Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

what is your routine for nursing and feeding

sorry I'm posting so much today, LO is letting me have both hands for little increments and I am using it to get advice from you all!

Right now, we change diapers then nurse, since changing diapers riles him up a bit and nursing calms him down.  Same with baths and things like tummy time, we would do the thing that fires him up then nurse.  What routine do you use that seems to work well?

William Henry born August 26, 2011, 7lbs 9oz 20 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what is your routine for nursing and feeding

• Options

When LO wakes from a nap, I change her diaper then nurse her.  Then we have "play time" which is anything from tummy time to singing to a photo shoot!  Then 1.5 hours after she woke up, she goes back into her crib to sleep.

After her last nap of the day, she eats then we play a little.  Then she gets her bath, then she nurses again.  Then goes into her crib.  For that, we keep her up for 2 hours so she is extra tired and ready to sleep all night.

Hope all that makes sense! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always feed DD before a diaper change because I find that she tolerates her diaper change better when she has a full belly.  After that we play, then repeat the whole thing until 7-8pm.  Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i loosely follow the EASY routine (eat, activity, sleep, you) and now i always change diapers before feedings but in the first several weeks i waited until after b/c feeding often led to explosive pooping :) 
  • Options

ok i have zero schedule... is that terrible? We get up usually around 7, we play in bed and talk. i see if he's hungry, he usually has a snack and is then done pretty quickly. by 8 or so, I'm in the shower and LO is in his chair in the bathroom. by 9 he is dressed, my bed is made, i've brought him downstairs and i've had a quick breakfast while he talks to me in his chair. by 10 he gets actually hungry and will have an ok size meal. then he goes to sleep for a little while... after that it's just eating, sleeping and playing when he feels like any of the 3.

we kinda do the same thing every night after dinner. we'll usually try to take a bath around 9, head upstairs around 10 and i'll offer him milk to get a full belly (hopefully) before bed. he'll fall asleep around 11 hopefully and sleeps until 3 or 3:30. he'll eat a good amount at that point, and if i'm lucky he'll go back to sleep by 4. but some nights its 5 before he goes back down. then he'll give me another 2 hour nap before he's up again for the day.

so i guess we have a sorta schedule, but once we are downstairs for the day i just do what he's in the mood for. maybe i'm shooting myself in the foot here... am i? i am not going back to work so i dont feel the need for him to "need" a schedule

• Options
    imagemagpiebride61210:

ok i have zero schedule... is that terrible? We get up usually around 7, we play in bed and talk. i see if he's hungry, he usually has a snack and is then done pretty quickly. by 8 or so, I'm in the shower and LO is in his chair in the bathroom. by 9 he is dressed, my bed is made, i've brought him downstairs and i've had a quick breakfast while he talks to me in his chair. by 10 he gets actually hungry and will have an ok size meal. then he goes to sleep for a little while... after that it's just eating, sleeping and playing when he feels like any of the 3.

we kinda do the same thing every night after dinner. we'll usually try to take a bath around 9, head upstairs around 10 and i'll offer him milk to get a full belly (hopefully) before bed. he'll fall asleep around 11 hopefully and sleeps until 3 or 3:30. he'll eat a good amount at that point, and if i'm lucky he'll go back to sleep by 4. but some nights its 5 before he goes back down. then he'll give me another 2 hour nap before he's up again for the day.

so i guess we have a sorta schedule, but once we are downstairs for the day i just do what he's in the mood for. maybe i'm shooting myself in the foot here... am i? i am not going back to work so i dont feel the need for him to "need" a schedule

Your son is 1 month and you actually get daily showers and breakfast? I'm up for an hour or so before I get the slightest moment to feed myself and I haven't taken a shower in days haha LUCKY!

I do the same thing though, we don't really have a schedule. And no matter how hard I try, I can't get us to bed before midnight..usually 1am and we usually sleep til 9 with 2 night feedings. Besides that I'm at her beck and call. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"