Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Wow - guess I was right

I was flamed to death over being the first person to call out a certain bumpie over her dog attack. I felt something was way off and I felt pretty sure no rational person would keep a dog that had "mauled" their child.

I was also attacked for sharing my story about a dog we rescued from a dog fighting ring. We kept him for 5 years, even after we were told from at least 50 trainers he should be put down. Keeping him severly altered our lives. We had to put off having children, spend thousands of dollars reinforcing our yard and home and were never able to have guests over. Very little when you realize we loved him and wanted to give him something of a life.

This was a dog that had to wear a cage muzzle 100% of the time (like Hannibal Lector). He was 150 lbs when he was sick with cancer towards the end of his life. At his prime he was 200 lbs plus. When I got pregnant by accident the choice was abort the baby and maybe let Kai live another year or put him down and keep the baby. Even when sick he was not able to be around anyone (ie, we would still actually eat through walls) and I was not going to take the chance.

I was flamed for chossing my baby over my dog. I am still heartsick over putting him down but I know I made the right choice. Maybe I didn't express myself well but I really was shocked that not everyone was thinking the choice that bumpie made by keeping the dog in the house was crazy and irresponsible. Now I hear she is most likely just plain crazy. What type of person makes up a story like that? Sick, and I worry about what type of mother would fantasize online about horrific injuries to her child?

My gut was right. That is all.

Oh and I used to post under mrsolsen2000 but deleted my account when this all happened because I was finished with the bump lol! I really like this site but all this crazy made up stuff makes my head spin!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow - guess I was right

• I would probably flame you for thinking there was a choice involved. 

Aborting a baby over keeping a dog for another year?  How is that a debatable "choice"?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And my gut happened to be wrong. I'm not going to apologize for defending someone that I thought was being attacked. That is just how I am, too trusting I guess. Plus, people will get flamed all the time here for everything, anything. Either you can ignore it and be a part of the site or not.

This to shall pass.

Married: 06/2008 -- TTC#1: 10/2008 - 9/2009 - MC Cycle 4: 6wks - BFP 9/10/2009 - DD: 05/2010 
    TFAS: 09/2011 job changes so we stopped 12/2011 -- TFAS again: 10/3/2014 - IUD Removal
    BFP 12/19/2014 - EDD 8/27/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • "When I got pregnant by accident the choice was abort the baby and maybe let Kai live another year or put him down and keep the baby."

um aborting a baby to save a dog was an OPTION to you??? Ok i'm getting the hell out of this post...

• I've been trying to stay away from all those posts on purpose, but I must just say...

You got flamed for choosing your baby over a dog? Somehow THAT makes me think this post is full of BS.

If you really did consider ending your baby's life in order to keep a dying dog for 1 more year, consider yourself cyber slapped.

• imageFrench+75:

I would probably flame you for thinking there was a choice involved. 

Aborting a baby over keeping a dog for another year?  How is that a debatable "choice"?

It was a choice but one I would never have had a issue making. Of course there is no way I would choose a dog over a baby. But I got flamed to death for explaining why I had to put the dog down and yes, people from the pets board said I was evil (and some very fun names like filthy etc etc) for not aborting and keeping the dog. Tht is why I deleted my account, I couldn't believe people would feel this way.

But yes, I agree it wasn't a choice and I was just worded it that way to demonstrate the crazies.

• imageFrench+75:

this exactly! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get what you were saying about what your options were.  And good for you for seeing the truth about that looney toon.  I can't believe anyone would flame you for making the decision you did. And for not offering anything supportive.  however, I too have had a time where I wasn't supported in the way I had been looking for on here. At least you truly loved that dog and gave him a life that he otherwise would not have had.  What pisses me off is the people who give up their dog's to the humane society because they are moving to a place that doesn't allow dogs.  WTH is that?  I have had my dog with me since the day I moved out.  It isn't that hard to find places where dogs are allowed.  Anyway, you were right.  Pat on the back!
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekg_08:

I've been trying to stay away from all those posts on purpose, but I must just say...

You got flamed for choosing your baby over a dog? Somehow THAT makes me think this post is full of BS.

If you really did consider ending your baby's life in order to keep a dying dog for 1 more year, consider yourself cyber slapped.

LOL!!  I almost just spit out my coffee Yes

• Here I was thinking I would be bored today because SeaStar was gone.
  • You want a pat on the back for being a nutjob yourself and thinking you recognized one of your own?

Um, good for you?

eta: Also, I don't believe for one second that "people" on Pets flamed you for not getting an abortion. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageToledoDeux:

You want a pat on the back for being a nutjob yourself and thinking you recognized one of your own?

Um, good for you?

Um, I am guessing you are one of seastars supporters who thinks I am evil for choosing my baby over my dog. And yes, I can recognize crazy lol! I can't write for sh!t but I guess all the great writers on here (Yankee baby, Sea star) ended up being full of bs. I love how everyone wa praising seastars writing, what a great fiction writer she is lol!

• imagepastalady:
    imageFrench+75:

It was a choice but one I would never have had a issue making. Of course there is no way I would choose a dog over a baby. But I got flamed to death for explaining why I had to put the dog down and yes, people from the pets board said I was evil (and some very fun names like filthy etc etc) for not aborting and keeping the dog. Tht is why I deleted my account, I couldn't believe people would feel this way.

But yes, I agree it wasn't a choice and I was just worded it that way to demonstrate the crazies.

I would honestly love to see the post where you were called "filthy" for not choosing an abortion.  I'm one of the dog-loving "crazies" and I call BS on this.

I'm not sure of the point of this post, other than perhaps to keep the board entertained for the day.

If what you are saying is even remotely true, I am very sorry for what you went through with your dog.  It's never easy to say good-bye, even when it's the most humane and loving thing to do.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagepastalady:
    imageToledoDeux:

You want a pat on the back for being a nutjob yourself and thinking you recognized one of your own?

Um, good for you?

Um, I am guessing you are one of seastars supporters who thinks I am evil for choosing my baby over my dog. And yes, I can recognize crazy lol! I can't write for sh!t but I guess all the great writers on here (Yankee baby, Sea star) ended up being full of bs. I love how everyone wa praising seastars writing, what a great fiction writer she is lol!

LOL - not very strong with the deductive powers, are you?

You're crazy all on your own, lady.

• Basically all I am saying is that I think it is funny I was flamed for saying that I believe any good mother would do is protect her child, not sit around making sh!t up on the internet while her child is recovering (is she was bit at all).

I am just a normal mom who comes on here while her child is napping. I would never have chosen to keep a dog over a child, of course not. And I too would cyber slap anyone who would. I was simply illustrating the position I was in and how I was flamed for the choice I made, even if to me it wasn't a choice at all.

I think I will leave the bump in peace now.

• This is the story you shared:

mrsolsen2000:

ITA, much more likely to have your kid get attacked by a dog than a kidnapping. I get that people love their dogs. We rescued a dog from an organization that rescues dogs used in dogfights. he went through extensive training with numerous trainers specializing in aggressivH dogs. He loved Dh and I. We thought he was safe. He attacked my sister unprovoked from behind. She was only bit on the leg, so she was okay. We used a cage muzzle from there on out. For 5 years he wasn't able to be out without it. We had to reinforce our fencing because I had nightmares he got out and killed a child (even with that he was never left outside unattended). He was 150 lbs. When I found out I was pregnant after my first ultrasound I took him to the vets to be put down. I couldn't imagine having a killer dog in my house with a defensless baby. Yes, I loved him. But he was dog and I loved my unborn child more.

The dog bite story being exaggerated has nothing to do with you being a douche. You still are. Doesn't change anything.

• hahaha, omg

lunacy is like a bug zapper to mosquitos. zap zappity zap!

• imageKC_13:

This is the story you shared:

mrsolsen2000:

ITA, much more likely to have your kid get attacked by a dog than a kidnapping. I get that people love their dogs. We rescued a dog from an organization that rescues dogs used in dogfights. he went through extensive training with numerous trainers specializing in aggressivH dogs. He loved Dh and I. We thought he was safe. He attacked my sister unprovoked from behind. She was only bit on the leg, so she was okay. We used a cage muzzle from there on out. For 5 years he wasn't able to be out without it. We had to reinforce our fencing because I had nightmares he got out and killed a child (even with that he was never left outside unattended). He was 150 lbs. When I found out I was pregnant after my first ultrasound I took him to the vets to be put down. I couldn't imagine having a killer dog in my house with a defensless baby. Yes, I loved him. But he was dog and I loved my unborn child more.

The dog bite story being exaggerated has nothing to do with you being a douche. You still are. Doesn't change anything.

Yes

• imagewife07mom09:
    wait? the dog mauling was a joke/made up??

THIS! What'd I miss now?! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebunkiegrl`:
    imageKC_13:

This is the story you shared:

mrsolsen2000:

Yes

How does this make her a douche???  I'm confused.  Are you honestly hating on her for choosing her child over the dog?!  Seriously?! 

• imageQ7:

imagewife07mom09:

Exactly my thoughts?  This didn't happen>???

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejewels7free:
    imageQ7:

imagewife07mom09:

Exactly my thoughts?  This didn't happen>???

It happened, but she exaggerated the story.  It was like 10 stitches, not 50.  Read the posts below about DD's.   

• imageToledoDeux:

eta: Also, I don't believe for one second that "people" on Pets flamed you for not getting an abortion. 

I do.

• wait... did you just say that you contemplated aborting your baby to keep a fvcking DOG?!!!!???!!!??!!  you're an arshole. 
  • imageLoriFalce:
    imageToledoDeux:

I do.

LOL.  Of course you do.

• imageToledoDeux:
    imagepastalady:
    imageToledoDeux:

Um, good for you?

LOL - not very strong with the deductive powers, are you?

You're crazy all on your own, lady.

she took a left turn into crazytown the minute she started these posts. 

• I thought sea star was full of it too, but you're pretty insane yourself.  I wouldn't go putting on your proud pants
  • Wow!  Just wow.  I'm not sure why SS would exagerate??  10 stitches to me is still too many.  I still would of felt bad about the sitiuation.  What a nut.  Oh and I had my dog for 14 years, but if he would've giving my daughter ONE stitch.  He wouldn't live with me anymore.  Period. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageToledoDeux:

Me neither! Good Lord, OP. Do you think you may have gotten flamed for putting your dog down and not finding an alternative?  I think you need to open your eyes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • imageToledoDeux:
    imageLoriFalce:
    imageToledoDeux:

I do.

LOL.  Of course you do.

I'm not backing this OPs story, but I would believe this about the pet board. They are a special brand of fanatical crazy when it comes to their "four-legged children."

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmie28:
    imageToledoDeux:
    imageLoriFalce:
    imageToledoDeux:

I do.

LOL.  Of course you do.

I'm not backing this OPs story, but I would believe this about the pet board. They are a special brand of fanatical crazy when it comes to their "four-legged children."

Yeah.

OK.

• Wait, wait wait. So you debated getting an abortion or getting rid of your dog, and ultimately chose to have your dog put down. But you flamed SeaStar because she was contemplating what to do (and hadn't made the decision yet?)? Do you not see the hypocrisy here?

I also participated in the thread you posted on the SAHM board, and I think most people flamed you for tellling SeaStar she had failed her daughter. Some also flamed for your choice to put the dog down (rather than looking at alternatives). But I didn't see anyone flame you because you didn't get an abortion.

Sounds like you are making stuff up and adding to the craziness that is making your head spin.  

• I HONESTLY have to say that every single one of you who are calling her out for aborting a baby she never really wanted in the first place are COMPLETE B!TCHES! 

She got pregnant on accident because beleive it or not, those do happen.  So people can get pregnant by accident and have an abortion just because, but she cant have an abortion because she spent YEARS caring for a dog that was a part of her family

You ladies REALLY REALLY need to do some soul searching and figure out why you are so judgemental?  I really think some of you get off on being rude to people on here for making CHOICES. Nobody will say anything to a woman who sits at home popping out babies for a living, but the woman who choses to have an abortion when she wasnt even trying to get pregnant is flamed??? GTFOH!!

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • imagert4life:

I HONESTLY have to say that every single one of you who are calling her out for aborting a baby she never really wanted in the first place are COMPLETE B!TCHES! 

She got pregnant on accident because beleive it or not, those do happen.  So people can get pregnant by accident and have an abortion just because, but she cant have an abortion because she spent YEARS caring for a dog that was a part of her family

You ladies REALLY REALLY need to do some soul searching and figure out why you are so judgemental?  I really think some of you get off on being rude to people on here for making CHOICES. Nobody will say anything to a woman who sits at home popping out babies for a living, but the woman who choses to have an abortion when she wasnt even trying to get pregnant is flamed??? GTFOH!!

yeh, we must really do some soul searching for not agreeing that killing an innocent unborn child because it was an "accident" is ok.  don't even turn this thread into a pro life debate.  maybe you should learn about responsible planned parenthood, you won't get anywhere on here with this arguement, it's a parenting board for christsake. 

• imagecarlab44:

Wait, wait wait. So you debated getting an abortion or getting rid of your dog, and ultimately chose to have your dog put down. But you flamed SeaStar because she was contemplating what to do (and hadn't made the decision yet?)? Do you not see the hypocrisy here?

I also participated in the thread you posted on the SAHM board, and I think most people flamed you for tellling SeaStar she had failed her daughter. Some also flamed for your choice to put the dog down (rather than looking at alternatives). But I didn't see anyone flame you because you didn't get an abortion.

Sounds like you are making stuff up and adding to the craziness that is making your head spin.  

OP I did not comment on your post under Seastar's post but I don't think you went into as much detail about why you put your dog down which is where I think some of the confusion lied. You didn't mention the cancer just that you had resuced a dog tried working with it and when you got pregnant you put the dog down. (Not exact quotes something along those lines). Because of that people were judging that you didn't try to find another home or shelter and that you just put the dog down. Having gone through cancer with my previous dog I view your situation very differently now. In my case my dog was down to very poor quality of life. He was in pain and it was time to say goodbye. We very much wanted him to be alive so LO would know him if even for a day. We decided that to make him wait another week in pain just to take a picture with LO was very unfair to him and we had to put him down 1 week before she was born. Plus I really wanted to be there when we did it and hold him while we said goodbye. That would have been very hard to do with a brand new baby and I am not sure my already extremely emotional body could have handled it. Anyway I knwo the pain of making that decision and I am sorry you were misunderstood under Seastar's post.

Withthat said I think your attacks at Seastar were a little harsh but now I know she lied so I am done defending her.

• imagetesttubebaby:
    imagert4life:

I HONESTLY have to say that every single one of you who are calling her out for aborting a baby she never really wanted in the first place are COMPLETE B!TCHES! 

yeh, we must really do some soul searching for not agreeing that killing an innocent unborn child because it was an "accident" is ok.  don't even turn this thread into a pro life debate.  maybe you should learn about responsible planned parenthood, you won't get anywhere on here with this arguement, it's a parenting board for christsake. 

lol you cant be serious? okay so accidents dont happen. glad we know that now.  If you honestly feel that an unwanted child should be brought into this world you do need to do some soul searching.

I am aware its a parenting board. but NOT everyone parents the same way. it is not ANYONES place to judge.

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • imagert4life:
    imagetesttubebaby:
    imagert4life:

lol you cant be serious? okay so accidents dont happen. glad we know that now.  If you honestly feel that an unwanted child should be brought into this world you do need to do some soul searching.

I am aware its a parenting board. but NOT everyone parents the same way. it is not ANYONES place to judge.

i could refer you to a responsible planned parenthood website.  i guess taking birth control or practicing safe sex so you don't have to kill an unborn child isn't an option for you?  why haven't you mentioned that?  abortion should not be a means to birth control.  and judging someone for judging someone else is still judging, just sayin! 

• Hey pastalady!

SUCK IT.

We've missed you.

<3

Beautiful DD born 12.17.08
    March 2010 missed m/c @9w
    July 2010 c/p @4w4d
    December 2010 m/c @5w6d
    April 2011 c/p @4w1d
    BFP July 18th - Beta #1 1,150, Beta #2 4,672!!!
    U/S August 4th - Healthy 130 bpm Heartbeat!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetesttubebaby:
    imagert4life:
    imagetesttubebaby:
    imagert4life:

i could refer you to a responsible planned parenthood website.  i guess taking birth control or practicing safe sex so you don't have to kill an unborn child isn't an option for you?  why haven't you mentioned that?  abortion should not be a means to birth control.  and judging someone for judging someone else is still judging, just sayin! 

Thread killas! You are both morons. OMG. WTF. YWIA. Just sayin'.

• Yeah, accidents happen even when on responsible birth control.  You're allowed to be a parent AND be pro-choice.  There's nothing in the handbook saying the two are mutually exclusive.  This is the stupidest pro choice debate ever.  YWIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"