1st Trimester

I DONT WANT TO WORK

HELP! I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I am nauseous, sick, TIRED, and have a headache ALL the time. I know I have to work because my boyfriend definitely does not make enough to comfortably support the both of us but I am just so tired and unmotivated.  It is so hard to get out of bed everyday between the nausea and the tiredness..never mind go to work for 40 hours a week. Any suggestions?

Re: I DONT WANT TO WORK

• Good luck surviving the next 9 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just take it one day at a time. Sometimes it is exhausting and overwhelming to think of how far you have to go and how awful you feel. But if you can just focus on getting through day by day.....sometimes that helps. Along with saltine crackers, ginger ale, other sodas, Tylenol, and sleep any time you can get it!

Good luck!

Smile

Sweet Baby Girl was born on 3/30/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • I suggest you work you a$s off and start saving up your money now because of you can't handle working at 9 weeks, doing it with an infant is going to be pretty sh!tty for you.  

It does suck, but it's part of the deal.     

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What's going to happen when you're up all night with a screaming baby, and then you have to go to work only to come home and do it all again? Good luck buttercup.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Quit. You're obviously a good candidate for medicaid, welfare, etc. ie: Lazy POS.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    Quit. You're obviously a good candidate for medicaid, welfare, etc. ie: Lazy POS.

Hmm I am on medicaid because I lost my insurance when I lost my job. Am I a lazy POS?

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Don't pregnant strippers make alot money? You could always do that! Other then that I would suggest growing the fvck. This is life, you have to work when your sick, tired, pregnant and whatever else you may have. You really should get it together your going to be a mother sooner then later and your LO will depend on you regardless how shiity you feel.
    lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    MY BLOG A Stay At Home Moms Search For All Things Sensational
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    Quit. You're obviously a good candidate for medicaid, welfare, etc. ie: Lazy POS.

There are good ideas, and then there's this post... 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It gets better, the very beginning and the very end of pregnancy is the worst IMO. 2nd trimester isn't as bad. Like someone else nicely put, just take it one day at a time. We all went through it.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dudes, seriously? Some of you are being harsh. Lazy POS? Really?

OP, take one day at a time. it will get better once you are in your second trimester. I know you said you are sick but you need to eat, you need a lot of protein, It will give you energy and even though it doesn't seem like it, it will help your nausea. Try things like Greek yogurt, it has lots of protein and it's easy to get down. Also make sure you are taking your prenatal every day. If it makes you sick you might want to try one that's not a one-a-day (if that's what you have) since that's a lot of iron all at once and can make you nauseous. HTH, and hope you feel better.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageTitts McGeee:

image1sTimeMom2Ella:

There are good ideas, and then there's this post... 

Agreed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh get over yourselves and stop acting like you aren't aholes at least 85% of the time. I don't care if people are on medicaid or welfare. Some deserve it, some don't. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:

Oh get over yourselves and stop acting like you aren't aholes at least 85% of the time. I don't care if people are on medicaid or welfare. Some deserve it, some don't. 

You obviously do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:

Oh get over yourselves and stop acting like you aren't aholes at least 85% of the time. I don't care if people are on medicaid or welfare. Some deserve it, some don't. 

Well it is pretty damn offensive to imply that because someone is using government assistance they are lazy POS's.

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:

No. I'm not an ahole 85% of the time, and if and when I ever am, it's warranted. you're being an ahole just for the sake of it which is just annoying.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLilena:
    It gets better, the very beginning and the very end of pregnancy is the worst IMO. 2nd trimester isn't as bad. Like someone else nicely put, just take it one day at a time. We all went through it.
    not always. Mine got progresively worse with each passing month.

Well of course that "could" happen, but for the most part I'm pretty sure most would say 2nd trimester is okay.

By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ...creeping in from Dec 2010 moms / 6-9months ... 

for nausea ask your ob for Zofran, it will help.  take it about 15mins before you get out of bed and just lay there and chill out.  it WILL NOT hurt your baby and it should help you deal with that.

headache, take tylenol.  Just cause you're k/u doesn't mean you have to suffer with a headache

Tired, try going to bed as early as possible.  if you can't sleep ask your ob if you can take benadryl.  ...it will help you get a good nights sleep.  obviously you shouldn't take it every day.  Remember you're growing a person in there, so once you get home, just chill out for a little bit.  the chores can wait.

Working 40hr weeks takes a toll.  It does get easier.  the #1 piece of advice I got when I was k/u with #2, keep a gallon size ziploc with you, in your car, in your purse ...cause you never know when you're going to heave and you don't want to do it all over the floor or yourself.

Try hard to not quit your job...you will need the paycheck, if you have medical insurance, you'll need it too.  1 day at a time.  remember to pamper yourself once a week or so.  even if its just having your nails or toes painted ...and even if you just do it yourself.

GL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • imageAshasaurusRex:

Dudes, seriously? Some of you are being harsh. Lazy POS? Really?

Yeah, the "lazy POS" comment was unwarranted, but I do wish people would have been more honest and frank with me when I was complaining about how tired and crappy I felt at 9 weeks.  That was nothing compared to how tired I have been for the past 6 months.  

• imageAshasaurusRex:
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:

No. I'm not an ahole 85% of the time, and if and when I ever am, it's warranted. you're being an ahole just for the sake of it which is just annoying.

There's also a difference between the cold hard truth and being an ahole just to be an ahole. My son is on Medicaid right now because H just switched jobs and won't have insurance for 90. I guess me and my family are lazy PsOS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:

Heaven forbid something happens to your boyfriend and you are unemployed with a house payment and a baby to feed. 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
  • imageAshasaurusRex:

OP, take one day at a time. it will get better once you are in your second trimester. I know you said you are sick but you need to eat, you need a lot of protein, It will give you energy and even though it doesn't seem like it, it will help your nausea. Try things like Greek yogurt, it has lots of protein and it's easy to get down. Also make sure you are taking your prenatal every day. If it makes you sick you might want to try one that's not a one-a-day (if that's what you have) since that's a lot of iron all at once and can make you nauseous. HTH, and hope you feel better.

This is great advice! Greek Yogurt does help alot, and if you can't handle the kinds with fruit just eat the vanilla kind, or if you can handle plain  (Yuck lol)

I still have to take my prenatals at night or I get very sick from them, But oddly at night they don't bother me at all.

Also about the medicare, I wish I coulda got it, instead I found out I was pregnant almost a month after I quit my job to become a SAHM, and now I have to pay almost 500 bucks a month for cobra. ;(

• imageValentineGirl:
    imageAshasaurusRex:

Yeah, the "lazy POS" comment was unwarranted, but I do wish people would have been more honest and frank with me when I was complaining about how tired and crappy I felt at 9 weeks.  That was nothing compared to how tired I have been for the past 6 months.  

I agree to a point, I think people gotta realize there's a difference with being frank, and being rude right? And yeah Lazy POS was super uncalled for. =(

Kudos to the mom's offering good advice as to what helped them get through these rough times. This is what OP needs is options to help her, not kick her while she's down. And I am not talking about sugar coating anything, Life's hard, having a baby is hard, caring for the baby after they come out is hard. Hell caring for a baby while getting pregnant again when the baby is only 4 months old is hard (points at self) Trust me I know what hard is! lol 

So yeah feeling like SH!t while caring for DS has been pretty freaken hard. I just take it one day at a time. Only good thing is I get to nap with him anytime he does =D

*edit* sorry to reply after a reply, you guys are replying so fast that I wanted to touch on other points*

• imageAshasaurusRex:
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:

I've never considered you an a$$hole, Ash...But I'll compliment you with a nice betch title Party!!!

• why is everyone talking about ash's asswhole?  ::walks out of post still confused::

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• imageDeadOktober:
    imageAshasaurusRex:
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:

I've never considered you an a$$hole, Ash...But I'll compliment you with a nice betch title Party!!!

Why thank you:).

• Wow!  You guys are pretty nasty!

I run a software company, have a 22 month old and am a workaholic, but first tri sucks and I would rather crawl in bed and not move all day.  And in fact, some days I do. 

Don't listen to the bitter crazies on this board and just know it gets a lot better.  I completely agree with the advice to take it day by day.

• image1sTimeMom2Ella:

Damn lady hormones hit your B$tch side hard!

• Woah. This post is crazy! I'm all for being an *** when it's warranted, but sh!t ladies(and I think you all are fantastic)! Some of you are being a little harsh on the poor girl.

OP Yes, it sucks, but I partially agree that you may want to think of bucking up a little because the rest of your pregnancy will suck if you don't. I mean, I was carrying a chainsaw up and down the mountain with morning sickness(all day barfiness) and I truly didn't want to work either, but you do what you have to do and you will get through this.

Have you talked to your doc about zofran? It did wonders. I also found that eating a little bit every hour or so helped quite a bit. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWenteBride08:

Wow!  You guys are pretty nasty!

I run a software company, have a 22 month old and am a workaholic, but first tri sucks and I would rather crawl in bed and not move all day.  And in fact, some days I do. 

Don't listen to the bitter crazies on this board and just know it gets a lot better.  I completely agree with the advice to take it day by day.

It does not get better for some people.  My DS was over 10 lbs at birth and 9 weeks was a cake walk compared to 39 weeks.  

When someone posts in all caps that they don't want to work and whines about how crappy they feel at 9 weeks, some sh!t is deserved.   I'm glad some folks were helpful, but because I was frank doesn't make me bitter.  Just a realist.  

• imageRyAnsMoMMy123:

Woah. This post is crazy! I'm all for being an *** when it's warranted, but sh!t ladies(and I think you all are fantastic)! Some of you are being a little harsh on the poor girl.

OP Yes, it sucks, but I partially agree that you may want to think of bucking up a little because the rest of your pregnancy will suck if you don't. I mean, I was carrying a chainsaw up and down the mountain with morning sickness(all day barfiness) and I truly didn't want to work either, but you do what you have to do and you will get through this.

Have you talked to your doc about zofran? It did wonders. I also found that eating a little bit every hour or so helped quite a bit. GL!

Are you a lumberjack? 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

• imageTitts McGeee:
    imageRyAnsMoMMy123:

Woah. This post is crazy! I'm all for being an *** when it's warranted, but sh!t ladies(and I think you all are fantastic)! Some of you are being a little harsh on the poor girl.

Are you a lumberjack? 

When you say lumberjack it makes me think of the brawny guy in the plaid shirt. LOL. For a few years I gladed new ski runs, so not exactly a lumberjack, but similar...minus the plaid shirt, beard and manliness. haha

• imageWenteBride08:

Wow!  You guys are pretty nasty!

Well screw you nicely with a staple gun.  I have twins and work 4-10 hour days (+2 hour commute) and I watch the girls on day a week plus weekends.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

OP - I'm not going to tell you it gets easier because it doesn't always.  It will get more tolerable.  The newborn stage is very difficult but, for us, it got better. 

And don't listen to the wench who said you are a Lazy POS if you go on gov't assistance.  She doesn't know what she's talking about.

::throws down mic::

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageTitts McGeee:
    imageRyAnsMoMMy123:

Are you a lumberjack? 

Bahaha.  I'm glad I read this because it's slow it work and I'm bored.  

OP - you don't even know what "tired" is yet :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • yowza, I will absolutely think twice before posting up on here again. Thank you to everyone who gave me some good advice, I really appreciate it. I'm not looking for anything to be sugarcoated and I appreciate your honesty and tough love. As for the people who were down right mean, I'm sorry that you are so miserable that you need to go onto a pregnancy website where women are looking for help and support and call them a piece of ***. I am by no means lazy nor have I ever been. I work very hard and my career is very important to me. ALl of the being said, it does not stop the fact that I feel terrible. I do not think pregnancy is going to be easy and I do not think that I am going to be a bad or lazy mother simply because I feel horrible in my first trimester. This was absolutely not what I was looking for when I post on here. Again, thank you for all the good advice to the people who;s feedback came from a good place.
  • Ryansmommy I will forevermore picture you like this. And I think you're pretty badass.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

• imageTitts McGeee:

Ryansmommy I will forevermore picture you like this. And I think you're pretty badass.

Bahahaha! How did you get my picture? Seriously though, I said I wasn't manly and I don't have an underbite. lol.

• imageTitts McGeee:

Ryansmommy I will forevermore picture you like this. And I think you're pretty badass.

sooo epic!

• imageLilena:
    It gets better, the very beginning and the very end of pregnancy is the worst IMO. 2nd trimester isn't as bad. Like someone else nicely put, just take it one day at a time. We all went through it.

Not true for everyone.  I was puking my entire pregnancy and on Zofran the entire 40 weeks.  I still worked my butt off the entire time and went into labor while at work, 2 days before my due date. 

My advice, OP, suck it up.  You're not the first person who has been pregnant in this world.  And you clearly need the money, so buck up and work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Think of first tri as a prelude to being a mom.  You'll be sick, you'll be tired, it won't matter-moms don't get a day off....
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageLilena:

imageGhostMonkey:
    imageLilena:
    not always. Mine got progresively worse with each passing month.

Well of course that "could" happen, but for the most part I'm pretty sure most would say 2nd trimester is okay.

Mine got progressively worse as well. I was sick until 28 weeks, then got a break for 8 weeks then it started up again. I was put of modified bedrest during my second tri.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"