July 2011 Moms

Implanon?

Today was my post-partum appointment. All was good, however, the BC talk came up. I asked about the Implanon and they are going to order it for me. Anyone have any advice on this method. There's no estrogen, so its BF friendly, since I am still kind of BFing. Anyone have it, or considered it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Implanon?

• I had it for three years before conceiving DS. After 2 months on it I had no period which was awesome. The only side effect I noticed was a slight decrease in sex drive but not enough to really make a difference. Insertion and removal were both painless and I cant even find the tiny scar anymore. I got pregnant 3 weeks after removal hahaha. I plan on getting it again but Im having problems with insurance this time around. I highly recommend it!

• Thank you for your input. Some friends of mine are warning me against it, but they loved the mirena IUD and I had it after DS1 and I reallyu didn't like it. As long as my insurance covers it, I think I will go through with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsWilliams2B:
    Thank you for your input. Some friends of mine are warning me against it, but they loved the mirena IUD and I had it after DS1 and I reallyu didn't like it. As long as my insurance covers it, I think I will go through with it.

Just out of curiosity, what are their reasons against it? 

• Two girls I have spoken with have been adamant they knew someone who became pregnant while on it. That was the main reason. The girl that I know who actually HAS it, has had no problems with it. Every bc method besides obviously not having sex, or having a hysterectomy, has a .01% chance of not stopping it. I just wanted to know about side effects because everything I have tried has had horrible side effects.
  • So after my LO was born i got the implanon in my arm and i had one period like a week after it ws inserted but it was kind of a weak one so will my periods go away within the next month or few months?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"