Georgia Babies

Ladies who have kids in the fall/early winter

I'm wondering how much of an influx this Christmas will be with the newborn.  We have showers in the fall, so I'm wondering if you get less or still the same at Christmas?  Know what I mean?  I've already had little moments of panic where I'm like, "holy sh!tballs, how is all this stuff going to fit into my house?" and I totally forgot about Christmas.  So, I'd like to prepare if we are about to be inundated... 
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Re: Ladies who have kids in the fall/early winter

• My DD was born 10/2.  The showers and stuff gave us mainly newborn type stuff and lots of clothes.  By the time Christmas rolled around we needed bigger sizes of clothes and bigger baby items like a jumparoo and more advanced toys.  So it worked out.  Generally speaking, family and close friends gave a gift at the shower and then would ask what she needed for Christmas.  I always told them to go up an extra size on clothes.  By then you will also have a better idea of what works for you and what you need more of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • finn was born in July so he'll be a bit older than yours but he basically got nothing for his first christmas, he got a dog puppet and very few other things because we needed nothing.  I know you've registered for toys already that will still be age appropriate so I'd think you really wouldn't need anything either by that time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, I need to rephrase.  I am fully aware I don't need anything else coming into my house for this baby.  But, other very generous people....do they feel the same way or should I prepare for the 2nd coming of gifts as well?
  • imageptreebride2006:
    Sorry, I need to rephrase.  I am fully aware I don't need anything else coming into my house for this baby.  But, other very generous people....do they feel the same way or should I prepare for the 2nd coming of gifts as well?

Well, Mia was born Dec. 30 and there was no way the grandmothers weren't going to buy a ton of clothes for her.  We didn't find the gender out, but they still managed gift us with a ton of stuff.  What can you do, though?

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageptreebride2006:
    Sorry, I need to rephrase.  I am fully aware I don't need anything else coming into my house for this baby.  But, other very generous people....do they feel the same way or should I prepare for the 2nd coming of gifts as well?

Well, Mia was born Dec. 30 and there was no way the grandmothers weren't going to buy a ton of clothes for her.  We didn't find the gender out, but they still managed gift us with a ton of stuff.  What can you do, though?

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• From here on out, you will be inundated :)  Your house is no longer your own, my dear.  Very soon, your once beautiful kitchen will have greasy fingerprints all over it, you'll slip on the milk drips from sippies on the floor....and you'll be stepping on legos and barbies in the middle of the night.  Tee Hee....welcome to parenthood!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageptreebride2006:

My son is a Halloween baby so on his birthdays, we always have to store some of his gift in anticipation of Christmas stuff. He just gets so much during that season so we store some and give it to him on spring to spread it out.

• Don't forget diapers are alwyas a nice gift.
  • My DS is a mid-October baby, and yes it seemed like boxes kept arriving through the early Spring.  He got way too much gift clothes (especially holiday-themed items), but I think that was largely due to him being the first grandchild on both sides).  And with his birthday being just a couple months from Christmas, it seems like we get a big gift surge in the fall and winter.  

I may try to put a few items to the side this year from either holiday and save them for the spring or summer.  DH and I have resigned to just getting him one bigger item for each holiday since the grandmothers go so overboard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsBrandiGreene:
    From here on out, you will be inundated :)  Your house is no longer your own, my dear.  Very soon, your once beautiful kitchen will have greasy fingerprints all over it, you'll slip on the milk drips from sippies on the floor....and you'll be stepping on legos and barbies in the middle of the night.  Tee Hee....welcome to parenthood!

::lies down on the floor and kicks and pounds fists into the hardwoods screaming "nooooooo say it isn't soooooooooooo"!!!!!::  Crying  hahahahaa

Thanks, ladies.  We have a section in the attic already with some baby stuff that we will use later...guess I should make some more room up up there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"