3rd Trimester

While I want to have this baby...

I'm 39 weeks and I'm really enjoying my last few days to myself.  Yesterday I spent the day cooking and getting a pedicure.  Today I'm reading a book I've been wanting to open for weeks... Anyone else just enjoying their last couple days of freedom?  Or is everyone anxious for baby to arrive?

Re: While I want to have this baby...

• I'm trying to enjoy my last couple of months lol I feel like this is it for us socially for a while so we are going to have a few game nights/dinners here with friends
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last pregnancy I took 2 weeks off before and it was heaven.  This time, I'm a full time student and I have a class to be in 2 days before, and finals are 2 weeks after.  It'll be a bit more crazy this time, but hopefully I can find some peaceful time.
  • Loading the player...
  • No. Because I have a toddler:) SO much different this time, and SO much harder!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is great that you are enjoying this time. I still have five weeks and I'm trying to do the same. We won't have quiet time like this again for quite awhile.
  • imagebrewcitybride:
    No. Because I have a toddler:) SO much different this time, and SO much harder!

Oh, same here.

OP, that is good your are enjoying this time!  When I read about people wanting to induce early for no reason other than wanting to have their baby sooner or for scheduling, I want to yell that they should enjoy this time.  In a few weeks, you will be wishing you had it.  As much as you love your baby, those first few weeks are tough!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I can't wait for her to get here, but at the same time, I feel like I need to enjoy my last easy days.  I did say good-bye for a while to restaurants I love that are not baby friendly.  I know that life doesn't end after LO is here, but still... Won't everything need more planning?  Am I blowing this out of proportion?  I'm kinda in a let's live in the moment phase, I guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm learning that I don't relax well. My job has requested that I no longer come to the office, but I'm working from home. I almost feel guilty for just sitting around relaxing all day. If I'm not working, I'm cleaning or running quick errands. I think I'll try to take next week to simply relax and enjoy my last few day before the little one arrives. Congrats to you though...enjoy for all of us! Smile
  • imagesytom:
    I can't wait for her to get here, but at the same time, I feel like I need to enjoy my last easy days.  I did say good-bye for a while to restaurants I love that are not baby friendly.  I know that life doesn't end after LO is here, but still... Won't everything need more planning?  Am I blowing this out of proportion?  I'm kinda in a let's live in the moment phase, I guess.

I actually found restaurants easy when DS was an infant. Now that he is a toddler? Totally different story.  So, you could probably still enjoy some of your fave places for a few more months (I am not saying you should take an infant to Chez Fancy). 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I'm not as far along as you but yes, every single day is a blessing and I am grateful for every night where I get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I also just stopped working last week (due to several factors) and am really enjoying the stress free, peaceful days to myself! I can work out when I want, read when I want, go shopping, clean, cook and do just about anything without restrictions- amazing!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm enjoying the last few weeks/days having just DS.  Bedtime is so easy night now so I'm loving the time we spend snuggling and reading books.  I imagine it will be so much more difficult when there is another LO demanding my attention!  But I'm also anxious to meet this LO and see how DS will be as a big brother.
  • I'm enjoying the time!  We both can't wait to meet this baby, but are taking time to enjoy our last few days as just the two of us--cooking together, having date nights, sleeping in, etc.  I'm still working (a lot), but when we're home we're trying to enjoy the time we have.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • I totally agree.  I'm only 29 weeks and I'm trying to savor every second.  I have actually started enjoying bedrest!  I know that I won't ever get to lie around with nothing to do after baby comes.  Things will be so different going from the two of us to having a child to care for.  It will never be the same so I'm enjoying it while it lasts too. 
  • I'm just enjoying these last few...umm... 12 weeks of babyfree freedom. :) Except I have a two year old so its not quite the freedom of my dreams.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Enjoy ur time and get plenty of rest. I havent been doing anything but resting this last week but thats only cus i'm over due. I'm ready to have son here now.
  • I am in week 33 and feel guilty for wishing he would come early so I can experience relief! As the days pass I keeping gaining more weight, more weight = more discomfort. I don't want to enjoy the final days, I'm more about trying to speed through them to the finish line.
  • imagebrewcitybride:
    No. Because I have a toddler:) SO much different this time, and SO much harder!

All of this, lol

Enjoy the down time!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"