Babies: 0 - 3 Months

ughhh DH question

How long will your DH wait before he picks up crying (not fussing) LO?  My DH seriously irritates me when DS is sitting in the crib really crying and he just waits and waits and waits and then when I say "Ok babe, I'll get him." (even though I do every night time feed and his alarm already went off), THEN he tries to get up quicker than me and says "I was getting up."

um no you definitely were laying there facing the wall and ignoring this poor crying child. ughhhh so irritating! I guess this was more of a vent than a question lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ughhh DH question

• DH lets LO cry longer than I do. Sometimes he will be sitting right next to LO and takes, whats seems to me, forever to respond to LO's cry. Im sure LO's will be fine though, a little cry didn't hurt anybody. Its just annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH is the same way. He waits until LO is almost screaming and then gets up. I always tell him to get him before that otherwise LO gets too awake and is harder to get back to sleep. Ugh I hate hearing LO crying so I am usually the one to get up and get him.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am glad my DH is not the only one...I swear the motion of me getting up must motivate him to realize I mean business!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Mine does the same thing. What is it with them? Is the episode of Family Guy really more important? Even though to pay extra to be able to pause TV? I think men just don't have the same sense of urgency we do. Silly boys. 
  • IF my husband gets up! He usually just looks at me or says "Are you going to feed her?" 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank goodness, it's not just me!  It is the most aggravating thing he does.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegwenathan:
    IF my husband gets up! He usually just looks at me or says "Are you going to feed her?" 

I do all the feedings since I'm BF, but otherwise I'm in the same boat..if DH gets up...  If we're all in the living room and LO is on the playmat or in the swing and he starts crying, 9 out of 10 times it's me responding to him.  DH can get up and comfort the baby, too, but he usually doesn't.  He thinks (I assume) that anytime the baby cries he's hungry so he lets me get him most of the time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageawisern:

imagegwenathan:
    IF my husband gets up! He usually just looks at me or says "Are you going to feed her?" 

I do all the feedings since I'm BF, but otherwise I'm in the same boat..if DH gets up...  If we're all in the living room and LO is on the playmat or in the swing and he starts crying, 9 out of 10 times it's me responding to him.  DH can get up and comfort the baby, too, but he usually doesn't.  He thinks (I assume) that anytime the baby cries he's hungry so he lets me get him most of the time.

OMG I know, I had to help my mom move this saturday and left LO with DH, he fed him 3 times in 5 hours. Im like why that often, he goes " cause he was crying"..DH is a good daddy, he wakes up at night when LO cries, but during the day he has to idea what routine we have:)..

• I got sick of giving subtle hints and side-eyes.  I just tell DH, "It's your turn, she's just ate."  He usually gets the picture pretty quickly!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think we're married to the same man! DD is 18 months now and he still does it with her, wish I could say it gets better!
  • Sometimes he is awesome and gets up and feeds her as long as I make the bottle (his horrible excuse is that he hates the drop in bottles and doesn't want to make it lol) but most of the time he will let her cry and listen to me telling him to get up and it's his turn... then when I get up... "I WAS DOING IT." Well, you weren't, so I am going to, but thanks.

He thinks I run to her too fast when she's crying. If she's crying because she's hungry, DUH I hurry up and get a bottle

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Ugh! I know!  This drives me up an F'ing wall!!!!  Sometimes a loud obnoxious sigh will do the trick.  If I'm pumping and ask DH to play with B or keep him occupied or if he's taking a nap and wakes up, it seems like it takes him 10 minutes to even get his ass up, then he stands over B for another 10 minutes!  No ass munch, the baby will not get up and jump into your arms.  You physically need to bend over, stretch your arms out and lift the baby up! 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"