Maryland Babies

Whoa...that quake was scary!!!!

I work in super old historic building, so I thought the building was coming down!  I'm afraid to be in here this very minute! 

What were you doing during quake 082311???  LOL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whoa...that quake was scary!!!!

• I don't post here much but I just felt that too! My building shakes every time a truck goes by, so the earthquake really did a number on it. That definitely freaked me out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was freaky!  My building was evacuated, but they didn't know the procedures to clear it for us to go back in, so we sat outside for about an hour.  Sitting on the ground at 30w pregnant in the sun, and I didn't grab my water, I was about to get a little grumpy.  If only I had grabbed my keys and purse, I'd have gone home! 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh! That totally sent my anxiety through the roof. It's my 1st week back at work AND was LO's 1sy day of daycare!
  • I was home with the kids! I just put them down for nap when the shaking started.  A few things fell off of our shelves, and the whole building rattled. I ended up getting them back up and hustled them outside to see what was going on.
  • I was at work in Largo, we weren't sure what was going on for a minute, then we were all rushed outside. We sat around for about a half hour then were told we could go home. Luckily I had grabbed my purse so I had everything I needed from my desk with me.
  • imageBillysGrl27:
    Ugh! That totally sent my anxiety through the roof. It's my 1st week back at work AND was LO's 1sy day of daycare!

Oh no, I'm so sorry!  I hope today is a lot better for you! 

• I'm a teacher. We were setting up our rooms before the kids get back next week, so it was hectic anyway. Luckily I was in my room with a male teacher who was helping me move cabinets, and he said, "Get in the doorway." We were evacuated almost immediately after. We stood outside for a while then they told us it was ok to go in, but we could also leave if we wanted. Some people's rooms got messed up, especially on the 2nd floor. Luckily nothing else was damaged. Our school is old but apparently sturdy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"