3rd Trimester

If you are measuring big...

When did you start measuring big/ahead? I am measuring true to my weeks at this point. With my first children I measured 2 weeks ahead and they were born 2 weeks ahead. I can't remember when they started measuring that way though. I sure would like to think this one will come a couple weeks early too, but I am doubtful.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you are measuring big...

• I've been measuring a week ahead since I was at 33 weeks, I believe.  I'm 37, but measured at 38 at my last appt last week.  This is uncharted territory for me, because my other two boys always measured right on with my count.  I think this little guy is coming a week early. I feel it in my bones!
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • I've been measuring ahead all along as far as I know. The first time they mentioned it was at the NT scan. They said I was about a week ahead. They said the same thing at my a/s at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been measuring big 2 weeks ahead from the beginning and I am 39 weeks 1 day and little Man is not even showing signs of being readdy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too have been measuring 2 weeks bigger..They bumped my due date one week ahead...but he's still measuring 1 week bigger...I'm 37 weeks tomorrow...so He can come anytime now.. he he
  • I've been measuring ahead since my anatomy scan..approx 2 weeks ahead...or >97% for my DD
  • I've ben measuring a week ahead from about 22 weeks on. My first two I always measured small, the first was two weeks late, the second we induced on due date and my son measured on time, but was two weeks early. I don't know if it means you go early or not, but I'm hopeful this time around... :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ( checking out 3rd tri-mester as i hope to be here soon!)  

last week at my 25 week apt. was when i started measuring ahead. I was perfect at my 21 week apt.  I was 25 weeks measuring at 27 and a few days though lol.  they only moved my due date up by two days though!
  • With DC1 I measured right on track the whole time.

With DC2 I started measuring ahead at 28 weeks

28 weeks but measured 31 weeks

30 weeks but measured 33 weeks (had growth u/s)

Next appt is next week at 32 weeks 

Will have another growth u/s at 36 weeks. 

• I have almost always measure large, but this past appt was a shocker! I was 38 weeks and was measuring at 43! My dr said that it is just the way he is positioned. I have gained 27 pounds and I think 20-23 of it is in my belly, he just sticks straight out! So although measurements are a solid predictor of baby's size and due date, there are always other factors to consider. He's definitely not here yet, even though mommy is MORE than ready!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I measured consistently 2-3 weeks ahead at every appt since they started measuring me. I gave birth at 40w2d to an 8lb3oz baby girl. So the measurements didn't make a difference for me!
  • I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 25 weeks(she measured 27) but I just had an U/S last week(38 weeks) and she's measuring right on track. Estimated 7 lbs 15 oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"