C-sections

How long was your hospital stay?

How many nights were you in the hospital for your c-section? With #1, I was there for forever (5 days, 4 nights)--not due to complications just b/c of time of day (water broke early in the morning went into hospital around 7am labored for about 18 hours or so and DD was born around 1am). #2 will be scheduled so assuming it will be a little be shorter but curious what it was for everyone else
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long was your hospital stay?

• I was in for 4 nights and 5 days due to my baby being in the NICU. Went in for surgery at 1230 on Tues and he was released on Sat, so my Dr released me as well. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was there from Tuesday to Friday. I would have been discharged on Thursday, but my LO had a jaundice problem so they kept me one more night. I didn't have any complications so I guess my doc was comfortable with not keeping me another night, but since my LO wasn't well, they did.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in for 4 days, my Dr told me I could leave after 3 but I decided to stay the extra day, when else will you have free 24 hr childcare?!?!

I have no clue how I will handle the next one, I'm sure I'll miss DD too much to want to be in the hosp for 4 days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was induced in the morning, had DS the following morning and was released 2 days later. So all together 4 days and 3 nights. My insurance would have paid for another day in the hospital for both of us but my OB and Pediatrician said we were ok to go and I was ready to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• I was there 3 nights.  I could have stayed 4 but wanted to go home to be with DS#1.  I only stayed 3 nights with him too now that I think about it.
  • 4 nights, 1 in labor + 3 post c-section
  • I went to the hospital at 1 pm on Thursday, had her about 3 hours later, left Sunday morning.  I was supposed to stay another day, but I was very unhappy with some stuff that happened at the hospital.
  • I went in Wednesday morning for my repeat c-section and I left Friday afternoon. I couldn't wait to get home to my recliner!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was admitted late Tuesday night, had DD at 1:56 Wednesday morning, and was discharged on Sunday.  My recovery went well and I could have gone home a day earlier, but insurance covered four nights after the surgery (which happened in the middle of the night, so I kind of got a bonus), and it was nice having meals and everything taken care of.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I was admitted in labor on monday morning, had my C/S monday night, and was released thursday afternoon.  So 3 nights total.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • I was in a total of 5 nights with ds, 3 were after the birth.  Loooong labor that landed me nowhere lol.  This time my doc's office said that 2 nights is standard for a scheduled with no complications.
  • With both for 3 nights. On c/s #2 the dc was ready to release me the next day since I was up and walking so good. But I left the hospital with out all 3 boys before they left.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Induced Tuesday night (failed), c-section Wednesday night, released Saturday at noon.  So 2.5 days after the section. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got to the hospital around 9am, had DD at 9:35pm Friday. I got released Sunday around 6:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Admitted 9 pm on Monday due to water breaking. Failed induction(never went into labor on my own), and had a c-section 10:55 pm on Tuesday.  Went home Saturday afternoon.  If breastfeeding was working, I would have went home Friday. They wanted to give me another night with access to LCs. DS didn't latch until two weeks later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • With my first I stayed all 4 nights because she was in the NICU. With DD2 I had the c-section on a Friday at noon and left Sunday afternoon. I don't take pain meds, had very minimal pain, no complications, and just wanted to get the heck out of the hospital!

• 3 nights 4 days for an uncomplicated primary c section.

• Admitted at 6:30 PM Tuesday, failed induction due to DD's HR dropping, born at 8:47 PM Tuesday, discharged at 4 PM Friday.
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • I went in on the morning of the 16th of July a sat, was in labor for 13 hrs and wouldn't progress from 5 cm, and was released the following Wednesday. N had jaundice and i had a bout of Tachycardia so we both had to stay an extra day for observation. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was admitted on Wednesday night for an induction, and had my c/s Thursday afternoon. I could have been discharged on Sunday (3 days) but DD was having issues so they kept me for another night. She then needed to be admitted to pediatric floor when I was discharged on Monday. We spent one night there so in total, I was in the hospital from Wednesday night - Tuesday night.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • 5 days  but 1st day was 18 hours of labor (wed)...had her at 227 am (thurs) and my doc originally wanted me to stay till monday but lucky for me another doc was covering over the weekend and let me go home on sunday :)
  • My csection was at 2am on a Tuesday and I was discharged at noon that Thursday.
  • My C-section was on sept. 3,2011 on a saturday. I was released from the hostipal on september 7,2011. I was discharged at 8pm that night.
  • I went on Monday night at 5 pm for inducement, had c-section at 7:30 tuesday night and we were released at noon on Saturday.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • First c/s I arrived Tuesday at 6:30 am and left Thursday at 11:30 am.

Second c/s I arrived on Thursday at 7:00 am and left on Saturday at 11:45 am.

Two days both times... 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was induced on Tuesday morning and had c-section at 10pm that night. We were released mid day Friday.
    TTC #1 since 7/10 Cycle 2 12/7/10 Diagnosed PCOS 12/17/10 BFP on CD 126 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Induced Wednesday morning, C/S Thursday afternoon, released Monday morning. I stayed the max amount of time allowed, although I felt ready to go home by Saturday.
  • I went in Saturday @ 9am for induction and left Wednesday @ around 2. So i guess that's *counts on fingers* 4 full days & 4 full nights. And they said i could stay another day if I wanted. OH NO!! That was plenty for me lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Forever.  I was admitted (in labor) around noon on a Monday, had c/s around 11 that evening, and wasn't released until midday Friday.  But I had an epidural headache and my BP was kind of wonky so they were monitoring me closely.

I'm hoping for a shorter stay this time around!

• 4 nights 5 days because of bleeding out during surgery and DS had jaundice.
  • 19 days...I was supposed to only stay for 4 nights(DS was born at 9:30 PM on Tuesday and we were both supposed to be released on Sat)    However, on Sat I was transferred to CCU(my hemoglobin dropped and I was very very sick)   I wound up spending almost a week in CCU and then 1.5 weeks in a step down unit.   Went home for 5 days and then had to go back in for another 9 days.    I was in the hospital for most of DS's 1st month.  

• 6 days, 5 nights. I actually signed myself out a day early following my section. 

I started induction on Fri. am through Sun. pm. pushed for about 3hrs after 60+hours of labor then had my section Sun. evening.  Signed myself out 3 days PP. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 6 days. Induction, incompletely vaginal and then a c/s at 2:55am Saturday so my first full day out of the 3 after a c/s didn't start until Sunday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our required stay was 3 nights. I had DD at 11:46p so as of midnight it counted for my first night, even though I didn't get to my recovery room until about 4a. DD was officially born on a Sunday night and we left Wednesday morning/afternoon. I was dying to leave! We had shared rooms in the hospital; it was cramped and I couldn't sleep at all.
  • 4 nights, 5 days.  I was ready to go sooner, but they let me stay because my babies were in the NICU.
  • 4 days. would have been out by 3 but my baby had jaundice so we stayed an extra day.
  • Usually 3 days, baby #4 will be my 4th c/s so I'm thinking about the same for him too.
    Jen
    Stanley Oct, 2006
    McKenna Feb, 2008
    Evelyn July, 2009
    Baby Boy Oct, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD was born just before 8 PM on Monday and I left around 2 PM on Thursday (Thanksgiving!). I could have stayed another day, but I was ready to go home and they were starting to try to push formula on DD. I'd done enough fighting so off we went!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• 3 nights. My scheduled C/S was Monday morning and we were discharged Thursday afternoon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS was found to be breech at 39 week appt.; scheduled the C-section for the next day- Friday at 5pm; discharged from hospital (by my request) Sunday at noon.  I am very thankful that I did not have much difficulty at all with recovery from this surgery.  The only reason the physician gave me as a reason to stay in the hospital one more day was because of my choice to breastfeed- make sure I was comfortable with it.  I felt comfortable enough to say- GET ME OUT OF THE HOSPITAL.  ;) (and was successful for a little over a year with breastfeeding and have a happy healthy 19 month old today).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"