3rd Trimester

sleeping like a baby?

I am so confused right now and this post will get a lot of sarcastic remarks which I am totally prepared for but how in the hell am I sleeping like a baby at almost 37 weeks?!!! I feel like its a dream!!!!!! By no means is this a complaint! I just feel like its christmas and I've gotten my wish :) For the past 2 weeks I've been sleeping very comfortably. I still get up to robotically go to the restroom but wow! Im going to soak this up until its D Day!!!!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sleeping like a baby?

• Are you trying to make us all jealous?!   :)  Enjoy it while it lasts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hahah! I just am shocked? I wondered if anyone else had this happen? I had been sleeping terribly from the very beginning? So I just had to post :) lol I agree I am definitely going to enjoy it while it lasts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have some very good nights and some not so great ones. It depends on how quiet LO is that particular night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't understand the saying "sleeping like a baby" meaning that you slept well.  Babies don't sleep well!  Sleeping like a baby SHOULD mean you woke up 4 times and wet the bed!

Anyway, congrats on getting sleep.  Enjoy!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I went through that at until about 36ish weeks and then it all went away and I can't sleep at ALL anymore. Its awful!!

lol, but it was sooooo nice while it was there :)

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageGBTeacherLady:
    I have some very good nights and some not so great ones. It depends on how quiet LO is that particular night. 

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJanimal:

I don't understand the saying "sleeping like a baby" meaning that you slept well.  Babies don't sleep well!  Sleeping like a baby SHOULD mean you woke up 4 times and wet the bed!

Anyway, congrats on getting sleep.  Enjoy!

Haha, this. I never understood that phrase. Babies (typically) do not sleep well at all!

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• This was me up until about a week ago.  I toss and turn all night long

but i rarely get up to go to the bathroom

• I am due in 4 days and have yet to have a bad night's sleep this entire pregnancy.  Everyone I know thinks I am crazy!  But I am not complaining, I agree with the fact that we need to enjoy this before the LOs arrive because there will be no sleeping through the night then.  Enjoy it while it lasts, and yes this happened to me! We must be the lucky ones!
  • I didn't sleep too well when I was prego, but after DS was born I sleep SO GOOD now!! He started STTN at 7wks, so since then I've been sleeping soooo good. I always tell people that I get WAY better sleep now then I ever did. For some reason everyone thinks once you have a child you don't sleep anymore. NOT true here!! Good for you MOMMA!!
  • Enjoy it while you can!

I woke up at 1:30 a.m. on Saturday night/Sunday morning and was up for the day, and then I only got 5 hours of sleep last night.  Believe me, I'd do anything to get one entire week of normal sleep.

• After reading these replies, I've decided I hate you all.  J/k.  Sort of.
  • As long as I work that day, I sleep like the dead! So far. I really hope it doesn't go away.... Last night, for instance, after working 8 hours, I slept from 12:30pm to 11:45.... I was awake for maybe an hour total in the middle though, because DH came home (works overnight) and I wanted to say hello and eat some cereal. I also got up twice to pee but I just fall right back asleep. I know it's still early but I think as long as I can stand to work, I'll probably be able to sleep at night.

Although I do have bad nights too, just not very often. A few nights ago I couldn't get comfortable and I was just cranky... but the next night I slept 9-10 hours, waking only to pee, so in the end it worked out. 

I'm scared of not being able to sleep. Especially now that I'm in the home stretch. It seems unfair that sleeplessness occurs when we need it most!! 

• I slept wonderful my entire pregnancy and this one as well... Only this time my toddler is up at least once per night and that makes it hard to get any rest, since he is 2 and always been a horrible sleeper. And FTR, "sleeping like a baby" should be changed to something else, because last time I checked my baby never slept well and neither does my now toddler.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"