April 2012 Moms

$78.00??!?!!

I got a call from the pharmacist today and she said my new prenatal vitamins are in (the ones my DR first prescribed me were back ordered).  She wanted to call me personally because......they would be $78.00!!!! Seriously? Are these miracle prenatals?? I have excellent, double covered insurance, and THAT is the cost?? She wanted to know if I still wanted them. Um, NO! I can get good ones with lots of iron, folic acid, AND DHA at Costco for 18 dollars!

Tell me I'm not crazy for passing that up?!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: $78.00??!?!!

• No way would I pay $78 for prenatals
  • $78.00?!

Unless that's a 9 month supply, I'd definitely go with something else

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, 78.00! As far as I know, it was just a one month supply, meaning I'd have to go in for refills.  If it was for nine months, she wouldn't have called because then the price wouldn't seem so outlandish.  She must have known I would be like......say again??? Yeah, I'll stick to my Costco vitamins! 

• You know... Depending on what it was... I probably would.

I have a lot of serious pregnancy induced anemia issues so I am always taking lots of iron... which of course equals constipation.

My doc gave me a bag of samples last week. I found one that actually helped me poop EVERY DAY! I asked her for a prescription at my appointment today. She gave me some samples just in case... but yeah... I would pay that or more for these! 

Being able to poop more than once every 7-10 days is REALLY important to me.Cool

But if I had never taken them before... Nope!

Mom to Blaze (01/31/2001), Mackenzie (02/2009), and our Angel Baby {EDD 04/30/2012 MMC @ ~8 weeks D&C @ ~11 weeks(10/07/2011)}
  • Nope, definitely not. Not even if it was a 9 month supply, you could still get it way cheaper OTC.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• No way! That's too much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NO WAY.

My prescrips cost $5!

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • seeing as though my prescription will be free (my pharmacy has free prenatals) I wouldn't pay 78 for it. I mean, seriously, It better make my baby come out potty trained for that much (about the amount you'd spend on disposables a month. A litt more, but close)

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Target brand with DHA is $10 for a 2 month supply.  That's even cheaper than Costco.
  • Kroger has Nature's Made on sale for 2 for 1 = about $12. 
    Coming Soon: Baby #2!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not sure where you live...but if there are any other St. Louis mommas out there, Schnuck's is THE place to go for prenatals! They are FREE. Yes, I said FREE. No catch, no gimmicks. They are a St. Louis family-owned grocery store chain who believes in providing prenatals to all pregnant women. This is for everyone, not just low-income or un-insured. I was confused about it when my OB told me to get my scrip there. But sure enough, they were free!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • That is koo-koo. My doc said OTC are as good as Rx, so no way would I pay that much!
  • I'd be calling my OB and asking for a different pill. That is pretty darn crazy.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • imagealysky:

You know... Depending on what it was... I probably would.

I have a lot of serious pregnancy induced anemia issues so I am always taking lots of iron... which of course equals constipation.

My doc gave me a bag of samples last week. I found one that actually helped me poop EVERY DAY! I asked her for a prescription at my appointment today. She gave me some samples just in case... but yeah... I would pay that or more for these! 

Being able to poop more than once every 7-10 days is REALLY important to me.Cool

But if I had never taken them before... Nope!

Dropped the prescription off today. They said for a 60 day supply the one I am getting is $60 before insurance.  Since I met my Rx deductible today, I will only pay 20%.

I still say I would pay $78 for this one... I havent been feeling as sick when I take this one!

Mom to Blaze (01/31/2001), Mackenzie (02/2009), and our Angel Baby {EDD 04/30/2012 MMC @ ~8 weeks D&C @ ~11 weeks(10/07/2011)}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"