August 2011 Moms

Stephanie Grace is here!!!!

On Thursday August 11th at 8:11am Stephanie was delivered via C-section.  She was 19.5 inches long and weighed in at 8lbs 6oz.  She was a surprise breech baby...she flipped to breech some time between late Tuesday night and Thursday morning.  She came out crying and looked beautiful when they lifted her over the curtain for me to see her.  DH and my dad were in the OR with me and they held her before I could.  Due to her being big for her gestational age (39W1D) they had to test her blood sugar levels for 3 hours before she was able to have her bath and get cleaned up.  As soon as I could I was able to start breastfeeding, I had to wait for them to hook me up for monitoring before I could latch her for the first time.  We stayed in the hospital for 5 days because Stephanie lost 11% of her birth weight.  She has been gaining weight and is doing awesome with the breastfeeding.  It's been a tough 12 days, but we are all in love with her.  Her big brother loves to give her kisses and my parents love her so much!  I'd insert a picture, but I don't know how to.  I did post a picture of her up on the facebook group page for those on there to see today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...

Re: Stephanie Grace is here!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"