November 2011 Moms

Pottery Barn Kids Glider!

I had been looking at the Pottery Barn Kids gliders for a little while and LOVED them but due to the price we were unsure if it was worth the money. Then my parents offered to buy us the chair as a gift. I called to order and found out that they are backordered in Canada until December and in the states it could be ready for right around my due date and my husband would have a long drive to go pick it up. Needless to say I am VERY disappointed. They are expensive but so stylish and if you`ve sat in one you know they are sooo comfortable.

Does anyone know if there`s somewhere else I can order the PBK glider or by chance anyone who would be selling a used one?  In the alternative one that looks very similar and is comfortable? I personally do not really like the Dutailier gliders. I like the look of the upholstered ones.  Thanks!!

Re: Pottery Barn Kids Glider!

• My parents bought two gliders for their living room last summer and they are AMAZING.  They were pricey - about $800-900 a piece, but sooo comfortable.  They bought them at a regular furniture store, so there were at least a hundred different fabric options.  If that was in our price range for our nursery that's what I would have bought.

Pottery Barn furniture is (in my opinion) way over-priced, for both adult and kid stuff.  My mom has a lot of stuff from there and the quality is only okay.  Try looking at local furniture stores, you can probably find something just as nice!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*

• While I was prepared to spend that much on my glider and ottoman, I didn't feel right about it!!  I looked at everything - Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, etc. and then I finally went to Babies R Us.  It was there that I fell in love with a big, cushy chenille chair called the Serenity or something...but the online reviews were absolutely awful and even though it was the most affordable chair I'd found, I just couldn't buy it knowing how bad the reviews were.  And then I found this chair on Amazon that was very similar in style and materials, and saw it was also available at Walmart, and all the reviews were amazing AND it was very affordable AND it was available (only at Walmart though, it had sold out on Amazon by the time I made the decision and it's back ordered there for 2-5 months).  One of the reviewers said it was like sitting in a down comforter, and many said they routinely fell asleep in it - and it just looks like the kind of chair that you could snooze in and be totally comfortable.  

I bought the round back, but the square back looks great too:

In the end, I felt GREAT about the fact that I got the chair plus the ottoman with shipping and tax for LESS than just the chair from Pottery Barn.  And this chair looks a lot better anyway!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I purchases a Little Castle glider.  They are not inexpensive but they are very comfortable!
  •  Don't know if you are interested in a used one but  I found a  great and cute  used  glider and ottoman  through a moms and kids support  center . I would check out craigslist or for sale  boards outside moms supports centers. Mine has a couple of stains on the ottoman but heck it was a bargain . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • I wanted a PBK glider, but didn't want to spend that much money on one.  I bought one at BRU.  It's not as tailored as the PBK one, but it was extremely comfortable.  If you order at the store, you can pick your own fabric color.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4237344&searchURL=false

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageellenbc:
    I purchases a Little Castle glider.  They are not inexpensive but they are very comfortable!

I went with the Little Castle too from BUY BUY Baby.  Got to pick from tons of fabrics.  The downside though, its an 8 to 14 wait time to receive so I could be without one for up to the first month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"