3rd Trimester
Options

Head-Down at 33 Weeks..

I had an ultrasound done just before I turned 33 weeks, and my son was already head-down and as low as he could get before labor...What does this mean? I forgot to talk to my doctor about it because we were discussing GD...But I had a friend tell me that means he will come early...not sure if that's true though...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Head-Down at 33 Weeks..

• Options
    No that's not true... just because he is head down now doesn't really mean anything, he can turn breech again any time, and then turn head down at last minute, but when you're getting closer to your due date it's good that they are head down, so you wont end up getting a c-section.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was told the same thing at 33 weeks. I am now at 38 weeks and still no baby. in fact she moved up again and acts like she is never gonna come out! :) i hope the same doesn't happen for you. I was hoping that when my doc told me she was low and head down that she would come early. i'm so more than ready to hold my little girl. GOOD LUCK!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageholliemott:
    I was told the same thing at 33 weeks. I am now at 38 weeks and still no baby. in fact she moved up again and acts like she is never gonna come out! :) i hope the same doesn't happen for you. I was hoping that when my doc told me she was low and head down that she would come early. i'm so more than ready to hold my little girl. GOOD LUCK!! 

Ahh you're only 38 weeks you still have 3 weeks or more for something to happen! My due date was yesterday and NOTHING :S I'm also very ready to have this little one.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mine has been that way for a while (before 33 weeks) and I also had an extremely short cervix.  My bun is still in the oven.

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• Options
    Yeah, it doesn't mean anything.  This baby has been head down for two weeks and really low.  He is going nowhwere and has plenty of time left in there for me :)
  • Options
    It means that at that particular day, at that particular time, your baby was in that particular position.  I've had three u/s's since 34 weeks to make sure he's stayed head down.  Babies will flip and turn at any point, to include during early labor.  Hopefully LO stays positioned that way for you until delivery. 
    DS1 born 3/30/09
    natural mc @ 10w4d 3/7/10
    DS2 born 9/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was too, now at 36+ weeks she is still head down but not as low as she was. I thought for sure it meant she was coming early, but so far so good in these parts.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Head down at 33 weeks is by no means an indication your baby will come early. My LO has been head down since 30 weeks with no indication of arriving early. 

It just means your LO is in the right position for labor and will likely stay there...yay! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i was told that when babies are head-down at this point, they more than likely will stay that way until birth. so even if he/she doesn't come early, at least they are in a great position :)
  • Options
    My LO has been head down and squirming her way further down since 21 weeks. She's sure not going anywhere though.
  • Options
    my baby's head has been down since 28 weeks.. and im still here almost 38 weeks... 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    No...a lot of babies turn head down by that point. It's also possible the baby will turn around again...at that point they still have some room to move. It doesn't necessarily mean that the baby is coming early.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    It doesn't mean a thing, my LO was head down the entire time. You just have a cooperative baby.
  • Options
    We had our 3D ultrasound at 32 weeks, and our LO was already head down.  I don't think it means anything other than we have babies that are cooperating! 
  • Options

Mine's been head-down since the middle of week 28. He's a rowdy little thing, though, so I assume he'll flip back and forth a couple of times in the next 9 or 10 weeks.

Head-down isn't the same as dropped or engaged, and it's no indication of when labor will start.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Doesn't necessarily mean anything. DD has been head down since my 32 week appt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"