July 2011 Moms
Options

when to expect my first period

It's been exactly 8 wks today since my son was born (still trying to figure out how you count his age.) He'll be 2 month on the 16th and i'm wondering when i can expect my first period. My husband and i haven't had sex so i know i'm not pregnant again but i was just wondering if anyone else who's had a july '11 baby has had their first Post Baby period. I'm getting my IUD placed on the 26th so am wondering if i'll even have one once i get it put it.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: when to expect my first period

• Options
    My first period started 8w1d after DS was born. It was not a fun one and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed not having it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son was born July 9th so he's 9 wks/2months and I have yet to get mine. However, my Dr also said that if you are exclusively breastfeeding, you may not get one...a waiting game that I'm not sure how I feel about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was complaining to DH about not feeling well last night... then I woke up to mine this morning. Yay No I'm 10w 1d PP.

• Options

imagejesusita2002:
    My son was born July 9th so he's 9 wks/2months and I have yet to get mine. However, my Dr also said that if you are exclusively breastfeeding, you may not get one...a waiting game that I'm not sure how I feel about.

My son was born July 9th too!

And my last period was Dec 2008 when I got pregnant with my first, I bf for a year and then got pregnant with my 2nd.

• Options
    Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? That plays a big part too. It's pretty common if BFing to not get a period while nursing. I didn't have my first period after my son until just after he turned 1. I am not sure how the IUD will affect it. I've known a few people that had Mirena that didn't get one at all, while others spotted for months. My good friend has Paraguard and got her period about 6 wks postpartum I believe, but she was also formula feeding. It's kind of a crap shoot I think! :)
  • Options
    i breast fed for the first three wks but wasn't producing and got really sore. So now am strictly formula feeding. I guess i'll need to talk to my OB when she puts the Mirena in on the 26th.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am formula feeding and DD#2 is 9 weeks today and I haven't had one yet. I think with DD#1 I was closer to 10-12 weeks pp before I got one and I formula fed her too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"