1st Trimester
Options

Maternity clothes HELP!

Well I've officially gotten to the point at 12 wks that I can't button my pants and still be comfortable wearing them for more than five minutes. I bought a BellaBand and it works great! Although it works, it is kind of annoying when I run errands and have to get in and out of the car and adjust it every two minutes. I went to Target looking for Maternity pants and unfortunately they had literally 2 pairs in my size. I went up a size and the problem I found with everything I tried on was that the legs were too short!

Does anyone have any suggestions on other places to get cute and affordable maternity jeans? We have no Pea in the Pod or specific maternity stores near me, so the typical mall stores are all the options I really have. Any suggestions? Thanks ladies! 

Re: Maternity clothes HELP!

• Options
    JCPenny, Burlington coat factory, Ross
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Old Navy, Kohls and consignment stores! Or, check Craig's List!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea I checked out Old Navy and they had like no selection either! Not sure why but it seems the stores around me have poor selection, which is bad because I live in a military town so there are always tons of wives and girlfriends who are pregnant! It's great, a trip to Walmart is like a digital cammo+ baby bump convention. I'll check out Kohls and more of the department stores tomorrow. Thanks Ladies! 
  • Options
    Have you tried Motherhood Maternity? If you're military too then maybe the Bx will have something afforable. Or if you know where an H&M store is (you can shop there online too) they usually have good prices for clothing. Good luck!
  • Options
    I am very disappointed with Old Navy's selection now. I went there and stocked up with my first pregnancy and there was an entire wall of maternity clothes. I went this past weekend and the salesclerk showed me one rack.
  • Options
    Perhaps see if there is a local FreeCycle group?  I see posts all the time on my local page with new moms trying to pass along their maternity clothes. I'm not at the point where I need them yet, but I'll probably start keeping an eye out myself!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Our Macy's and JC Penny have a small selection.  Some Old Navy's carry maternity in store, but be warned their maternity all runs a size big.  Once you have a brand you know and know your size, try ebay or Destination Maternity in the sale/clearance section.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    I've seen maternity sections at Sears and Macys.  You could try Old Navy as well.
  • Options
    I know the last place me and hubby lived (Lejeune) we are a USMC family :) They had their own yard sale website it was lejeuneyardsales.com and I know that a lot of military towns have the same. That is where I bought all of my maternity stuff from lol :) Good luck and happy hunting :)
  • Options
    LOVE Gap.... I always go for the clearance stuff ... the quality is about 100000 X better then any thing else I've gotten (old navy and matherhood).
  • Options
    I buy all of my pants from the Gap. What about there, Old Navy, or Kohls?
  • Options
    I live near a million maternity stores and I still do most of my shopping online. Often they will let you return to the store or free returns on maternity. Definitely worth it. I probably return 80% of what I buy, but at least I get to try it in the comfort of my home, and with a great selection.
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options

imageAprilsies:
    LOVE Gap.... I always go for the clearance stuff ... the quality is about 100000 X better then any thing else I've gotten (old navy and matherhood).

Yes, my best maternity clothes are all Gap.  They're the best compromise of affordability and quality.

There's a 30% off promotion going on today, ad 40% off sales happen with some regularity. Sometimes mat pants are included in the sale (like they are today), but sometimes they're not. 

• Options
    Try ebay.  You can find any kind of maternity line you are looking for (Gap, Old Navy, Motherhood, Mimi, Pea in the Pod, etc) and many women sell "lots" of clothes for VERY reasonable prices.  GL!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Gap and PeaInThePod and we have neither where I live so I order online.  Otherwise, Motherhood Maternity is good although their stuff is pretty cheap quality in my opinion.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered some pants online from Motherhood Maternity. They were cheap (about $26/pair). I'm usually apprehensive about buying stuff online, especially clothes... but their size charts were actually right on, and the pants I bought fit better than the ones I actually went in to a maternity store to get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"