January 2012 Moms
Options

losing baby weight

I am worried about having a baby in January when it will likely be very cold and possibly snow/icy that I won't be able to get back in shape.  Also I know that there are indoor exercises in my house but I just love being outside and worry about getting cabin fever or not getting fresh air because I will be worried about the warmth and safety of my baby.

Re: losing baby weight

• Options

can you do mall walking? I know that sounds silly but if you find other new moms maybe you could go together?

• Options

Don't rush yourself. For the first couple months, you will be focused on healing and taking care of your baby. I am sure you will be all ready to go by spring but don't feel guilty for taking a couple months to just let your body recover from pg and delivery.

On a side note, I will have to walk baby to school for DS every day and I plan to wear them with some sort of winter outfit on. That way they will be warmer. I am sure a short walk outside will be just fine for baby. Just make sure they have a good hat and that most of their skin is covered if it's super cold.

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a stroller workout class, like Stroller Strides, Stroller Power, etc. That way you can get out and socialize and have LO with you. They do indoor classes in Rec centers and outdoor classes in parks, etc. when the weather is nicer. I haven't done them myself, but am planning to try them out this time around. With DS I lost weight from breastfeeding and was worried that exercise (more than walking, etc.) would impact my supply.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I can't help with the getting out because I live in a warm climate, but I lost the baby weight within 6 months by joining Jenny Craig. It was awesome for me. I had no thinking, counting points, measuring, etc. I just went and got my food, which was very good by the way which helped because i had no food to prepare. I loved it and will be doing it again this time for sure! 
    image image

• Options
    I'm actually glad I'll be having the baby in January.  I feel like it gives me a few months before I have to worry about putting on a swimsuit!  Could you and a friend maybe take some classes at a local gym once you are feeling up to it?  I get pretty self conscious exercising in front of others (stupid I know), so I'll probably get a couple of videos to follow along with at home.  Maybe some yoga!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Right now I am worried about gaining the baby weight Wink

I plan on joining weight watchers.  I am not sure what your financial situation will allow, but I have a treadmill which I plan on using as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm thinking about stealing my mom's elipcital (sp), bc she doesn't use it much.  I really liked running on the Wii Fit that I borrowed, so I think that I'll get a running game for my Wii (since you don't need the board) bc I really don't want to run or walk outside in the MI winter.
  • Options

I guess this is one of the reasons I love being in the military pregnant. I get 6 weeks of convalescent leave... after that I have no choice but to get back out there are lose the weight. As soon as I get clearance to exercise I will be starting back up. Keeping my job depends on losing the weight and being within regulation.

If keeping my paycheck isn't worth losing the weight... IDK what is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSunshineK14:
    I'm actually glad I'll be having the baby in January.  I feel like it gives me a few months before I have to worry about putting on a swimsuit!  Could you and a friend maybe take some classes at a local gym once you are feeling up to it?  I get pretty self conscious exercising in front of others (stupid I know), so I'll probably get a couple of videos to follow along with at home.  Maybe some yoga!

This is how I feel too! I'm glad it'll be winter so I can wear big bulky clothes for a couple months. But I also plan to exercise at home or at the gym.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"