3rd Trimester
Options

4D Ultrasound 29 weeks or later

Has anyone gotten a 4D ultrasound at 29 weeks or later?  We are scheduled for one next week, and I will be 29 1/2 weeks.  My doctor said it is best between 26-28 weeks, so I just want to know if it is worth it to still try at 29 1/2 weeks. 

Thanks!

Re: 4D Ultrasound 29 weeks or later

• Options
    I was one day shy of 29 weeks when we had ours. We got great pictures! (see sig)
  • Options
    I got on.  Mine was a quick one since I had to get a growth ultrasound at 36 1/2 weeks.  We didnt get a good picture since she is down so low and hugging my pelvic bone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just remembered that when I had a growth u/s at nearly 32 weeks the tech switched to 3d/4d for a second so we could try to see his face and we were still able, but it was not nearly as clear as it was at 29 weeks.
  • Options
    Ours was 31-31.5 weeks.
  • Options
    I had mine at 32 weeks and it was amazing! Very clear!
  • Options
    I have a weekly 3D/4D ultrasound.  We got our first good look at his face (he likes to hide behind his hands) at 31 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine was at 29w1d, and she was a bit squishy, but we still got some good pictures. ?She was head down and right up against my hip bone so it was hard to get clear pictures (think face against glass all smooshed...that's what she was like) ?good luck!?
    Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12
  • Options
    I was told that is best to get it around 30 weeks because the baby has "real" features, but isn't too big or scrunched.  The hardest part is getting baby into a good position for pictures, so you may want to go when he/she is most active.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"