South Florida Babies

Can anyone recommend a good RE?

I just moved here and really have no idea where to go.  I am without insurance at the moment, so if you know any tips I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development

Re: Can anyone recommend a good RE?

• JMayJMay member

Ditto this post!  I came over here to find exactly the same answer!  =-)

Hope you get replies better than mine soon...

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • I saw Dr. Weitzman @ IVF Florida their site is ivfflorida.com. 

She was amazing and helped me get pregnant with my son.

Good luck to the both of you. 

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw Dr Kim Thompson at So Fl Institute for Reproductive Medicine.  She's very carrying and takes her time to ensure you understand all that is going on, tests being run, etc.  The staff is amazing... without them, I wouldn't have been able to go through the whole process.  We became friends through our time there.  I went to the So Miami office, but they have a clinic in Pembroke Pines and I think in Naples as well.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Are you seeking prenatal care? Not sure what your financial status is but you may qualify for county/state funded healthcare for you and your baby. Healthy Start Coalition of Miami-Dade and your local health department should be able to help you or at least guide you in the right direction! I hope I understood your question correctly and you find the answers you are seeking!

Best of luck!

• I used Dr Hoffman at IVF Florida, after 2 MC's.  Like you, I have the prothombian gene mutation factor II amongst other things. Good luck!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • My RE's name is Dr. Neil Goodman. He is right next to Baptist Hospital on 87th Avenue and SW 91st Street. I love him. He is very knowledgeable, very caring, excellent bedside manners, and is very well-known. Got pregnant the 2nd month of seeing him. I also have PCOS, and my 1st treatment of Clomid wasn't enough (he had to increase the dose). Went in for a 2nd month of treatment (Clomid, Metformin, and HCG) and got a BFP four weeks later. He confirmed 7 pregnancies that same week (I was the 7th). He was so excited he had to share the news with me. Again, I love love love him!

Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i also went to IVF of Suuth FLorida, but i saw Dr. Christie... he was amazing.  the whole office staff was.  they were caring and genuine.  i'm currently 22 weeks pregnant becuase of all of their efforts!!! good luck!
  • I saw Dr. Wood at south florida nstitute for rep. medicine! LOVED her. I now have a healthy 5 month old little boy. My best friend also used her and is pregnant with twins :) GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetumpkin:

My RE's name is Dr. Neil Goodman. He is right next to Baptist Hospital on 87th Avenue and SW 91st Street. I love him. He is very knowledgeable, very caring, excellent bedside manners, and is very well-known. 

Ditto!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"