1st Trimester

sober weddings stink!

Not being able to drink with everyone at a wedding totally gives you a different perspective!  Especially when it is too early to tell anyone WHY you arent drinking!

on the other hand I did get quite a few laughs over wasted people dancing their hearts out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sober weddings stink!

• Three of my best friends got married during my pregnancies (which was pretty much a solid 2 years of pregnancy!). Each had an open bar. I was so jealous watching all the people drinking their free booze, but it sure was funny!
    My "Irish twins" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pPROM at 27 weeks, Birdy born at 28 weeks at 2lb 7oz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I hear you!!  We were in the same boat the other weekend - too early to tell people and an open bar!  I had the bartender make me a juice "cocktail" and put it in a martini glass though...  it helped me feel a bit more "with" the crowd!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just offered to be the designated driver for my husband and his friends... great cover!
  • my wedding is in one month three days and im still trying to figure out how to fake the toast if i serve apple cider everyone will notice. im not telling anyone til after first trimester. i planned the wedding with cool drinks (this is before we knew we were expecting) so my whole night ill carry around the same drink and hope no one notices.
  • I went to my cousin's very post wedding and they had a FANTASTIC cocktail hour and great wines with dinner.  :(  The service was great, but that meant that I had to turn down all this nice booze about 100x.  I did try a sip of the champagne at cocktail hour---sooooooo good. 

I was wishing I had a great big bump at the time so the well-meaning staff would quit asking me!!  :)

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image     image

• I hear ya!

Last year, we attended a wedding in my last 2 weeks of pregnancy.  I had told myself I was going to allow myself a glass of red wine because that baby was cooked and I REALLY wanted it. There were 3 other women there who were just as pregnant as me and they each had a glass as well.  DH kept asking me all night if I wanted him to get it for me.  I needed to wait for the perfect time; when it was dark and everyone was dancing.   

So I got my glass at the perfect time and sat at the table and REALLY enjoyed it. I didn't get drunk or anything, but it sure was great.

Hours later, back in the hotel room, I puked everything up.

Karma, I guess. UGH! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imageNDIAYE214:
    my wedding is in one month three days and im still trying to figure out how to fake the toast if i serve apple cider everyone will notice. im not telling anyone til after first trimester. i planned the wedding with cool drinks (this is before we knew we were expecting) so my whole night ill carry around the same drink and hope no one notices.

What about just you and your husband having apple cider.  From a distance, no one should be able to tell, especially if they are poured before they are served.  At our wedding, we just had a bottle of champaigne and a bottle of sparkling cider on each table.  Guest got to pour the one they wanted.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I'm the MOH in a wedding this weekend. Definitely going to be interesting going sober!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • well thanks i didnt think to pour our glass first . now i just gotta stay a wake lols. i take naps all day yet i.m still tired cant wait tell it gets better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"