Babies: 0 - 3 Months

white grape juice to relieve constipation?

anyone giving anything to their lo on a consistent basis to relieve constipation? If so what are you giving, how often and how long have you been doing it?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

Re: white grape juice to relieve constipation?

• When my son was constipated, the peditrician said we should give him infant pear juice (less sugar).  She said we should give him no more than 1 oz a day.  I found that giving LO 1 oz resulted in diarrhea so I cut it back to 1/2 oz mixed with 1/2 oz water once a day.  This resulted in a bowel so it was not needed consistently. I would suggest checking with your peditrician if your  LO is consistently constipated as it may be caused by formula or something you are eating (if BF).
  • unfortunately she has to be on soy 

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • LO used to be on 1 oz prune juice mixture once a day to help her have unpainful stool.  Because she's FF, we changed her formula.  I was told by everyone to use prune juice.
    Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker
  • I wouldn't give anything that is food related such as juices without first consulting your pediatrician as 2 months is really early to be introducing food other than BM or formula. There are medical reasons why you don't introduce certain items at a young age due to the immaturity of the gastrointestinal system and the potential dangers that you may present

My pediatrician recommended glycerin suppositories and/or a little vaseline inserted in the rectum and that works well for constipation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just had our 4 month check up (1 1/2 months adjusted).  Sophie has been dealing with difficult bowel movements.  She only goes about every 3 days and it's difficult for her to go.  We had been using Glycerin Suppositories, but the pediatrician said we could now start giving her up to 2 ounces of apple juice a day.  We started out slowly  1/2 ounce of "baby" apple juice and increased it to 1 ounce.  

Check with your baby's pediatrician before adding juice (even if you just call the office).   

Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • I've only heard of prune juice actually. Haven't had to use either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the pedi said 1 ounce white grape juice 1 ounce water in between feedings 3 - 4 times a day.  Unfortunately it hasn't worked yet. 

image image
  • imageCat-in-Boston:

I wouldn't give anything that is food related such as juices without first consulting your pediatrician as 2 months is really early to be introducing food other than BM or formula. There are medical reasons why you don't introduce certain items at a young age due to the immaturity of the gastrointestinal system and the potential dangers that you may present

My pediatrician recommended glycerin suppositories and/or a little vaseline inserted in the rectum and that works well for constipation.

I agree with this entire post.  My pedi also recommended the bolded part as well for any constipation issues.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we give half water half apple juice but only when she is constipated. we use the suppositories or petroleum jelly inserted with a baby thermometer  only if the water/apple juice does not work. our pedi suggested all these.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"