Cloth Diapering

Tell me what you think of my inserts/soakers

Fleece on top:

3 layers of microfiber in the middle and

flannel on the bottom

I'm using these in my Flips and gDiapers. Do you think 3 layers of microfiber is too much? Would 2 layers be fine? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me what you think of my inserts/soakers

• They look good, and I bet they're pretty absorbent.

2 might be plenty, and keep it more flexible though.

• imageMichelleLeigh13:
    I have no comment, but a question:  Where did you find the microfiber?  I would like to make some of my own soakers, but don't know where to start.

I've made inserts using microfiber towels from the auto section at Wal-Mart. Very cheap! 

OP they look good! I like 3 layers, 2 is not enough for my LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMichelleLeigh13:
    I have no comment, but a question:  Where did you find the microfiber?  I would like to make some of my own soakers, but don't know where to start.
    You can get them in the auto section of Walmart 8 for $5- those are a little smaller. They are 14x14. But the ones I used for the middle are from Costco. I want to say they were 36 for $16. They are  bigger, 16x16 and I just trifolded them and cut off 2in off the bottom and stitched them together so they wouldn't bunch when I stuffed them.

Thanks ladies! I they are a decent thickness. I was going to try to cut that down a little. I'll have to try 2 layers and see how that works for day time use. I was also thinking of just doing 3 layers in the front only and cutting the back part down in thickness to one or 2 layers since it only really needs to "catch" there not absorb.

• imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageMichelleLeigh13:

I've made inserts using microfiber towels from the auto section at Wal-Mart. Very cheap! 

OP they look good! I like 3 layers, 2 is not enough for my LO.

Well I know 2 definately wouldn't work for nighttime. He has a fluffy butt at night-I stuff with 2 of them and they are heavy in the morning. LOL.
  • late question for this post. I need something for my gdipes. Where did you get the fleece and flannel? I looked at Joann's and the fleece seemed so thick!
    i do it for the joy it brings, because i'm a joyful girl, because the world owes me nothing, and we owe each other the world - ani d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"