September 2011 Moms
Options

Water Breaking as Start of Labor...

I am sure that water breaking as the first part of labor only happens 10% of the time, but it totally seems that Sept moms are breaking that logic.

So what gives?  The atmospheric pressure?  LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Water Breaking as Start of Labor...

• Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing, I don't think I even know any women IRL that have had their water break.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know! and I was thinking that everyone is having this "popping" sensation/sound right before it breaks... is that common when your water breaks?
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I have had painful contractions every ten minutes since Friday with no progression into labor, I am hoping I will be one of them. I could use something nice and definitive!!
  • Options

Happened to me today...luckily I was at home in bed. See my birth story I posted just minutes ago.

• Options
    imageSFAug07:

Happened to me today...luckily I was at home in bed. See my birth story I posted just minutes ago.

I read yours after I posted this and thought ANOTHER one!!

Natkay today too!

It just seems every birth story or birth buddy is reporting "water breaking" as the first comment, and I thought it was rare!

• Options

Yeah, "water breaking" as first step in labour as well as tons of people going early ... neither are as common out there as the September board here!!

And yes, the pop can be audible.  I had it with my first pregnancy, although with DS my water didn't break until they broke it at 9cm.

• Options

The popping noise people have been describing has got me paranoid. I went to the bathroom this morning and heard a weird pop, and had a mild freak out, until I heard the same sound a second later, after shifting my weight.

Turns out it was the toilet seat making weird noises.

• Options

I had the popping. Not sure if it was audible, I just felt it. :/

Also, I 'm busting a gut laughing at the toilet seat comment. XD 

• Options
    My water never broke with DS but I have a few friends who have had that happen.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehisaak:

Yeah, "water breaking" as first step in labour as well as tons of people going early ... neither are as common out there as the September board here!!

And yes, the pop can be audible.  I had it with my first pregnancy, although with DS my water didn't break until they broke it at 9cm.

Glad I'm not the only one that has been really surprised at the number of pre-EDD babies popping out 'round these parts.  

And I'm dead at the toilet seat story. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    my water broke with my first and just broke a few hours ago with my second.  I'm still home and just taking it easy but i've always hoped for water breaking so i knew i was in labor really!  I'll update you ladies later!
  • Options

I've noticed that too--- made me sure that my water would break. But now I'm 14 hours into labor and nothing yet, so I guess not!

That's cool about the popping. Labor is full of surprises! 

• Options
    imagelaurynfaerie:

The popping noise people have been describing has got me paranoid. I went to the bathroom this morning and heard a weird pop, and had a mild freak out, until I heard the same sound a second later, after shifting my weight.

Turns out it was the toilet seat making weird noises.

Hahahaha! That's awesome Smile

• Options
    It is seriously freaking me out! I'm not due until Sept. 20, but I am going nuts overanalyzing everything because so many people are going early and having their water break as the first start of labor. I really, really want LO to wait until next week at the earliest!
  • Options
    According to my OB stress can cause your water to break.  With DD, I had absolutely no stress..wasn't working, sleeping a lot and she came 10 days late.  They had to break my water to get things going.  With DS my grandfather passed away, I had to finish my report cards and my water broke two weeks early.  Maybe there is something to this "stress thing".  This time around similar to my first so I don't anticipate going earlySad
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mine broke both times. And both were early. First time (36.6) no noise no pain. Second time (37.4) I felt a jolt/thump like DS stretched really hardcore and heard a pop.. My grandmothers water broke with each of her babies.. Its not supposed to be common but I guess it happens more often than they say?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"