3rd Trimester

Question for Team Green Ladies...

I think I may have convinced my husband to keep the sex a secret until the baby is born (we found out with DS and DD).   Since we found out with our other children I was able to pacify my A Type personality and have a gender specific coming home outfit ready.  Now that we're going Team Green, I have been searcing for an adorable unisex coming home outfit that I can just bring a headband/flower clip if it's a girl.  But I can't find ANYTHING that I absolutely love....what are you bringing???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question for Team Green Ladies...

• I picked out an outfit for a boy and one for a girl. I got them both on clearance and I love them so I didn't mind spending the extra money :).
  • LO will either be coming home in a sleeper or a onesie, a unisex one. I tried to find a unisex outfit, but failed. Not that big of a deal anyway since I find going home outfits a little overrated. I'm coming home, not going to a party.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Our LO is just coming home in a plain white onsie with an adorable blueberry beanie since we call LO Blueberry.  We have a less than 10 min drive home from the hospital and it will be hot so I am not too worried about needing to have a whole outfit.  Blankies will do the trick.
  • imageTeacherVicky:
    LO will either be coming home in a sleeper or a onesie, a unisex one. I tried to find a unisex outfit, but failed. Not that big of a deal anyway since I find going home outfits a little overrated. I'm coming home, not going to a party.

This.

• With my son (we didn't know either), my mom had bought some boy and girl outfits (kept the receipt).  We picked our favorite girl and favorite boy outfit.  Once our son was born, she washed the boy outfit and brought it to the hospital during one of her visits.

We'll do the same this time.  Although when I think about it, it is kind of silly since we just drive straight home from the hospital, so nobody will even see him/her.  But, it gives my mom something to do while she's taking care of my son :)  She likes having these planned activities. 

• To clarify I was thinking less for the actual "coming home" part, but more for the day when we'll be having the most visitors (I've had both babies really late at night/early morning so we didn't have visitors til later in the day once we were settled).  I'm thinking I might have found one, Gymboree "Cute as a Button" grey/green polka dot pants with matching top with saying...maybe I'll search for a cute cap or a headband with a flower to put with it depending on what LO decides to come out as!

• If you have older kids have them create/design a onesie for the baby :-)
  • imageDaisharain:
    If you have older kids have them create/design a onesie for the baby :-)

Awww, that's sweet! :)

• My husband and I went to Target and picked out a girl outfit and a boy outfit.  I know it's a little extra money, but I figure I can give the outfit we don't use as a shower gift in the future.

• my mom is going to pick out an outfit for a boy and girl and we'll keep the outfit that fits the gender. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • I just have a cream coloured onesie to bring baby home in, but I did buy a pink hat and a blue hat on etsy and will bring those along as well! I should find it in a few days which hat we'll be using - I can't WAIT! 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Just a simple white onsie.  I think LOs loo adorable in a simple white onsie and we will wait for a specific outfit when whe DH shoots the NB pics.

I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. And with sizing and all, I have a packed a few sizes of white onsies since we don't know exactly what will fit. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • We're doing one of each. After all this time, we just want to be able to dress our baby up in a gender specific way (we are team green, but only because the baby won't cooperate during ultrasounds).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • My mom went out and bought a boy outfit and washed it for us and brought it to the hospital for us to take DS home in.   By the time we left the hospital, we had at least 3 or 4 other outfits that were gifts that people brought and between the gender neutral clothes we already had, he was set for awhile.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've got two outfits (one for a boy & the other for a girl)... the boy outfit is a one-piece blue striped outfit w/matching hat and the girl outfit is a tunic & leggings.

I love the surprise, but also like having something special for either gender!  I suppose if I found something cute that was unisex I'd be all for it, but with DS's and this pregnancy I didn't.  I just plan on reusing the outfits that I buy for the particular season for future kids, or I'll sell them to somewhere like Once Upon a Child eventually!

As far as having a fall/winter baby, with DS (being a summer baby) I found an adorable cable knit sweater one piece outfit in white that he wore at his baptism.  Definitely gender neutral and adorable!  I got ours from BRU and I think they carry them each year.

N&M married 01.12.08 Mommy to beautiful baby boy, Jack! 06.17.09 8 lbs. 2 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Welcomed 2nd baby boy Christopher! 10.27.11 6 lbs. 8 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"