Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

At a hotel with LO

How do you give them their bath? Do you bathe them in the hotel bath? Just shower with them? I'm iffy on hotel bathrooms, so I'm not sure what's the best thing to do...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: At a hotel with LO

• I gave DS a bath at the hotel.  I sat him on a hand towel so his bum wouldn't come in direct contact with the tub and he wouldn't slip around too much.  It worked pretty good.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • A couple weeks ago we were in a hotel w/ a shower only. My DH just held him & they showered together. They just needed a helping hand during exit.  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • My boys get baths at home in the regular tub, so I'd just put them in the tub like normal.  If you're skeeved out about germs or whatever, rinse it out first with some soap? 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I just put her right in the tub.  I figure I'm washing her anyway so whatever germs may be in the tub will be washed off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejwthoms1:
    I gave DS a bath at the hotel.  I sat him on a hand towel so his bum wouldn't come in direct contact with the tub and he wouldn't slip around too much.  It worked pretty good.

I like this idea... both for the germs and the slipping! Thanks!

• We bought an inflatable duck tub and used that every couple days on our road trip to FL and back.  It worked great and I didn't have to worry about the germs and uncleanliness of the tub.
  • imageFancyFrenchie:

imagejwthoms1:
    I gave DS a bath at the hotel.  I sat him on a hand towel so his bum wouldn't come in direct contact with the tub and he wouldn't slip around too much.  It worked pretty good.

I like this idea... both for the germs and the slipping! Thanks!

When I was in Europe and dying for a warm bath this is what I did.  I'd probably do this with a kiddo as well. 

• We just stayed at a hotel this summer with LO. It was a very nice, clean hotel so I felt comfortable sitting him in the tub for a bath. If you're not sure I would just put a towel in the tub and he can sit on that while you bathe him.

• In a normal hotel stay, I just shower with him.

When we moved here to Hawaii we lived at the inn on post for 47 days. I cleaned the tub myself and would let him sit in it. 

• We just use the bath. You could clean it out with Chlorox wipes or something first to be careful.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • DS showered w/dh when we stayed at a hotel earlier this summer.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would assume that there are more germs in the blankets and carpets than in the tub and that your LO will live if you give them a bath in a bathtub with soap and warm water. 
  • imagejwthoms1:

This is a good idea. I hadn't even thought of this, and we're traveling this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"