August 2011 Moms

Contractions.. is this real or not? (long)

I am 5 days passed my due date and have yet to feel any sort of contractions or braxton hicks. But all of sudden on Thursday night I began to feel pressure. It continually got worse and it felt like menstrual cramps and my entire stomach would tigten. Friday morning I woke up not sleeping very well, and found that I lost my mucus plug.

I had a regular doc apt on friday, and they were contractions but not close enough. All friday and now Saturday I have been having contractions they are like 20-25 pp apart. I had some more muscus plug loss, but basically I am just in pain. I am fine in between the contractions, but when they hit I need to stand up and almost brace myself because they take my breath away.

Does this sound familiar to any of you? Do you think this will progressively get worse and lead me to real labor?? I just dont want to get my hopes up!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Contractions.. is this real or not? (long)

• Read the birth story I just posted - sounds like how my labour started!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How do I read your birth story? I cant find it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just above "team green turned..."
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Those definitely sound like contractions, but only time will tell if you'll go into labor.  Two nights before I went into real labor, I had contractions that eventually got to 7 minutes apart, but then totally stopped all at once.  Hopefully they get closer together for you!
  • I am overdue also, and have experienced real contractions each evening for the past week and a half, just not only closer than 10 min. apart. By morning, no more contractions. BUMMER! It's so frustrating, but my Dr. assures me this can happen, especially for FTMs.

I hope they progress into real labor soon! It sounds like you are on the right track, its just a matter of time. Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"