it as much as I do my side boards.

EDIT: I guess I should add my UO... bahah,

It really annoys me when people (mostly IRL) tell me everything is going to be fine, I only have 2 more weeks left blah blah blah, when I wasn't complaining. It is probably just my hormones making me annoyed, but I am not complaining about discomfort or pain, And I know everything is going to be fine. One of my mom's friends IMed me on FB, and is asking how everything is going. I say good. She asks how much longer I tell her two weeks, that he has an eviction date. She says ohhh no, let him bake a little longer. Uhm no. We are being induced for medical reasons, which she knows of. She was like wow you really have a game plan don't you? Well my son has a heart condition, so yes a plan is in place. Again, probably just the hormones. Hahah. I was not as rude as I currently sound, I promise. ;] Just one of those tiny things that irk me.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagethelastingers:

imagePappsMcgee:
    I thought I would have more of a connection to the bmb like I have my other boards, and for some reason I just don't, and I'm ok with it Embarrassed There are a good few that I have 'known' from other boards that I look forward to seeing/hearing from though 

I feel the same way. I thought I would be on my BMB every single day. But I only check in once a week or so, because I don't really connect with it as much as I do my side boards.

I am the same way.  I think it's because (as dumb as this sounds) it's all pregnancy/baby all the time. haha. Most of the time I would rather talk/ read about something else! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have another one, I am tired of people telling me I will never make it to my due date.  Everytime my FIL sees me he says "you will never make it" or "there is no way you are going to last until October 23rd" or the worst one of all, "I hope you don't make it until October 23rd."  I really have to keep myself from asking him what medical evidence his conclusion is based on and thank him for wishing my baby is born premature.  It probably doesn't help that as a human being he grates on my nerves anyway but these comments just about push me over the edge. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNickyCicc20:

My U/O is that it annoys me that most of these posts are not actually U/O.  Most of them are very popular opinions, or how people "should" feel.

It's like saying "My U/O is that I hate when it's raining and that I think it should be sunny every day".  To me, that's not a very unpoular opinion...

Where were you the time that I said I didn't like the "Women's Liberation" movement! Lol

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagePitaBread:

imagesbrowarny:

My UO: I'm so sick and tired of people wishing me pregnancy discomfort.  I'm 35 weeks and still feeling great. I have zero symptoms, go to the gym several times a week and truly do not feel any discomfort.  The, "Oh you just wait, that just means your delivery will be hell" comments are ridiculous. Not everyone suffers through pregnancy.  Sorry if I'm not as miserable as you. The last person to say this is due a week after me and she'd be ecstatic if I started feeling like crap.  It's almost like those with the worst symptoms win some kind of pregnancy award.  I've actually been told that I haven't truly experienced pregnancy because I had none of the typical symptoms. 

Thank you!  People expect me to be miserable.  "Oh I bet you can't wait for him to be out"....No, I can wait, thank you.  I feel good.  I sleep good.  Of course, there are some discomforts, but, people are always soooo surprised when I tell them I am feeling good!  Wtf?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"