January 2012 Moms

What are you using to moisturize your tummy?

I know stretch marks can't be prevented by creams, but even so, what are you using on your tummy? I've just been using regular lotion out of the shower, but I think I might switch to something a little more intensive...just not sure what!

DD: 1/8/12
DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What are you using to moisturize your tummy?

• I have some body butter from Bath and Body Works
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I've tried lots of things but got hooked on Origins Precipitation Extra. It's $30 for a big jar and it lasts a really long time. The cream is amazing! It gets right into your skin, doesn't leave it greasy and it's so soft! I really absolutely love it. I also have very sensitive skin and this is all 100% natural and just super awesome :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't found the need to do aynthing differently yet... My skin stays pretty happy in the summer though, I may need something more powerful when the dry winter weather kicks in.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It feels really nice going on, but sometimes it seems a bit oily. Overall I like it.
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Mederma.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 5/07/11, DS 01/19/12
    BFP #2 08/09/12, M/C 08/10/12
    BFP #3 10/30/12, EDD 07/11/12...please stick!
  • I am using Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. You can get it at Whole Foods. It comes in a large tub and last for a long time. I have had a few friends use it and it really moisturizes!
  • I'm just using my usual body lotion on it for now (Vaseline brand cocoa butter lotion), but will switch to something more intensive come late fall/winter b/c I have major dry skin issues.
  • I've been using udder cream for feet and hands. I like it because it's not sticky feeling after I rub it in. No extra stretch marks.Been using it since 10 weeks.
  • I was using the Palmer's coco butter cream and also used their lotion, but was going through it fast - I moisturize the belly 2-3 time a day and also used those ones on the rest of my body once a day.  Now I am using St. Ives Collagen Elastin lotion.  It's a huge pump bottle and much more cost-effective.  Smells light and pretty and absorbs really well.

I do think there really is no proven way to prevent stretch marks, but I think that staying really well hydrated would help more than anything - the marks happen well below the surface, not on it.  It just seems to make sense because drinking lots of water is so good for your skin (and the rest of you).

IAmPregnant Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've been using a C. Booth's bath/shower oil.  I rub it on while I'm still wet, before I get out of the shower.  Even though it is an oil, it absorbs really well and doesn't leave me feeling greasy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Honestly, I've been using baby lotion with cocoa and shea butter. It's a little greasy but it's worked wonderfully so far!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • i use bella b's tummy honey butter, and i love it! it's not real expensive either, and a little goes a long way. it's really cheap  on amazon.

it's like a balm, and looks like it would be greasy, but it's not at all. plus, it sinks into my skin really quick but yet i can feel it all day/night. i use it twice a day!

it says it's for stretchmark prevention, and i know everyone says you can't prevent them, but it's awesome for moisturizing and why not try to prevent those suckers in the meantime? my sister used it, and never got one single stretch mark, even though my mother did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

? BFP #1 EDD 10/18/2011. Twin Blighted Ovums 3/10/11. D&C on 3/11/11 ?
    ?BFP #2 5/19/2011 ? 9/1/2011 - it's a BOY!!! ? Jace Matthew born 1/23/12 ?

?BFP 6/21/2012 - EDD 3/5/2013 - natural MC 7/22/2012 at 7w ?
    ?BFP 10/24/2012 - EDD 6/26/2013, grow little one grow!?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bodycology body creme after my morning shower and Palmer's Tummy Butter before bed.

• I've been using Cocoa Butter
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 5/5/2011, EDD 1/12/2012

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My BFP Chart:

• cocoa butter..but I'm going to have to switch to something else because the smell has started making me sick!

• I started off using the "expensive" creams because I was petrified of stretch marks but soon realized that its all genetics.  So now I just use Bert's bees mama bee belly butter.  I love it, no scent and it isn't sticky or anything.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshear22:
    cocoa butter..but I'm going to have to switch to something else because the smell has started making me sick!

This is why I can't/don't use cocoa butter...I can't stand the smell!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Dermology stretch mark prevention cream for every day use and  I got Trilastin to use every other day.

• imageJerryLaines:
    I started off using the "expensive" creams because I was petrified of stretch marks but soon realized that its all genetics.  So now I just use Bert's bees mama bee belly butter.  I love it, no scent and it isn't sticky or anything.  

I was doing the same thing.  Found Bert's bees and love it.  Doesn't leave me sticky like the other stuff. 

• imageerincourtney17:
    I am using Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. You can get it at Whole Foods. It comes in a large tub and last for a long time. I have had a few friends use it and it really moisturizes!

YUM! Sending the hubby to get some of this tonight (he works right next to a Whole foods)!

• I am using Vitamin E oil.  My aunt who is a nurse recommended it to me when I had a serious burn from a motorcycle tailpipe.  I applied it then after all the oozing was done and it had really started to heal.  I never had a scar from that burn.  So I am convince Vit. E will work if anything can work.
  • I am using generic (Publix) cocoa butter lotion. It is not greasy at all and I actually don't think it smells as bad as some of the other cocoa butters I have smelled.

Jess and Michael Married 10/2006
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just using regular lotion but started having some intense dry skin around my breasts, so with a sephora gift card I purchased  L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil. Mostly because I loved the smell and it seemed less greasy than the butter products they had available! So far it has kept my skin nicely hydrated and I don't think I've popped enough yet for the stretchmarks to start to appear.  
  • Burts Bees.  I had something called Belly Balm, Got it at Target, but its not there anymore so I switched to Burt's Bees Belly butter which is really nice.  I also found a coupon for Bio Oil so I use that sometimes too.
  • I use either Bio Oil, or Mother's Special Blend oil from Whole Foods. 

They are both a little greasy but I take a bath every night, put my oil on, then I hang out in my undies all night:)  I don't use them in the morning so my clothes don't get greasy. 

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"