Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Going Insaaaaane!!

Okay, I really need some advice or a sympthetic ear.  My baby girl, she'll be 1 year old in 18 days, has begun having an extremely fussy period about that same time every day for the last 4-5 days.  I hope to GOD this is a phase, but in case it's not...here's what's going on.

She wakes as usual at 6:30, we have our normal morning routine, including breakfast and 1 mile walk and play time, she's cheery and delightful.  She goes to sleep by 9am and takes a 1 1/2 - 2 hour nap.  Upon waking she is cheerful and happy, eats between 12 and 12:30 and around 1:15 starts getting very VERY fussy.  She eats the same thing for lunch that she does for dinners...vegetables (fresh steamed), fruits (fresh and diced), sometimes pasta.  She drinks water 98% of the time, otherwise there may be a tad of juice (apple or pear) mixed in.  I don't think this is an issue with diet as she doesn't act like this after breakfast (fruits and cereal) or dinner.  She's not a gassy baby.  Her poop is consistent.  No temperature.  She's not teething.  She just starts whining.  It's not a painful cry.  She doesn't want to play by herself, she doesn't want to play with me, she's not hungry or thirsty, she almost acts tired....?  Could she possibly want a nap after having just woke up 2 hours earlier?  I don't care if it does put a kink in the schedule.  I will gladly put her down if that solves it.  Also, when she wakes up from her normal afternoon nap between 3:30 and 4, sleeps for 1 1/2 hours, and wakes by 5 or 5:30 she gets reallyfussy again until she eats.  Her normal dinner time is 6:15.  I've started feeding her by 5:30 the last few days and she doesn't seem to be bothered by that at all, but this afternoon gripe won't quit!  So, since I hadn't put a lot of thought into another nap; I'll try that.  Here's the question...what if that doesn't work?  Is she just being spoiled?  And what do I do? 

Re: Going Insaaaaane!!

• Sounds like she needs a nap. When DS gets really fussy with floor tantrums rubbing eyes- its nap time. We just switched up our routine a couple weeks ago because of it. 

ETA: I've found that with DS the schedule changes a lot so i try not to have too tight knit of a routine- I tried and it didn't work and made it more stressful. Just saying.

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • imagecynhamilton:

Sounds like she needs a nap. When DS gets really fussy with floor tantrums rubbing eyes- its nap time. We just switched up our routine a couple weeks ago because of it. 

ETA: I've found that with DS the schedule changes a lot so i try not to have too tight knit of a routine- I tried and it didn't work and made it more stressful. Just saying.

I agree with this. Since DD was really little, she's been a 2 hour baby (only awake about 2 hours before needing a nap). Only in the last 2-3 months she's been able to go 3-4 hours. But the afternoon seems to be the worst for her the last few weeks. She'll only go 2, maybe 3 hours between her morning nap and her afternoon nap.

Except today... she won't nap for ANYTHING today. It's been a long day. Luckily she's not very fussy...yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"