Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I'm guilty...

of doing NOTHING when DD sleeps. Literally nothing. I have sat here on TB and FB for two hours straight. Wow do I feel like a loser. Just thought I would share that...so any of you efficient people would feel even better about yourselves, lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm guilty...

• lol you're not alone! DD napped for 2 hours this afternoon, the house is a mess and I tried to nap (couldn't fall asleep) and then was on the computer for the remainder of the time! I guess I will have to clean tonight! lol
  • imageJulySpark05:
    lol you're not alone! DD napped for 2 hours this afternoon, the house is a mess and I tried to nap (couldn't fall asleep) and then was on the computer for the remainder of the time! I guess I will have to clean tonight! lol

Same here, I couldn't even do THAT, haha. Oh well, DD is up now (I think) so she will save me from my self-destruction :S

• Loading the player...
  • I was doing the same thing, but less than an hour into the nap, I heard him cry a little. I got up and listened. He got quiet, so I thought I'd the laundry and loading the dish washer before he really woke up. He's still sleeping....  I feel a little more accomplished, but usually I just sit here on the computer.
  • I am guilty of this too.  Frequently.

Don't beat yourself up.  Some folks read books, some plant flowers, others do laundry.  I graze the internet.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I generally read everyday while DD1 naps. It's often the only "me" time I get so I savor every last minute of it!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm a teacher and am now back to school during the week. On weekends, when DD naps, I spend the entire time watching TV with DH, on the internet or reading. There are things that need to be done around the house, but I typically do those while DD is awake and DH is playing with her, or in the evening during the first hour that DD is asleep. I enjoy having the break during the day on the weekends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha ha, DS is napping right now and I am doing the exact same thing that you are. =D
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I do nothing as well. I think its a small gift for a 24 hour job.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedelg23:
    I do nothing as well. I think its a small gift for a 24 hour job.

Great way to put it! Thanks for making me feel less guilty :)

• imagejust_peachy:

I am guilty of this too.  Frequently.

me 3

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• I rarely do anything when he naps. :) he's napping now and i just woke up from a nap. DH is at a friends house and dS destroyed it before we went to the pool at said friends apartment complex. His nap time is my time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You are NOT doing nothing!  You are recharging for when the ball of energy gets up!
  • imageteazr3:
    You are NOT doing nothing!  You are recharging for when the ball of energy gets up!
    Well put!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageArmy~Wife:
    imageteazr3:
    You are NOT doing nothing!  You are recharging for when the ball of energy gets up!
    Well put!!
    Agreed!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Same here. Sometimes I nap, but I never know if DD will nap for 45 minutes or 2 hours. So if I don't lay down as soon as I put her down, I play on the computer until she wakes up.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I do what I can when she is awake and play on the computer for a little while she is napping.  I get bored just watching her play and run around.  I try to sit and play with her but she gets up and moves to go somewhere else so I do the dishes and other things while she is awake and save the bigger stuff for while she napping (between bumping) & at bed time.  
  • imagejust_peachy:

I am guilty of this too.  Frequently.

me 3

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• This happens to me all the time....we should form a club...lol
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You are not alone! All summer I did that on purpose. It was my "me time" to do whatever I wanted and not feel guilty. Usually I watched trash t.v. or played a video game (I really like Mario Bros & Zelda LOL)

I can get stuff done (sometimes) when she's awake or when DH is home to watch her, but I can't really "veg out" while she's awake!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"