April 2012 Moms

Made the announcement to Facebook!

I had planned on waiting, but I'm showing enough that people are starting to ask, so I just blew it out of the water. It's been fun! I announced it by putting up a picture of myself holding a sign with my due date and an arrow pointing to my belly. How did you announce it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Made the announcement to Facebook!

• I love that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Julia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I actually wanted to wait to make sure that all my immediately family knew before placing it on facebook. My DH was so excited after our first appt at 8 weeks, that he had the u/s in his hand, took a picture, and waited for the go ahead to put it on facebook.  So after the last call to my family, he placed it on facebook. It's amazing all the responses you get.  It's great to have so much support and to find out about all your friends that are pregnant also!  How did your facebook response go? BTW that was very clever on the picture!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not announcing on FB until I'm out of first tri and out of the closet at work.

Not sure exactly what I'll do, but last time I listed a bunch of celebrities who had just announced their pregnancies and said "What do Anna Duggar, Idina Menzel, Sarah Michele Gellar and I have in common?" Some people got it right away and others responded to the comments.

• Very Cute Idea... We posted a pic of our US on Facebook :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerc1276:

I'm not announcing on FB until I'm out of first tri and out of the closet at work.

Not sure exactly what I'll do, but last time I listed a bunch of celebrities who had just announced their pregnancies and said "What do Anna Duggar, Idina Menzel, Sarah Michele Gellar and I have in common?" Some people got it right away and others responded to the comments.

I was thinking about doing this, since there are so many celebs that just broke the news that they are expecting! "What do Beyonce, Hillary Duff, Jennifer Garner and I have in common?" 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have not announced on facebook yet, but I am thinking of making a photo album. 
  • We will not be making an announcement on FB until I've told my nearest and dearest and when I do, it'll probably just be something pretty basic and nothing cutesy.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• I won't announce it on FB until I am out of the 1st trimester. In fact, after reading yeaterday's FB post, I am not sure if I will directly announce it at all. Two of my FB friends (a HS and a college friend who I occassionally chat with) have been open with IF issues. One has been ttc for years now and is going through IVF right now. She is very open about it and is being positive about IVF, but still. The other had a miscarriage earlier in the year, that was unfortunately broadcasted on FB by a mutual friend) and she has made a couple comments about being jealous of people being able to get pregnant easily. So, I am undecided. While I don't want to hurt either of them, I do want to get the news out in the 2nd tri. I'm still deciding.
    imageimageimage
  • I probably will not till around Thankgiving and even then it might be just a pic of me and my husband with my belly. Other than that I really dislike facebook, I've told my parents and his parents, sisters, and some close friends. We will be more open to our extended family and friends after my NT scan on the 23rd which I will be 12 1/2 weeks at that time.

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We conceived on our trip to Italy, so mine will reference the fact that our souvenier from Italy will arrive with the due date.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• We got great responses, our closest friends and family already knew, so it was fun to let it out to everyone. That's cute about Italy, we did that for some of our friends because ours is a souvenir from Niagra Falls, lol.  I told my best friend I brought her a souvenir, but I didn't know if it would be a niece or a nephew. She flipped!

• We haven't announced yet, but I had my birthday Sept 7th and didn't see the inlaws. Just saw MIL and she asked what I wanted for my birthday. I told her I'd think about it and let her know. We are planning on telling them at a football party Saturday so I'm gonna tell her I need maternity clothes or something.

• imageChristina_Diane:
    I won't announce it on FB until I am out of the 1st trimester. In fact, after reading yeaterday's FB post, I am not sure if I will directly announce it at all. Two of my FB friends (a HS and a college friend who I occassionally chat with) have been open with IF issues. One has been ttc for years now and is going through IVF right now. She is very open about it and is being positive about IVF, but still. The other had a miscarriage earlier in the year, that was unfortunately broadcasted on FB by a mutual friend) and she has made a couple comments about being jealous of people being able to get pregnant easily. So, I am undecided. While I don't want to hurt either of them, I do want to get the news out in the 2nd tri. I'm still deciding.

My best friend and I have been TTC for almost the same amount of time (we have been trying maybe 5 months longer than them). I have had 4 miscarriages and she has had 2. She has not gotten pregnant again for months. I know when I told her I was pregnant it was hard on her at first. She avoided me, not because she was mad, but because she was jealous and it just reminded her that she's not pregnant. I try to not talk about the baby unless she brings it up first now and it's going better now. Your friend will probably have some of those same feelings but the happiness for you will be there too. It just might take her some time to adjust to it.

• I have a pretty dry sense of humor so after the NT scan I will probably post something like "is gestating" and tag DH. Some people will get it and if they don't oh well. I'll announce it on FB, but I won't make a big sappy deal out of it. I get tired of the "I'm the first person in the world to be pregnant/have a kid" type of posts I see all.the.time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Our friends and family are spread out everywhere (our parents and grandparents alone live in Maine, California, New Jersey, Georgia, and Massachusetts), so we'll definitely post something on FB at some point.  We've already told our parents, most of our grandparents and siblings, and a few close friends, but we're waiting until I can't hide it any longer to share with everyone else. 

My office is not the most compassionate to pregnant ladies, so I'm going to hide it as long as I can there.  I'm so thankful for bulky winter sweaters and layers to help me there! 

Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
  • I have a pretty dry sense of humor so after the NT scan I will probably post something like "is gestating" and tag DH. Some people will get it and if they don't oh well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageChristina_Diane:
    I won't announce it on FB until I am out of the 1st trimester. In fact, after reading yeaterday's FB post, I am not sure if I will directly announce it at all. Two of my FB friends (a HS and a college friend who I occassionally chat with) have been open with IF issues. One has been ttc for years now and is going through IVF right now. She is very open about it and is being positive about IVF, but still. The other had a miscarriage earlier in the year, that was unfortunately broadcasted on FB by a mutual friend) and she has made a couple comments about being jealous of people being able to get pregnant easily. So, I am undecided. While I don't want to hurt either of them, I do want to get the news out in the 2nd tri. I'm still deciding.
    I just wanted to say you are so sweet for taking your friends' feelings into consideration. Not many people think or do that. It was so hard for me to see announcements after my loss but I couldn't be mad at them I was just jealous. I wanted what they had. I'm still undecided if I will announce. I know my fb friends (my family and close friends already know) will be thrilled to know that I am pregnant again. If I announce it will probably be well into the 2nd tri. or after my 20week u/s.
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not planning on announcing until around Thanksgiving, but I plan on getting my doggie a tshirt that says "Big Sister" and putting a picture of her on FB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I video taped almost all our immediate families' reactions.  Hilarious.  I compiled everything together.  It's up on youtube (msg me your email if any one wants to view it), but private for now, cause I'm still debating if I want to put it up NOW or at the start of my second trimester.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Our baby is a souvenir from Bermuda, so I was thinking of the same thing :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"