2nd Trimester

Bedroom troubles, anyone else having this?? TMI??

This is my second pregnancy and this happened with the first pregnancy, but its happening so much earlier this time! I have very little sex drive and can't orgasm at all :-/ Does anyone else have this trouble? Any suggestions to "fix" this problem??

Re: Bedroom troubles, anyone else having this?? TMI??

• We just don't do it anymore. We've tried. I just can't. Nothing works, nothing is comfortable, and I can't get into it. It happened in my first pregnancy, too, and is totally normal.

It's not that huge of a deal to me, as I know this is a short time period in our lives, and everything returned well and normal after the first child.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TBH, our sex life has changed drastically.

We do try to have sex but most of the time it is so uncomfortable for me that we only manage a short session, and never to completion these days. It is frustrating for us, but we make do with lots of other activities that are intimate (cuddling, mutual masturbation etc.) but are more comfortable.

H doesn't like to make me uncomfortable so he is very understanding & loving about it all. I am very thankful, but we are both somewhat frustrated, not going to lie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •    I would try doing a nice dinner over candlelight, say over the weekend. Cook sometime nice or bring take out home, something romantic, set the mood. Maybe watch a sexy seductive movie(if you know any) and just take it slow. Ensure hubby smells good and if he's used to shaving, then him have a smooth face. Just try making out and see where that goes!? Seems to get me way more in the mood, if you spend a couple hours flirting and smooth talking then just jumping right in the sac. Good luck. And just remember, like PP said, this isn't a "long" period of your life. I would just suggest romance and foreplay. They may not satisfy you like sex, but they are fulfilling! Have fun with it...think teenage years ;)

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012
  • Yeah we're having a hard time too.  It's hard because I honestly do not feel like it.. pretty much ever.  The few times we have done it.. it's been super uncomfortable and actually the last time it just plain hurt.  We actually had to stop because it was just so uncomfortable for me.  I feel guilty because DH constantly talks about it.. how he's not getting it.. how he doesn't understand how I don't want to.. how he's wondering if he'll ever get it again. lol I mean he hasn't been mean to me about it but it's kinda bothering me. There's no way for me to explain to him how uncomfortable it is for me.. there's no way he'll relate to it but it literally is just not fun at all for me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you able to orgasm on your own right now?

My drive hasn't changed at all but it sure seems like an art to get everything line up right these days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is going to sound just awful, but I'll be honest. I've told my DH that I have little to no drive, but he still tries to initiate it.

So, I let him and I pretend a lot. :/ I mean, sometimes I end up genuinely enjoying myself but mostly- a lot of pretending going on...

• I'm so glad to read all of these posts b/c I've been in the same boat. My DH keeps asking when that sex drive 2nd trimester is going to happen...and it's NOT.  It didn't happen when I was pregnant with DS either. I guess that just doesn't happen to me.  I really don't have ANY sex drive, but DH acts like he is going to die if we go longer than a week.  But being pregnant AND having a 2 yo who is always around mommy would make it hard even if I DID have a sex drive.  I've found it harder to orgasm as well. I don't feel as much, so I will have to use a vibrator or something else if I want to finish at all. I feel like showing this thread to DH lol.  I can tell he thinks it's just me and everyone else has that crazy 2nd honeymoon trimester sex drive.  I would rather sleep :) But I do still have quickie's.  After a week, he's built up and doenst last that long anyway lol...okay, maybe I won't show him this thread lol
  • LMAO Um yes. We are exactly there. DH said a few nights ago (after sex) that he didn't even like it anymore and he just felt bad after because I just don't enjoy it. My fix: masturbate. I'm not going to kill myself having a romp just to get off, we can be intimate in other ways (like shopping together - I love that! LOL).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm with ya!  Poor DH is feeling totally deprived, but I'm just not feeling it, and havent been since I've been pregnant.  I've given him his way a few times, but cant orgasm at all.  So frustrating!  We've been finding "other" ways around the problem that seem to be working for the time being, but I still feel bad for him (and me!)
  • DH and i are also very flustered when it comes to bedroom fun. We have resorted to must foreplay which seems to make transition into more connective activities fun. And tbh I don't think i really care all that much. I know he wants to so I let him do his thing.  But sex has dramatically dropped on my priority list.
  • A nice adult movie to get things started and KY Jelly does wonders!! :)
  • Me.  I was on pelvic restrictions early on due to a low lying placenta, but things are where they should be now.  Trouble is I really don't have much of an interest in sex.  Combine that with DH's bad timing- always interested when I'm half asleep at night.  I'm hoping to see if we can do something to 'spark' something soon.
  • imageniknak1128:
    Yeah we're having a hard time too.  It's hard because I honestly do not feel like it.. pretty much ever.  The few times we have done it.. it's been super uncomfortable and actually the last time it just plain hurt.  We actually had to stop because it was just so uncomfortable for me.  I feel guilty because DH constantly talks about it.. how he's not getting it.. how he doesn't understand how I don't want to.. how he's wondering if he'll ever get it again. lol I mean he hasn't been mean to me about it but it's kinda bothering me. There's no way for me to explain to him how uncomfortable it is for me.. there's no way he'll relate to it but it literally is just not fun at all for me. 

This, word for word. And I couldn't be less interested in resolving the issue, tbh. I've got too much else on my mind, DH can just suck it up for a few months and deal.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"