2nd Trimester

Where is everyone registering?

I'm gathering most everyone's #1 pick is BRU.  Where is everyone else registering?  Do you mommies prefer one over the other?  Any hints about all this before I get started?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where is everyone registering?

• Probably Diapers.com and Amazon. I've heard that BRU has an awful return policy.
  • I'm registering at Buy Buy Baby.  This store is AMAZING!!! It is owned by the same company as Bed Bath and Beyond.  Check and see if there is one near you...you will love it!

www.buybuybaby.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am just registering at Target since that is the only store close to us (70 miles if you consider that close). If BRU was anywhere close (the nearest one is over 200 miles away) I think I would probably register there. I have heard that Target doesn't have a good return policy, but we registered there and JCP when we got married. I thought Target was a lot better with returns then JCP was...of course that was over 5 years ago. 
  • imagecole513:

I'm registering at Buy Buy Baby.  This store is AMAZING!!! It is owned by the same company as Bed Bath and Beyond.  Check and see if there is one near you...you will love it!

www.buybuybaby.com

Oh I so wish!!  There isn't one near us!  Boo!

• I registered at BRU.  I had my shower already and I've had no problem with returning things. 
  • We've registered at BRU and Buy Buy Baby.  Maybe they have a lot of the same things but we found a lot of things we liked at both stores.  Not sure it was the smartest way to go but that's what we're doing!
  • I'm registering at BRU and at Target. Some of the baby gear is more expensive at BRU when at Target it's cheaper for the same brand travel systems, pack'n'plays etc. I'm doing two because my family is scattered across the country but everyone has either a Target or BRU locally. I'm considering putting some little things on both registries for friends to be able to contribute without paying an arm and a leg. My sister recommended to not opt out on people giving you gift cards to the store where you're registered. I know opening gifts at the shower is fun but she has a point! She said it helped a lot when her babies got into 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes because most of her shower gifts were 0-3 months, so she could enjoy shopping for the babies without having to strain her budget too much! And if at the last minute she forgot something essential my brother in law just grabbed a gift card and was out the door! Congrats and enjoy! Registries are fun to make!
  • I will be registering at BRU and buy buy baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • We're registered at BRU and Diapers.com. I would probably do buybuybaby instead if there was a store closer, but BRU is more accessible for everyone. We're doing diapers.com since we're doing cloth diapers and their prices are a little better on some things than BRU.
  • We registered at Buy Buy Baby on the DW, I was concerned at first because even though it is local for us there aren't many locations for my family and friends to shop at. Most of which are in Mass but close enough to the NH line. I also registered for a few bedding items at Pottery Barn.  We are having a boy and I've had a hard time finding cute boy decor which is how I ended up with a PBkids registery too.

I've heard BBB has a good return policy and I like their stuff a little more than BRU although most of it is the same.  In terms of pricing I found the carriage I wanted at BBB and checked the prices elsewhere only to see it for $80 more at Target! (Peg Perego PlikoP3 Stroller)

• We did Target and BRU
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we'll probably do Target. I've found bedding and a stroller on their website that I love. We registered there for our wedding almost 3 years ago and had no problems returning things we didn't need or got duplicated.
  • BRU and Target (if they ever get their S!*T together)
    I suggest bringing a friend who recently had a kid. Man if my GF didnt come with me to BRU I would have been so lost. They give you a little paper but there was junk on there not needed. And since both of my girls had babies and toddlers they knew what was good and what was junk and what things you'd really need and not really need. So bring a friend!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Probably BRU (because it's expected) and Amazon.  All of our family is out of town so I know a lot of people will be shipping things to us so Amazon makes that really easy.  Plus I just love amazon and stuff tends to be on there for good prices.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BRU & Amazon.  The prices are so much better at Amazon, but I hesitated to have an online-only registry because I think there are a lot of people that like to shop in person, so we did both.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • I actually found a really cute bedding set at Kmart (for about half the price of the one I liked at BRU), so I'll be registering at Kmart and BRU.

• With DD1 I did BRU and Target.  I mainly did Target b/c I found bedding and decor that I liked better than BRU.

• Target and BRU
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amazon!!!!  I just transferred over my registry from BRU and Pottery Barn Baby today.  They have a universal button so that you can add anything on the internet to it.  You get 10% off anything left on your registry and you also get 365 day return policy on most items.
  • Guess I'm in the minority since I absolutely cannot stand BRU.. I am registering at BBB and Target or Amazon. Still trying to decide on the second place..

Photobucket

Anniversary

• We are registered at Babies R Us and Target but I am thinking of registering for a few things on Amazon, even though I may not tell people about it (That way we can get the 10% off of everything that we can't find at target or Babies R Us). We don't have a Buy Buy Baby anywhere near us.
  • The universal registry on Amazon is great because you can put anything on your registry. So if you want all the stuff from a certain store or website, you can add it in.
  • Ive also heard terrible things about BRU's return policy (and selection) We are registering at Buy Buy  Baby which has been awesome, and amazon.com which I like because people can "reserve" an item and purchase it somewhere else if they find it cheaper or in a store and dont want to have it shipped.
  • Babies R Us and Walmart:  we registered for items that needed to be strong, sturdy and durable at Babies R Us, and we registered for basics like clothing and baby wash at Walmart!
  • We are registering at Target and Amazon.  I had difficulties in purchasing items off of the BRU registries for many friends and family.  They typically did not carry items in the store or would discontinue them so quickly that they were no longer available.  I like that Amazon will allow you to add anything on the internet to their registry. 
  • BRU and Target with my first, BRU and Amazon with my second, and I have not registered and I might not register at all with this baby (since we have a lot of things already).  I didn't have any problems returning at BRU.  Amazon has great pricing compared with BRU, but not most gifts still came from BRU.  I agree with another post, bring a friend who is a new mom to help pick out things.  Don't get too many newborn size diapers.  read reviews for items but keep in mind all babies are different, so what works for one might not work for your baby.  get enough bibs for all stages (newborn, drooling/teething, jar food feeding, etc.) 

congrats and good luck! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The 10% discount through Amazon only applies to items directly sold by them and not 3rd party sellers.  Keep that in mind.

• I've registered at BRU & Walmart.  I like both of them, and have been able to find every thing I need/want between the two.
    BFP 5.31.2011 ~*~ Michael Joseph ~*~ BORN 2.8.2012
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So, yes...Babies 'R' Us is where we went first, but we're also registered at Target. Wal Mart always has recalls on their baby stuff, and it never seems as good in quality as the other 2 we picked. We contemplated Burlington, but just opted for an easier to find store for our 2nd choice.

• Amazon. Because we can get ANYTHING we want, and our family all over the country can have it shipped to us easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"