Babies: 3 - 6 Months

FP Seahorse

Thinking of getting one.  Anyone have pos/neg reviews of it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FP Seahorse

• I wanted one for DD but couldn't find one at a store.  I'm in Canada so maybe they don't ship them here????  I'm not huge about online shopping so I picked up the little Violet Scout made by Leap Frog and DD LOVES it!  We've only been using it for 2 days but so far it has helped with putting her down for naps.
  • Have only heard good things - is available on Amazon. I got him the Glo Worm, though, which is basically the same thing (or super similar). He adores it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love that thing. It has been known to sooth LO, help him fall back to sleep, and a friend to cuddle with. He is inexpensive and has been a life saver for me at 3am. It also has helped me calm him when he is being distracted while trying to BF (which is happening a lot lately). Even if LO just uses the seahorse as a toy, it's worth the price. LO loves to "talk" to him, listen to his music, watch the light, and chew on his fins.

I got mine at WalMart. $12.

I've changed the batteries once and we have had it for about two months.

The only con I can see is getting yours on Amazon. Then you are paying way too much and waiting for it to be shipped.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we love it! My 2.5 yr old still sleeps with his, he loves it! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Great, thanks!  I saw one at Target a couple weeks ago for maybe $12 so I think I'll go back & pick it up. 

• imagemullenem:
    Love it...we call it "The Magic Seahorse."  We had one and then went out and bought another so we didn't have to keep taking it back and forth to daycare everyday.
    This exactly!
  • LO loves it
    Baby Birthday Tichttp://www.thebump.com/profiles/junebug555/settings/avatar/Index#ker Ticker
  • DD1 loved hers and so does DD2.  It has a 100% approval rating in our house!
  • We LOVE ours! LO falls asleep to it every night. Something about the warm glow soothes her. Sometimes she cuddles up to it or tries to use it as a pillow. We call it the "crack horse" in our home. Definitely recommend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use it every night to get Sophia to sleep.  She fights sleep and it really does work!
  • imagehokiemel7:
    We LOVE ours! LO falls asleep to it every night. Something about the warm glow soothes her. Sometimes she cuddles up to it or tries to use it as a pillow. We call it the "crack horse" in our home. Definitely recommend!

LOL at "crack horse" but it's true- that thing is amazing. DD gets hypnotized and when she's awake, she plays with it, talks to it, noms on it; when it's time to sleep it seems to help her relax, too.

Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • We love it, too!  The Violet/Scout is great, too, but the seahorse is better for sleep for us.  Scout gets him excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My baby doesn't care about the Seahorse at all. However, he goes bat sh*t crazy for this toy:
    Infantino Lulla Buddy Crib Companion Soother

He smiles and coos more for this lamb than he does for me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejbdec28:
    I wanted one for DD but couldn't find one at a store.  I'm in Canada so maybe they don't ship them here????  I'm not huge about online shopping so I picked up the little Violet Scout made by Leap Frog and DD LOVES it!  We've only been using it for 2 days but so far it has helped with putting her down for naps.

My DD is also IN LOVE with Violet!

• I love it! Oh... so does LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our LO loves, loves, loves his seahorse!  Definitely recommend!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a backup.

It is that vital to our evening survival.

• imageNothingLikeBarbie:
    My baby doesn't care about the Seahorse at all. However, he goes bat sh*t crazy for this toy:
    Infantino Lulla Buddy Crib Companion Soother

He smiles and coos more for this lamb than he does for me!

This!!! It doesn't really help with sleep, but it has made her stop fussing and she just loves it in general!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    diagnosed with heterozygous Factor V Leiden 2008; m/c 11/09 @ 5 1/2 wks; m/c 5/10 @ 4 1/2 wks; RLP testing done, diagnosed with antiphospholipid syn. and low progesterone; 7/10 started on Heparin injections & progesterone supps @ 3 dpo, BFP 8/9/10!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Get one! I was skeptical at first and was thinking how good can it really be. My LO LOVES it. I can put him in his crib awake, with his seahorse and he is asleep within minutes.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My baby girl loves her glowy.
  • imagejbdec28:
    I wanted one for DD but couldn't find one at a store.  I'm in Canada so maybe they don't ship them here????  I'm not huge about online shopping so I picked up the little Violet Scout made by Leap Frog and DD LOVES it!  We've only been using it for 2 days but so far it has helped with putting her down for naps.

This.. and then i found one hidden on the shelves at Zellers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"