2nd Trimester

I'm a bad patient, I think

So, I've posted here about some odd cramping recently (menstrual-like cramps and feeling of hips being pushed apart started up yesterday, prolonged, hopefully plain RLP), and the fact that my uterus has not gotten ANY higher over the past several weeks.

I've been checking myself out every day for like the past 5 weeks, and my U's been the precise same distance from my belly button the whole time. I'm not sure if it had an early growth spurt and so didn't need to grow recently, or I'm just too close to it and so not judging properly, but...

I made my doc see me today!!! I feel really badly, though. Because I know I'm just a worry wort and I don't like "overloading" the system with unnecessary appointments. I just know it will give me all the relief in the world, and help my husband out, too, who doesn't know when to worry and when to not!

Just wish I still had my rental doppler, that would have done the trick, probably. Anyways, despite not having intense cramps or bleeding, I'm nervous as hell for this appointment ! It is a bit of a mystery why I haven't had any growth in my uterus (it's technically where it's supposed to be at 17 weeks, the lower average, but it's been there for the past SEVERAL weeks, no change). 

I guess I should say I have a few pregnant friends who are only a few weeks ahead of me and they are unmistakably pregnant with big round cute bellies, and so when I look at myself in comparison (I just have some gut with a tiny teeny pooch where my uterus is), it causes me anxiety! Maybe if I didn't have these comparisons, it wouldn't be so bad. 

Anyways wish me luck, and sorry to all my fellow pregnant ladies who may need same-day appointments more than me. Feeling a little guilty, but hopefully it'll be worth it to give me and the DH some relief. Or if something is wrong, at least we'll know sooner than later.  

Re: I'm a bad patient, I think

• Hope everything goes well.  Sounds like normal symptoms but better be safe than sorry.
    Photobucketimage BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it makes you feel any better, I'm not much further along than you, and the baby "bulge" as I like to call it hasn't gotten much bigger in the past few weeks.  I too am anxious for when it grows to the magic size that I actually look pregnant.  I hope your doctor can give you some peace of mind.  Keep us updated. ^_^
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same!  I am around the same time as you, so maybe that has something to do with it?  Luckily, I have an appt today that was already scheduled.  Got my piece of paper in hand, ready to ask questions.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Hope everything goes well for you, and don't feel guilty.  Personally, at your stage, I didn't have a bulge, but was obviously pregnant...everything I was experiencing was very low.  Turns out I'm having a boy...and now at 21 weeks and change, I have a low slung baby "bulge" that is the tell-tale sign (old wives tale or not) that I'm carry low because it's a boy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't freak out too much. I didn't see a noticeable change until about 22 1/2 weeks. Everyone is different :)

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • If this is your first baby it will probably take a little bit longer for it to pop. also depends on your uterus. I have a tilted one so it made me start to show early. Plus when you have your second you will most likely pop really early because  your body already knows what it is doing. this time around i started to show at 10 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I was pregnant with my DD, I noticed that my belly would have little "spurts" where it seemed to grow overnight and then it kinda stayed the same for a few weeks and then I'd have another little spurt.

I wasn't measuring it myself or anything, but it was just kinda what I was noticing.

Maybe it is just growing so slightly, that you aren't noticing it yet. When you hit a little spurt, it might be a little more obvious!

BabyFruit Ticker image imageimage
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with calling your doctor if you're concerned about something.

However, to be honest, I think you're over-analyzing things a bit. You're going to make yourself crazy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks guys, appreciate your testimonies, makes me feel much better!

imageKRISTA555:

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling your doctor if you're concerned about something.

However, to be honest, I think you're over-analyzing things a bit. You're going to make yourself crazy.

I think you're 100% correct. I'm hoping my takeaway from today will be to not over-analyze and try to understand every little thing. : ) 

• I still don't look that big and I'm 6 months pregnant lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imagereason00:
    I still don't look that big and I'm 6 months pregnant lol.

yeah, I hear ya. I'm not so much concerned with that, as I am just the basic standard height of my U - apparently it's supposed to get a CM higher every week and I am pretty darned sure it has not gotten any higher over the past 5 weeks, haha. But it could be that I had a growth spurt early on and didn't need to grow. That mixed in with the sudden cramps, and then having pregnant friends that are hugely showing I guess has just caused me to be really anxious. And then I worry DH and so that's no good hahaha. I'll keep you guys updated after appointment today, and hopefully I'll learn to just chill after this 

• imageEAMartin1004:
    I am about as far along as you and I don't have a baby bump either.  I have no idea how to measure my uterus so I don't know if it's growing according to schedule.  I do however have a lot more "pudge" in my upper belly....definately not my uterus as it is very squishy.  But I always worry if the baby is growing properly.  I sure hope so.  It also doesn't help when people keep tellling me I don't look pregnant at all.  Then they proceed to say how big they were when they were as far along as I am...some even show pictures.  That just feeds my fear.  Please post what the doctor tells you at your appointment.

Well I hope my anxiety can help calm some of yours! I definitely have a pudgy belly now, haha, but it's not the baby as it's squishy - I hear you 110%! Your uterus might be a bit below it or under at this point, but it's pushing everything up. : )

Anyways, I completely relate. I went to a gender reveal party for my pregnant friend who's only 3 weeks ahead of me (tops) and she looks crazy pregnant. And so were her two other pregnant friends, who were a bit farther along, but maybe a month and a half ahead of me...everyone was like you don't look pregnant... so of course I'm like "is this thing growing??"  

• This might make you feel better if you haven't thought of it this way.  Yes, over time your uterus will be visibly higher.  But when your doctor measures you he'll measure from the bottom near your pubic bone to the top and as your uterus swells is also grows OUTWARD.  That outward growth contributes to the centimeters as well.  Get what I'm saying?  So it may not seem higher this week to you but that doesn't mean it won't measure bigger.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I had the same thing a few weeks ago and still have it on and off.  It also scared me and I called the doctor's office, who told me to come in the same day. It eventually turned out that I was just dehydrated! I am glad you are in contact with your doctor's office, as it is better to be safe than sorry! Hope everything is OK!
  • I hope you are just being a little paranoid!  I was SO paranoid with my first too. But I think you are getting around the time where you just POP and then there is your baby, out of nowhere!  I have a fetal doppler too  Embarrassed  And I use it when I don't feel her move. I wouldnt be worried about size at this point though. He/she will pop out before you know it! 

Let us know what the Dr. says though.  Who cares if you think you're a bad patient. It's about your baby, so you go ahead and go if you don't feel right.  I think my dr. would rather me go in rather than be stressed.  :)

• imageelmoali:
    This might make you feel better if you haven't thought of it this way.  Yes, over time your uterus will be visibly higher.  But when your doctor measures you he'll measure from the bottom near your pubic bone to the top and as your uterus swells is also grows OUTWARD.  That outward growth contributes to the centimeters as well.  Get what I'm saying?  So it may not seem higher this week to you but that doesn't mean it won't measure bigger.

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks a ton for clearing that up!  

• Thanks for all your comments, guys! Makes me feel loads better.

Update:

So the doc said it was good that I came in, the crampy feeling in hips was especially of concern because that sort of is like a contraction, but she said as long as I felt okay now and it didn't happen again consistently, not to worry. Anyways, she checked out my uterus - everything looked and felt fine - and then we heard the baby's heartbeat on doppler. She also heard the baby wiggling around, hiccuping and said it was very active! Amazing to me since I can't feel a THING! So, I feel a gajillion times better. : )

Thanks again for your comments, hopefully sharing my experience can help other moms who over-worry like me, too. : )  

• No, no, no I would not say you're a bad patient at all. It's scary being pregnant and feeling oddly and not knowing what's going on in there. It's always better to be safe than sorry and I'm sure your Doc was fine with seeing you to ensure you and baby are safe. Just breath and try to relax (easier said than done I know). 

I seriously thought something was always wrong until I got to hear the baby's heart beat, which was torture considering I had an appointment every 4 weeks! It didn't get better once I started feeling movement either, if she didn't move I would think something was wrong, then would feel movement and know I was being silly.

Don't worry too much, and good luck! Try to enjoy being pregnant it's an amazing thing  :-) 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"