1st Trimester

My bump outed me

at work.  I knew I was showing already.  Its my second, I had my DD 15 months ago.  I'm only 9 weeks but I look five months already.  It sucks, oh well.  At least now I don't have to stress about what to wear and how to hide it.  Did this happen to anyone else yet?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My bump outed me

• I was 9 weeks 6 days yesterday, and while I was out in public, random strangers were asking me when I was due...To their surprise I answered "in April." 

"Wow, you have a long way to go!" was one response.   ...And this is my first pregnancy.  One person even referred to my belly as the "little watermelon"!

• My bloat is already outing me :( I also had DS, well, 16 months ago today and was showing early with him too. I'm thinking in a week or two I will be in full maternity close. At 9 weeks I couldn't fit into any of my regular close except baggy shirts or big sweats. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It did with #2.  I'm surprised it hasn't  yet.  maybe it already has and I don't know it?  I'm sure no one will be surprised when I announce. My PG brain is probably more telling than my belly. lol
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • This is my first pregnancy so I didn't really want to tell the world until the end of my first trimester.  I am only 11 weeks along BUT I am a high school teacher and my kids did not hold back at all. They first were just staring at my stomach, then one said "you didn't look like that last year." Then another called me over and said "I don't mean to be all in your business, but are you pregnant cuz you look it?" Then a kid walked up to me during a fire drill and said "congratulations!" I was in shock, because I don't think I look pregnant. I can tell my clothes fit different, but I don't really see it for the most part.  SO now  everyone knows and I am just hoping and praying that all goes well, because I am so terrified of having to tell all those kids if something goes wrong. We've had our first ultrasound and heard the heartbeat. I feel fine and have had no obvious problems, so God willing all will go well!
  • I have a feeling that people at work know (I'm extremely petite normally at 4'9" and usually under 80 lbs with a flat stomach) but no one has asked me anything yet.  

I'm 9 weeks and although I want to not say anything until my first midwife appointment at 12 weeks, I don't think I'll be able to keep it a secret for another 3 weeks.  I may just talk to my boss privately and then speak to HR at 12 weeks.  

I just hope that my boss would be able to keep the secret. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, I've been in this situation for about 2 weeks! Its insane. We had to announce it earlier than we wanted to just because people were guessing and I couldnt hide it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive been having to wear baggy shirts in public, because the bump is very obviously there.
    My "Irish twins" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

pPROM at 27 weeks, Birdy born at 28 weeks at 2lb 7oz.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ugh yes! I had a teacher I work w/ ask right away. And I am close to her daughter so they both know. Then a girl who we sat with at a wedding yesterday asked how far I was. We decided to def tell our parents Thursday, and my boss Friday. Then we'll wait until after our appt Monday to tell everyone else. I know people are assuming b/c I am clearly showing. But I told DH I wanted to wait until after 1st trimester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a feeling that mine is going to out me too! A good friend today told me, "OMG Mel! You look pg!" which she is one of two people who knows! I have a feeling everyone else will know soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"