August 2011 Moms
Options

An earthquake....seriously?!

I can not believe I just experienced an earthquake in MD!  Our whole house was shaking and our dining room chandelier was swaying back and forth....crazy!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: An earthquake....seriously?!

• Options
    Yeah! I'm about an hour from DC and we felt it pretty strong. The walls were definitely shaking!
  • Options

me too! I was nursing near a window and wobbled with the babe to a safe place.  Both dogs huddled next to me!

Cell lines are totally down!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in Philadelphia and we felt it here too.  I've never experienced one before!  Now I'm worried about my poor dog at home alone and possibly scared!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha at least your dogs had the sense to huddle with you! I had DS in his moby huddled in a doorway and the dogs were barking at the bedroom doors that were swinging like crazy!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My whole house was swaying in South Philly!!! I never thought I'd experience something like that here! Sad thing is I realized what was happeneing, but I had no idea what to do, I just kinda froze watching my bookcases sway. My stupid dog never even woke up, LOL.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We felt it in central PA too! Creepy! I hope everyone is ok!
  • Options

DH and I think we must have packed them in our luggage...

I thought I left earthquakes back in CA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I felt it here in Baltimore. It was crazy! I'm really praying for no aftershocks.
  • Options
    My family in MA felt it!!
  • Options
    I felt it in Philly!  I was in the shower, and the shower doors started banging together and I felt like I was going to fall over.  I thought I was either going crazy or going in labor!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't feel anything, but my mom was at work and she felt it! 

A lot of the buildings in Boston got evacuated.

Scary stuff! I lived in CA as a child, and remember all the earthquakes! Their crazy!  

10.2.10 Married my best friend! 12.26.10 BFP 8.27.11 Baby Logan's born
  • Options
    I was napping and totally disoriented...and of course not even an earthquake can convince my son to be born!! 
    Baby Merlin! imageDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just signed on to check on all the earthquake area bumpies.  Good to see you all seem to be ok.  I hope there aren't too many aftershocks.  That's crazy.  Good luck everyone! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in MD too and was at work...on the bottom level which is half underground! Pretty sure it's the most scared I've ever been in my life. Thank God everything turned out alright. And we got the afternoon off. I needed it, I'm still shaken up (no pun intended)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I live 30 minutes north of Boston and felt it. I thought I was just dizzy at first, but the whole floor was shaking..crazy.

• Options
    I am 45 minutes from NYC in NJ and felt it here. It was crazy, I was holding the baby and wondering what the hell was going on and if I should go in a doorway. My husband called to confirm that we had an earthquake.
  • Options
    I'm in New Hampshire and I felt it here!  I was sitting in my rocker nursing and the whole place was shaking...I thought something was wrong cuz DH said he didn't feel anything, but after holding still and staring at his tv he realized I wasn't kidding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"