Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I can't believe I did this...

I went shopping with my MIL today (ugh big mistake), because going out with a new LO is hard on your own and she doesn't work right now. Of course stupid me left my formula at home, and he got hungry while we were out. Now I'm freaking out because my MIL convinced me to give LO ginger ale. I can't believe I let her talk me into it!!! So while I was loading groceries into the car she gave him some to calm him down, I asked her how much she gave him, and she shrugged and said about 3oz!!! OMG, I started bawling. I am never going shopping with her again!

Is this going to hurt him? He's only 11 weeks old. *seriously kicking my self*

Re: I can't believe I did this...

• imagelrachelle80:
    You are a f*cking dumbshit if you let your MIL talk you into that. 

She doesn't take no for an answer. She's forced foods with dairy in it down my throat full well knowing I can't eat dairy. She's beyond evil. I already feel shitty enough.

• Well, yeah, it's probably bad. But I can't imagine it'll do any lasting damage... Except for some probably horrible gas for a while. It's not like ginger ale is going to cause your LO to get the flu or lose a limb or something. It's definitely helluva bad for him, but it's not deadly. At most, he'll throw it up. Big whup. Think of it as a really horrible 'junk food' day. Like one of those days where all you ate was cake and hot dogs, lol. It didn't kill you, but probably made you pretty uncomfy. Just don't make a habit of it, lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Was it a wise choice? No. Will the little man live? Of course. Should you do it again? I would hope not. We're all human and have all done stupid things.. even fully knowing they were wrong. No one said parenting is easy... 
    My advice to you that I've learned from my own mom after being pushed around..
    Its YOUR kid. You're his protector and you say what goes.. Be a mama bear and pull out the claws if you have to. 
  • imagelscb:
    Was it a wise choice? No. Will the little man live? Of course. Should you do it again? I would hope not. We're all human and have all done stupid things.. even fully knowing they were wrong. No one said parenting is easy... 
    My advice to you that I've learned from my own mom after being pushed around..
    Its YOUR kid. You're his protector and you say what goes.. Be a mama bear and pull out the claws if you have to. 

nicely put

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
  • You should use sprite next time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ginger Ale will make your child gay.  You're screwed.
    **Delicious**
  • imagetwhatwaffle:
    Ginger Ale will make your child gay.  You're screwed.

omg, I can't believe you would say that about my child! Crying

• It could make him gay. But seriously you're a dipsh!t. You should grow some balls and tell MIL she is an idiot.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • I can't even comprehend this.

Why would you have thought this would be okay?  I mean, why not AT LEAST do water? They sell bottles of water everywhere...

You really need to call your pedi.  No one on here can answer if this is going to cause problems. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• At least it wasn't gasoline. Huh?

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• This has got to be MUD!

I honestly can't see why this would ever happen....you were at a grocery store! Unless your child has a severe milk protein intolerance.....that requires prescription formula, any mother worth their salt would have gone in the store.....bought some formula.....maybe even a bottle, and then fed their child. Wierd....if this is true, lose the MIL or grow some balls!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Your kids probably gonna get diabetes now. 
  • imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

Hmm This response makes me think this is MUD.

• You're pathetic. Seriously.

Sure, it was ginger ale, not draino, but it was stupid for you to let it happen. Don't blame your MIL for being "evil" - take some accountability, you're his MOTHER. If you won't stand the fvck up for your BABY and what's in his best interest, and not let jackas$es push you around (which will happen a LOT), perhaps you should look into alternate caregivers - if you won't, he needs someone who will.

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• WTF???????? Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are kidding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekatie4253:
    imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

Obviously MUD... someone just wanted to be an AW

Member since 2010 ❤️
    #1 BFP 12/31/10 EDD 8/14/11 Born 8/9/11

#2 BFP 3/20/12 EDD 11/17/12 M/C 3/25/12

#3 BFP 11/17/12 EDD 8/5/13 Born 8/4/13

#4 BFP 1/26/14 EDD 09/29/14 Born 10/01/14

• imagekatie4253:
    imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

Katie, you should know me... you actually think I would even go shopping with my dumb@ss MIL? Much less let her push me around? 

Yes, MUD. Or rather a dare. Wink

• imageMs Andel:
    It could make him gay. But seriously you're a dipsh!t. You should grow some balls and tell MIL she is an idiot.

ZOMG my child haz gheyz!!!  Maybe our kidz will... I can't even finish that without pissing my pants in laughter.

• imageDHYGchica3:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

Katie, you should know me... you actually think I would even go shopping with my dumb@ss MIL? Much less let her push me around? 

I thought maybe she broke you down in some way, LOL!  I know you moved in with one of your families, but couldn't remember which side.  Thought she did some Jedi mind tricks. 

This post made me want ginger ale.   Off to pop some popcorn and have some

• imageHappyAardvark:

You're pathetic. Seriously.

Sure, it was ginger ale, not draino, but it was stupid for you to let it happen. Don't blame your MIL for being "evil" - take some accountability, you're his MOTHER. If you won't stand the fvck up for your BABY and what's in his best interest, and not let jackas$es push you around (which will happen a LOT), perhaps you should look into alternate caregivers - if you won't, he needs someone who will.

It's kinda pathetic you believed this. An I'm not sure what you meant by "perhaps you should look into alternate caregivers - if you won't, he needs someone who will." but I rollz my eyez @ chu!

• imageDHYGchica3:

imageMs Andel:
    It could make him gay. But seriously you're a dipsh!t. You should grow some balls and tell MIL she is an idiot.

ZOMG my child haz gheyz!!!  Maybe our kidz will... I can't even finish that without pissing my pants in laughter.

**Delicious**
  • imagesarahanderic2009:
    You should use sprite next time.

I was thinking orange soda, ya know? Oranges are fruit! That's healthy!

• imagekatie4253:
    imageDHYGchica3:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

I thought maybe she broke you down in some way, LOL!  I know you moved in with one of your families, but couldn't remember which side.  Thought she did some Jedi mind tricks

This post made me want ginger ale.   Off to pop some popcorn and have some

Did you see my famous Jedi craigslist post too? That was total mud... some of the responses were hilarious!

• You could have let this go a few pages, it was off to a great start.... 

<:[ 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDHYGchica3:

imagetwhatwaffle:

Well its true...

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imageDHYGchica3:

imagesarahanderic2009:

i think the clearer it is the less likely hood yur krdz wil be gheyz.

• That is SUCH an OWT Sarah...ANY color soda will make you catch the gay
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imagesarahanderic2009:
    imageDHYGchica3:

imagesarahanderic2009:

i think the clearer it is the less likely hood yur krdz wil be gheyz.

What color soda will make him a super hero?

• grape/purrrrrples
  • imagesarahanderic2009:
    grape/purrrrrples

swwweeeetttt!  What the heck are you cookin in that oven? A turkey??? 45wks pregnant... nice! :p

• imageDHYGchica3:

imagesarahanderic2009:
    grape/purrrrrples

swwweeeetttt!  What the heck are you cookin in that oven? A turkey??? 45wks pregnant... nice! :p

lol...i just  noticed that..    shut it

• Abbney speak-ah da truth.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • this is *** pathetic. so gload i didn't read every post and wast my evening
  • Please tell me this is another MUD post...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageangiekillaire:
    this is *** pathetic. so gload i didn't read every post and wast my evening

thank baby jebus

• In the future look for the nearest pharmacy. SIMILAC sells ready to feed 2 oz bottles for 7 dollars max. 

I understand where you are coming from my mother applies ridiculous pressure on me when it comes to making decisions for my child.  Although I try to combat it everytime. 

In the end you are responsible for your child, and everyone makes mistakes...but never EVER feed your child anything other than dr. approved foods until she/he is at least 24 mo's old. Your MIL is not a Dr., which is a great argument.  

• Yeah...you are dumb as hell for even considering that.  WTF is wrong with you?

ETA:  Nevermind, I see the July 11 FB group is still hard at work creating stupid *** on the bump.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageMrs Castillo:

You could have let this go a few pages, it was off to a great start.... 

<:[ 

Yes 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hyperlink removed by moderator.  STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"