3rd Trimester

Getting tubes tied after labor?

I'm pregnant with number three and my two previous births were vaginal. Is it unheard of to ask your doctor to get your tubes tied vaginally? I'm trying to avoid a C-Section just to get my tubes tied... Thanks in advance...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting tubes tied after labor?

• I think it would be better to have your Dh get a V if you are not having a c-section, it is much less invasive.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I discussed it with my doc and he advised for DH to get a vasectomy. He said it would be a lot less invasive than having my tubes tied vaginally.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had 3 vaginal births and I'm hopnig for the same this time around. We just scheduled DH's vasectomy. It will be much less invasive than me getting my tubes tied. Plus, if I had to push out 4 kids, he can take this one for the team and get the snippity snip.
  • No, I'm sure they can do it.  But I would ask your DH to get a vesectomy instead cause it's safer.  My DH is getting it done cause he doesn't think I should have to do it, seeing as I had our THREE boys. HAHA!!

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • My doctor won't do it during delivery.  He said he will discuss it at my 6 week Post Partum appointment.

There is also another procedure that is non-surgical and can be done vaginally. It is called Essure.  I hear it is even less invasive than a vasectomy.  You could inquire about that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If your doc is doing a tubal, they won't do it during a vaginal delivery.  Most ladies I've known that had it done after their last child had it scheduled for a day or two after their delivery & had it done via laparoscopy.  
  • You can't get them tied vaginally. They would do it by laparoscopy (little holes as opposed to a big incision). You can get essure (the coils) but I doubt they would be trying to insert anything after delivery.
  • My doctor said she can tie my tubes via an incision in my belly button which works right away or vaginally but you have to go back a few weeks later for a die test to make sure it takes. Both procedures she will not due until my 6 week post partum check up.

If I had a c-section she may do it then but I have to ask her as I have no plans of a c-s if I can help it. Also check with the hospital you are delivering at. Many of the hospital around here have catholic affiliation and will not allow it to be performed there. My hospital is not of catholic affiliation but my OB does it as an in office procedure. 

• imagemabst196:
    You can't get them tied vaginally. They would do it by laparoscopy (little holes as opposed to a big incision). You can get essure (the coils) but I doubt they would be trying to insert anything after delivery.

Actually it can be done vaginally so their are no external scars.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"