September 2011 Moms
Options

38wk appt :(

So I am only a little over 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Boo. Not much has changed since last appt. Anyway w/words of encouragement that they went into labor anytime soon with these rates? :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 38wk appt :(

• Options
    I was checked at 38 weeks 4 days and only dilated a fingertip and my cervix was not favorable.

2 days later my water broke!! Also, my SIL was literally 3cm for weeks with her 2nd baby. I know it can be discouraging, but it really means nothing in terms of when labor will start. Just assume you will go past your due date and if you go earlier it will be a surprise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Being dialated means nothing in terms of when you go into labor.  Wehn your body is ready things will happen for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You could go tonight - dilation really means so very little until you are actually in labour!  I know the end sucks.  Big.Time!  I think God does that to us so that we WANT to push the babies out! 

Not too much longer - I know it feels terrible and miserable but in the end it will be SO worth it!

Try to keep your chin up - not too much longer now!

• Options
    Try not to stress Mama.... things will happen for you :) 
  • Options
    Agree with all the above.  The doc I saw for my 38 week didn't even check me.  He says it means nothing in terms of your likely progress toward labor, and rarely does anything but gets moms-to-be all spun up, so unless they demand it he won't even check. 
  • Options

Agree with all the above!  My doctor won't even do cervix checks because he says it means so little.

You're on the home stretch mama!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! with my DD I was 2cm for 2 wks she cam on her due date. I feel like this one is slower! And by the way these dr.s look at me they seem like its may be a while. boo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

When I was preggers with DS1, I was dialted 3cm for about three weeks with nothing (was 37wks).  He came four days after the due date.  

With DS2, I didn't dilated at all 'til the week before he was due and that was only 2cm.  It's a waiting game at this point. : ) 

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    This was me with my DD and I went home and was crying/moaning/b!tching. Yeah I went into labor THAT night!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"