Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bathing! How often?

I have a 2 month old son and I got him on a routine of feeding him then bathing him and the swaddling and bed well i have heard that bathing a newborn everyday can dry their skin out. I havent really seen his skin dry out I also always lotion him after his bath and in the morning when i change him out of his night clothes. Is it really a big deal if you bath a newborn everynight?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bathing! How often?

• We bathe them every other night.  Our pediatrician said that every night wasn't necessary, at least when they're very young.  As they get older though, we will make it our nightly routine.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was bathing every night but using soap every other night. I just started bathing him everyday with soap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So at what age should i use the soap every night then? Cause he loves his baths and he falls asleep and sleeps so good after his baths
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If your lo doesn't have dry/sensitive skin you could start now. I also lotion him up after every bath.
  • We bathe her twice a week. We could probably do 3x, but personally I don't see a need to do it more often than that. She does get her face, neck, butt, and hands wiped day every day though at least once (obviously her butt every diaper change, lol).

• I've heard mixed things about whether or not it's "okay" or "recommended" to bathe every night, but from the very beginning a bath was part of our bedtime routine. My LO has quite a bit of hair and it gets greasy from sweating or just her daily activities. So we use soap every night. I lotion nightly after the bath as well and have yet to see signs of dry skin.
    Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We bathe E twice a week and spot clean as needed :) We also never put lotion on her as it apparently stops the skin moisturizing itself! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • With my children I hav always gave a bath everynight so they get used to it. we use soap.every other night and lotion everynight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAshNichole23:
    I've heard mixed things about whether or not it's "okay" or "recommended" to bathe every night, but from the very beginning a bath was part of our bedtime routine. My LO has quite a bit of hair and it gets greasy from sweating or just her daily activities. So we use soap every night. I lotion nightly after the bath as well and have yet to see signs of dry skin.
    This exactly. It's part of her routine Daddy gives her a bath. Without one her hair looks gross. Haha!
  • imageCactusGirl:
    We bathe her twice a week. We could probably do 3x, but personally I don't see a need to do it more often than that. She does get her face, neck, butt, and hands wiped day every day though at least once (obviously her butt every diaper change, lol).

This

• We also give him a bath every night. And we use soap every night, I just make sure I lotion him up real good. I haven't seen any dry skin on him. I know bathing them every night is not necessary at this point, but we love our baths, its part of our bedtime routine and its our quality family time. LO loves it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're only giving our LO a bath once a week.  She HATES baths.  It is like we are bathing her in acid and ripping her insides out all at once.  We've even tried to have her take a bath with me.  I wash her face/neck daily and keep her bum nice and clean.  The midwife and pedi said it is fine to only go once a week since she hates it so much.
    www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD gets a bath every other night, unless she had really bad reflux on the inbetween day. Some days the spit up is worse than others LOL But we still do the routine as if she were going to get a bath, change diaper, wash face, jammies, bottle, and bed. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"