Baby Names

Baby Boy Names

My husband and I have been trying to agree on a boy's name for ages, only being able to find one name that we both adore. Jack. However, We wanted Daniel to be his middle name as it is for a very dear friend who recently passed away. Both names are strong and great on their own. Nonetheless I can't get past the reference to whiskey. Is the name really as awful as I think that it is, or will he go through life unscathed?
If in fact it is as obnoxious as I feel that it is, would taking the D from Daniel and finding a different name instead still do our friend the justice I want, or should we scrap Jack and start from scratch to find a new first name to keep Daniel?

Thanks! 

Re: Baby Boy Names

• We had this same issue when coming up with names.

We loved Jack and my husband's middle name is Daniel, but we thought it would just be too much to name him Jack Daniel (my husband liked the idea of it, but he also asked me if we could name our child Bret Favre, so I just rolled my eyes at him).

To be honest, people will probably comment on it, but if you love it go for it. You won't use his middle name much anyway, and those are both great names.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It's too much.  We are using Daniel as a MN for this baby and Jack was immediately taken off the list. I love it though :(
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Loading the player...
  • is too much, I wouldn't use it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Personally, I wouldn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me either.. my bf wants to name our son "Miller" after the welders but I vetoed it because all I think of is beer. :/
  • I think I would always think of the whiskey.  I would pick with name means the most to you to keep, Jack or Daniel and keep that one.  You could always take the letters from Daniel and try to make another name... maybe Dane or Dale. 

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"