January 2012 Moms

Scale was not my friend :(

Oh my, the scale was not my friend this morning at my OB appointment!  Everything with LO sounded good though, I'm hoping next month's visit goes better!  I'm also really starting to swell, which I totally expected based on the experiences of my mom and sister but hoping it would hold off longer!  I can't wait for cooler weather!
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scale was not my friend :(

• Sorry to hear that!  I had an appt like that 1.5 months ago-- but since then haven't gained a pound!  I'm not worried about not gaining bc baby is healthy & I gained a lot at first.  Hope you have a similar experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Everyone gains at different paces...I'm hoping it slowed a little or I'm in trouble at my next appointment!!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for making me feel a little better ladies!  The OB actually said "it's a good thing these babies are cute, cause we go through a lot for them!"  Isn't that the truth!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Don't stress! I didn't gain anything for the first few months and have gained a few pounds in the last couple weeks. I think it's bound to happen with how quickly the baby is growing.The weight gain is them, not you! :):):)
    DD 1.18.2012
  • imageSoonToBeMsP:
    The weight gain is them, not you! :):):)

I like that lol.

GreenHood Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry about it at all!!  You'll have appointments like your last one, and then others where you don't gain as much.  As long as you feel good and are making healthy choices (most of the time), your body is going to do what it needs to do.  With my first pregnancy, I ended up gaining almost 30 lbs, but I think between weeks 36 and 37 gained 4 pounds!!  And I think there had been only 5 days between the appointments, too!  My OB was entertained.  You will have random water retention/constipation/etc. days.  All those lovely things.  I had also eaten a gigantic burger the night before my weigh in, so that was a factor, too!  Fall is coming, so hopefully that'll help with the swelling!
  • I've gained 20lbs already! Beat y'all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lol, LOVE that! :)

As far as I go, I lost 3lbs & baby is in "excellent health". I totally agree with every pregnancy being different!

• I had a couple of really swollen days while we were on vacation  - it was hot and we were walking a lot, and I probably had more salt than usual.  Don't feel bad about one weigh in.  Just try to drink a ton of water and avoid getting too hot.  Feel better :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"