July 2011 Moms

AW: Apparently I gave birth to a peanut.

Lucy had her 2 month checkup today and here are her stats:

10 lbs, 2 oz

21 1/2 in. long

This puts her in the..........5th percentile. 5th! I was shocked. Strangers are constantly saying how tiny she is and I figured it was just one of those things people say but apparently it's true!

Her pedi isn't concerned because she is proportionate and I'm barely 5 ft. myself but wow. Just wow.

My girl handled her shots well. I told the nurse I would be BFing her while she received them. She said no one had ever done that before and that she would "try". It worked great. She let out one big cry then went back to eating like normal.

She's crying a lot now, though. :( Off I go to make it all better.

And a PIP, just because I love this picture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: Apparently I gave birth to a peanut.

• Gabe will be 2 months adjusted on the 12th and those will be almost his exact stats.  So, this post makes me happy. 

Pedi always says there is a curve for a reason :o)

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• DD was, and still is, little.  She was in the 5th percentile and sometimes even off the charts (the bottom of the charts).  But her doctors were never worried because her dad and I are both small people.  She is now in the 10 percentile and I am so proud ;)  One good thing about it is they can wear their clothes longer and get your money's worth. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagea_brasuell:
      One good thing about it is they can wear their clothes longer and get your money's worth. 

Jealous! I just ordered $50 worth of clothes from Carter's b/c DD is on to 6 month clothes. She's only 10 weeks!

• imagea_brasuell:
    One good thing about it is they can wear their clothes longer and get your money's worth. 

This is true. My DD was a totally average weight at birth, and I don't know what she weighs now (at 6 weeks), but I'm certain she's put on at least 4 or 5 lbs. She's going through clothes like crazy! I wouldn't mind if she slowed down on growing a bit...obviously not in a bad way, it just makes me irrationally sad that she's growing up so fast.  

• imagea_brasuell:

DD is small too for 6 weeks (8lbs even at her 1 month, but 21.5 inches).  I have gotten tons of 0-3 month size clothes assuming the newborn stage wouldn't be very long, but she still doesn't fit in any of them!  I am so hesitant to go out and buy a bunch of newborn sizes that she might only wear a couple more times, but who knows.  Oh well...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dd was 21 inches and 9lbs 2 oz at her 2 month appointment. that put her in the 4th percentile for height and the 8th for weight. she was only in the first percentile at 2 weeks. i am only 4ft 6 so i dont expect much height for her.
  • gorgeous pic.  My dd was 9lbs and 20.5 inches at her 2 month checkup.  She was 3 1/2 weeks early. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • My first two were both on the smaller side but #3 isn't so little...went for her one month a bit late so she was closer to 6 weeks but she is already 11-4 and 24.5 inches.  I'm used to hearing 15th or so percentile but this one is on the high 90's!!!  As you said, as long as her growth pattern remains the same, there is nothing to worry about.  Someone has to be on the low end, we will handle the high side :) 
  • Shes adorable!

DS had his two month today... I have a porker.. 12 pounds, 12 ounces and 22 7/8 inches. 75th percentile for weight, 50th for height. YAY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • my little guy was quite a bit under weight after he was born. He didn't regain birth weight until he was 3 wks old and that was 7lb 2oz. But i was a small baby, 7lb 1/2 oz so he's actually bigger than me. At his one month check he was only up to 7lb 12.3 oz. He's 20.5 inches up from 19 at birth. The only measurement that was on with where he should be at his one month check was his head measurement. So he's going to be a smart boy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagemeg211:

imagea_brasuell:

DD is small too for 6 weeks (8lbs even at her 1 month, but 21.5 inches).  I have gotten tons of 0-3 month size clothes assuming the newborn stage wouldn't be very long, but she still doesn't fit in any of them!  I am so hesitant to go out and buy a bunch of newborn sizes that she might only wear a couple more times, but who knows.  Oh well...

My DD is small too and is just starting to fit her 0-3 months stuff. She'll be 2 months next week and is just about 10lbs and 23 inches.
  • Oh I love that picture! What a cute little peanut you have though. At my DD's one month appointment she was exact average; 50th percentile. I am guessing she will be pretty close to the same for her 2 month appointment. (and I am super nervous for her shots).

• Great picture!  

My LO has her 2 month appt. on Monday, I am interested to find out how much she weighs.  She was 15 days overdue so she was born weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces.  I was only 5.5 pounds at birth so I was shocked she weighed so much!  She gained a pound in the first month...so I'm thinking she might be close to 11 pounds now!  

• Hey there are benefits to having a peanut - for starters all those cute clothes will fit a heck of a lot longer! I gave birth to a moose and she is already moving on to 3-6 mths clothing at 6 weeks Sad We skipped right over the Newborn Clothes...

All that matters is a healthy baby - and people claim mine is tiny - so there may be something to your assumption that people just say she is tiny...

• Yay! I love hearing all about the other July babies, big or small.

Good to know her clothes may fit a while longer, too.

• I'm really glad I read this! I was just starting to worry about how small my baby seems to be. She's 7 weeks so I haven't had the 2 month appt yet but she's still fitting into NB sizes very comfortably. It's great because we're getting so much use out of her clothes but it's also kind of sad because I have SO many more 0-3 and 3 month sizes that I thought she'd be wearing by now and she can't! I didn't get many NB sizes because I figured if she wore them, she wouldn't wear them long. I was totally wrong and now she wears the same outfits on repeat, lol!

She was 7 lbs 9oz at her one month appt, and I'm really hoping for closer to 10 by her 2 month. All the other babies in my family seem to be bigger or at least average (which is why I didn't get too many tiny sizes), so I don't know where my baby came from! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • These stats are so interesting!! DS was as big at birth (8 lbs 1 oz, 21.5") as some of these babies are now!! At his 2 month appointment yesterday, he was 12 lbs 15 oz and 24". He is almost too long for his 0-3 month clothing!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejillybean222:
    As you said, as long as her growth pattern remains the same, there is nothing to worry about.  Someone has to be on the low end, we will handle the high side :) 

I've got the higher side wrapped up too! DD1 was a preemie, so always in the 5th percentile. It was so exciting when she became "average" and in the 25th.

DD2 just had her 2 month check up yesterday - 12 lbs and 23 inches - 75th for both weight and height. And yes, DD1 was in her newborn clothes forever. This one is already in 3-6 month stuff! I hate buying new stuff during this season change also!

After 2 miscarriages and a pre-term birth (34 weeks gestation due to PROM), our healthy baby girl is growing up fast! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    3 more miscarriages and finally a correct diagnosis (septate uterus) and a corrective uterine surgery later, our second blessing is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She's a cutie. My neighbors oldest has been in the 5th-12th percentile his whole life. His brother is in the 50th and looks huge next to him (2yr age difference). They are just different kids. He's 7months older than my DD1 and a head shorter. I was always tall as a kid but stopped growing at 14 (I'm almost 5'8") whereas a girl in my class was petite our whole childhood and went from 4'11" to 5'4" in high school. ;) I wish my little giant was a peanut many days when my back aches from hauling around a 14+ baby all day. As long as my kids are healthy (not obese or anything) I figure they will slow down eventually. I learned in my parenting class as as a ftm that kids focus on growing or developing language/skills, their bodies can't do all at once. So many kids in our parenting group were peanuts but talked early, where my DD1 towered over them and walked early but didn't talk a ton until 2 (now she doesn't shut up). Thats why you don't compare your kids to others too much. As a btdt mom I'm going to have to try to not compare my DD1 milestones timelines to LO too much.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Omgoodness..she is just darling!!! Such a cutie! I'm jealous you have such great smile pics. Whenever mine smiles...no camera is near :P

I love her name too ;) My Lu is on the very large end (95th percentile @ 6wks). My husband kind of makes fun of her, but in a cute way. My niece is so small...she's not even on the charts! She's 18 months old and wears 9 month clothing. Her ped doesn't seem too worried though...her parents are really tiny too. It sounds like your pediatrician isn't concerned either, that's great. It is such a plus she can wear her clothes longer. I figured my DD would be a peanut like my son was, so we had quite a bit of NB and 0-3 clothing but she barely got to wear any of it, while DS was in it until he was 2+ months! Makes me sad because she had such cute stuff :P

That is so awesome about her shots! I think I will have to try that. I used to get so upset when DS had to get his...I'd leave the room and make my husband be with him. I think I'm tougher now, but I really like the nursing idea. I'm so glad she didn't have a tough time with them. :) 

Well, just have to say again how stinkin' cute your li'l peanut is! :) 

• Was she born early? But at least she is healthy. My LO was 10 lb, 10 oz. and 23 inches at ONE month and I feel she is big but pedi says she's fine. And I'm petite too. She was 2 weeks overdue though, that might have something to do with it. She still fits in some newborn clothes though, crazy! ETA: adorable pic BTW.
  • It's crazy how different all of our little babies are. Big Smile Sounds like my DD is bigger than most of the LOs here! She is even bigger than some of my friend's 4mth olds. At her 2 month check up she weighed in at 13lbs 4oz and 24.5 inches long.

All of the pics of the LOs are adorable by the way.. Our babies are beautiful whether they are peanuts or porkers!! haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"